Are you one of those mums (or dads)?

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Master Bowie, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Master Bowie

Master Bowie Registered Users

Agree!!! Bowie is my first pet (dog) and to be honest I didn't expect that we would have this strong/intense bond in the beginning. I was amazed/taken aback at first but it just seems to happen quite naturally!
    Now I can't imagine our lives without him!
    :inlove:

Granca likes this.
  2. Maxx's Mum

Maxx's Mum Registered Users

Oh thank goodness I found this thread! I honestly thought I was a bit nuts to feel and think the way I do! I said 'yes absolutely' to all 12 points plus everything else everyone has posted! I can't believe we waited 7 years since our old lab left us to get little Maxx. But we were madly renovating during that time so it wasn't practical plus we were just so devastated we swore 'never again'.

I have had to stop talking about Maxx to work colleagues as I can see them rolling their eyes behind my back. Yes I have developed eyes in the back of my head - had to in order to watch Mr Maxx and his naughty antics at all times!!:D

drjs@5, Granca and Aitch like this.
  3. Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn Registered Users

DH and I are seperately guilty and together we are painful to others. Not only do we verbally vomit about Harley but about our cats too!

But honestly I work with complex human emotions and relationships every day so when you have the unconditional love of a dog (bless my cats, but they so conditional they should come with terms and conditions) it is fantastic. And she is at such a wonderful age now that I just love spending time and doing things with her. I don't doubt the bond between parents and children but wow, having kids is hard, hard, hard. The benefits are incredible but the sacrifices are emotionally huge and the financial is obvious. With Harley I feel that coming home to her is my prize for working hard in the day.