And now another lump

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by kateincornwall, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Having got over his sickness , Sam seemed to return to normal service . Then, yesterday after a very rainy walk , I was towelling him off and as the fur parted on his chest , there was another raised red nodule , identical to the one that started him off on his journey with Epitheliotropcial t cell Lymphoma 15 months ago . To say I was shocked is an understatement , I used a dilute hibiscrub to clean it , he didn't protest at all, so like the first one, it doesn't seem to hurt him . First thing this morning , I looked again as though wishing it to have gone, but of course, it hasn't done ! Vets in the morning for him , although is isn't bothering him at all and for now just making sure it is kept clean and keeping him out of water . A good Vet friend had sent me a paper on this type of lymphoma , it seems that when the disease is active , we are to expect eruptions of these cancerous nodules and so I guess its just a reminder of what he has going on inside his lovely body . I wont opt for surgery again , we know what his problem is and I truly don't want to put him through more distress , what a journey this is , lots of smooth rides sprinkled with some rough ones but as long as our boy isn't suffering , the journey goes on x

2. Aitch

Aitch Registered Users

I'm so sorry to hear this. I am glad he isn't suffering but I am sure you are and my thoughts are with you.

3. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Not something you want to discover... I hope things settle down again into a non-active phase, if that is how this works.

Sounds like he's stil feeling well though, and enjoying his walks no matter what the weather.

4. Joy

Joy Registered Users

I’m sorry to read this - it must be a horrible reminder for you. I hope Sam stays feeling well.

5. MF

MF Registered Users

@kateincornwall oh boy, what a rollercoaster ride this is for you. Just devastating. Luckily Sam has you to keep him comfortable and so dearly loved. You are in my thoughts.

6. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Sending lots of love to you and beautiful Sam :inlove:

7. FayRose

FayRose Registered Users

I'm very sorry to read this, what a nightmare for you. You clearly know how to deal with this and to be sure Sam isn't suffering; doesn't make it any easier though does it? x

8. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Best wishes and hugs from us all here.

9. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Oh Kate, I am so sorry to read this, can imagine what you must have been feeling when you discovered the second lump. I just hope it is a 'wax' and the 'wain' will follow quickly. xx

10. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

I'm so sorry to hear this - thinking of you and beautiful Sam. :hug:

11. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Thanks all xx It is hard , hard to switch off from what is happening on the inside . This cancer is not aggressive but it is progressive , the presence of a lump telling us that its in a state of activity , not dormant as it often is . I`ve just been for a glorious walk with them both , watching Sam , ever on the sniff for deer , tail up , looking happy , so shall it be xx

Granca, Pilatelover, Joy and 5 others like this.
  12. Karen

Karen Registered Users

I really feel for you Kate, it is horrible. Only good thing is that Sam doesn't look into the future - for now he is happy and enjoying his life.

MF likes this.
  13. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

So glad Sam is happy & oblivious to this horrible disease. I hope this active phase id short lived xx

14. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

So sorry to read about the lump, I can only imagine how you must have felt.

15. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

16. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Sorry to hear this Kate, it's such a huge worry for you. Sending much love and hugs to you and the wonderful Sam :hug: xx

selina27 likes this.
  17. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

What a shock for you! You are so incredibly brave, with your positive manner I doubt that Sam really knows that anything is the matter with him xx

18. mandyb

mandyb Registered Users

So sorry to hear Sam has developed another lump, I can imagine how devastated you are. I hope he stays feeling well, and enjoys his walks for a long time to come. x

19. SteffiS

SteffiS Registered Users

So sorry to hear this.

20. Sven

Sven Registered Users

Sorry to hear Sam is having a flare up. Hopefully it becomes dormant soon.
    Glad you all enjoyed your walks. Always good to take your mind of things while watching Sam having a good sniff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.