Annie spay surgery

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by Cath, May 21, 2016.

1. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Hope all goes well today. Cleaning definately makes the time go quicker :)

Cath likes this.
  2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I'm sure it will all go fine :)

Doing stuff to pass the time is a good plan. And then you get to enjoy a shiny clean house too.

Dexter and Cath like this.
  3. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Ahh...today is the day! Sure she will be fine, and will come back to a sparkling clean home! :)

Cath likes this.
  4. Karen

Karen Registered Users

I'm sure all will go well, but thinking of you.

Cath likes this.
  5. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Well, I just got back from leaving her :( Annie walked away with the nurse, like she hadn't a care in the world.
    They said they would ring around 2.30pm. Now where is that hover .....................

charlie likes this.
  6. Bruer

Bruer Registered Users

Aw big hugs Cath, try not to worry she's in good hands xx as for housework! what are you thinking? :shake:

Cath likes this.
  7. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Hi Cath, hoping all goes well today for little Annie. It's a good thing she went off not worried that shows you have done a great job and she's not nervous. Now get on with the cleaning ;):) x

Cath likes this.
  8. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Well the vets just rang and said all went well and she is sitting up. He said he will give her some breakfast :DThis will please her. We can pick her up at 2.30 pm.

Not done too much housework just the back room all nice for visitors :D I have played with Fred in the garden most of the time.

drjs@5, Emily, MaccieD and 2 others like this.
  9. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Ah glad to hear she's bright after the op.....you'll be going for her soon ,I hope she's ok she will be all the better for being back home with you c

Cath likes this.
  10. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

All good then...and brekky too! Bet you can't wait for 2.30pm! :)

Cath likes this.
  11. Bruer

Bruer Registered Users

So pleased she's all done and heading home :doug:

Cath likes this.
  12. QuinnM15

QuinnM15 Registered Users

Quinn was spayed yesterday and we picked her up last night...she has been a total zombie and cried a bit overnight and did not want food or water. She is still not herself this morning and she was sent home with 4 days of pain meds. Annie will be happy to see you when you pick her up!

13. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Sorry @QuinnM15 that Quinn isn't doing so well after her spay. Sometimes it is the affects of the GA rather than the op itself. I would offer her some small meals, perhaps with something tasty on top to encourage her to eat, and plenty of fresh water available. Please let us know how she gets on.

@Cath really pleased to hear that all went well with little Annie, and wishing her a speedy recovery.

Cath and Bruer like this.
  14. Cath

Cath Registered Users

I've been and got my girl. She is fine, she did cried for a little while in the car on the way home, but she is now fast asleep in her crate. I have left the door open and Fred is laying just outside it. TV on Chelsea Flower show for them. :D The vet said all went well and she was very well behaved... have I picked up the right dog :D She had a pain injection this afternoon and they have given her 4 Metacam tabs, 2 for tomorrow and the other 2 for Friday. Saturday got an appointment to see the vet at 11 am just to check her over and make sure she is OK. The stiches don't need taking out. He said if I have any problems 24/ 7 just to ring. Lead only for 7 days.

Sorry Quinn is not too well. Did she have Laparoscopic Spay Surgery? Did the vet say you could call if you were worried about her? Like Rosemary said it could be the GA rather that the op it self.

drjs@5, Emily and Bruer like this.
  15. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

@Cath good to hear that Annie is home and sleeping it off with Fred on guard, bless him.

Cath likes this.
  16. QuinnM15

QuinnM15 Registered Users

@MaccieD @Cath It is definitely the GA, her surgery went well. She did not get laparoscopic spay (not an option at our clinic unfortunately) but had a laser incision to reduce pain, swelling and chance of infection. She does not seem in pain. Just very tired and confused...she wasn't very steady on her feet last night and tried to get to the door but had accidents along the way :( She cried because she was thirsty I think, as once I brought her water she didn't cry again. She has eaten a bit this morning and had a kong and has mostly slept. We have to lead walk 7-10 days and have a follow up in 10 days. Also no stitches to be removed.

Very cute that Fred is watching over Annie!!

Bruer and Cath like this.
  17. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

@QuinnM15 Bless her, sleep is the best thing for her at the moment, She's drinking which is good, so just small meals to start her back to normal routine. Lead walking can be he fun part, but best to keep the restricted even though they think they are absolutely fine :)

Cath likes this.
  18. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Make sure she has plenty of water.

Fred miss her although she wasn't gone for very long. He wouldn't eat his lunch, but has now polished off his tea with no trouble. The house did seem very quiet without her.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and wishes, its a lovely place this forum :happy:

QuinnM15 likes this.
  19. Bruer

Bruer Registered Users

Big hugs to Annie and Quinn, hope they both feel a lot better tomorrow x

QuinnM15 and Cath like this.
  20. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Glad to hear that Annie's home safe and sound.

Hope Quinn starts to feel better soon.

Cath and QuinnM15 like this.