Anxious puppy

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by base28, Jul 10, 2018.

1. base28

base28 Registered Users

Just when things seem to be going ok another problem rears its head! Luna is nearly 10 months old and up to now happy to go to bed in her crate at night then out of the blue a few nights ago took to barking after being in there after a few moments, now we are having barking whining and scratching at the floor! As far as we can tell nothing has changed so not sure how to approach this behaviour, any advice really welcome

2. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

@base28 behaviours don't start without reason - it's not always easy or possible to identify the cause. So with most behaviour forget about cause and look at modifying. So can you move the crate to another location to change the scenario for Luna. Change the bedtime routine?

Cath likes this.
  3. base28

base28 Registered Users

Yes I will look at it all tomorrow after i am hoping a reasonable amount of sleep as at the moment am frazzled and I don't want Luna thinking negative things! She has finally gone off to sleep

4. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

It's a horrible shock isn't it when you have got used to your beauty sleep again and this happens. Here's an article that might help too: Is Your Dog Barking At Night

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

5. base28

base28 Registered Users

On yes it is lol , Luna gets up early which I don't mind as someone is always off to work and she knows someone is home too but I have noticed a slight change in her behaviour during the day like she would wonder around the garden happy when I am in the kitchen but the last few days of i go in after hanging laundry out she comes too regardless of her eating a tasty kong! Not really sure how to tackle this.