As of Monday McQueen will be alone...

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Labrina, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Labrina

Labrina Registered Users

Hello everyone, Monday is drawing close and whilst preparing George and myself for his upcoming surgery, one thing dawned on me other than obviously the feeding of McQeen during my absence which has been taken care of already with the neighbour. There is an issue about the village with dogs in houses, I myself WAS one of them once a upon a time pre-Mc. They simply won't allow for it and that's fine. He will be left outside on a covered patio with plenty of room to run and plenty of things to see, however as he is used to our company should I be also doing something else prior to Monday? Along with my sons surgery this is has become a great concern for me. I'm not too keen on leaving the gate keys to just anyone...

2. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Re: As of Monday McQueen will be alone...

Hi Labrina, I don't really know what you are going to do with McQueen but I am sure someone with far more experience than me will come up with some ideas to help you. I really just wanted to say that I am thinking about you and George and sincerely hope that all goes well on Monday, which it will. This is an awfully worrying time for you, and you will both be in my thoughts. Please if you have a moment try to let us know how George is. I am in no doubt that McQueen will be great therapy for George and will help with his recovery. In the meantime keep going as we mums do and keep smiling :) Love Helen xx

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Like Helen, I don't really have an answer to your question, but wish you and George the best of luck - hope all goes smoothly :)

jacqui xx

4. Karen

Karen Registered Users

What a terrible worry for you, fingers crossed all goes well for George on Monday. Leaving the pup alone is of course not a great situation, but it doesnt sound as though it can be avoided right now. You need to concentrate on George, and just ensure that McQueen gets lots of people coming to see him to play with him, not just feed him, if at all possible. Good luck, xxx

5. Labrina

Labrina Registered Users

Thanks everyone for your well wishes...Let's hope they stick as time draws closer I seem to be becoming more and more a nervous wreck. George has been told we are placing a butterfly i his leg to zipppp through and make it all better. Seems to help. As for allowing people over to play with McQueen this is a great concern as only children will be able to and I for the life of me don't trust kids with McQueen just yet. Not that I'm afraid he'l bite...I'm more afraid of their treatment towards him bringing out defensive behaviour. I have the same problem with George. LOL ..Paranoid mum both ways!

6. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Everything crossed for George on Monday. Good luck x

Pippa

7. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Good luck George!!

And I hope you and McQueen aren't too worried and you're all back together, happy and well very soon x

8. David

David Registered Users

Hope all goes well on Monday.

9. Sersi

Sersi Registered Users

A stressful time for you. I hope Monday goes well for George. x

10. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Labrina, how are things??? How is George??? How is McQueen??? And how are you coping with everything??? Hope all is well... Karen x

11. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Hi Labrina, was just thinking about you, George and McQueen. Keep in touch we all would like to know if you are all well and OK. Love Helen xx

12. Labrina

Labrina Registered Users

Hello Helen and the rest of the brat pack,

I am very sorry I haven't been around much for the last couple of weeks, things have been a little hectic as can be imagined. George still has not had his surgery and I'm waiting on a court hearing scheduled so that I may take him overseas (Australia) to get whatever needs to be done done. I'm hoping it will all be sorted by May but at the rate and the way things are going in Greece at the moment...I very much doubt that. As for McQueen hes kicked onto his 5th + month, I'm sadenned to advise I haven't really been able to train or spend as much time with him as I would have liked, although he does get around alot, considering I take him wherever I go..well almost. hehe..I am having some problems with his eating habbits as he's still on kibble and I was told to keep him on it until the 18th month but heck it's getting so expensive to maintain. I'm paying 20 euro every 10 days just for food. He doesn't want to stop eating ! I had him vaccinated on wednesday and fully checked by the vet, which to my suprise also mentioned another one next month necessary, so all in all that makes this one the 4th one since birth. Does this sound right to you or is this guy having me on because last month he told me the next one is not until he turns 2. I do come on from time to time to ensure your all behaving, but heck that would be wishful thinking wouldn't it !!! ??? LOL Adore you all, I'll keep you posted as things occur and see about getting an updated picture of my two terrors. Inseperable is not the word to use...

13. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Good to hear from you Labrina, even if the news isn't yet good for you :(
    Others will be able to advise you on the jags etc but I think Lilly had 3 in the first year but one was an extra as she changed vets and they had to use the same product ::) I guess vets maybe vaccinate against different things in Greece ??
    Happy to hear McQueen and George are best buddies :)

Good luck with your legal wranglings - hope things sort themselves out soon, you must be exhausted with it all.

jac

14. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Hi Labrina, great to hear from you and very sorry to hear that poor George has not had his surgery. I am so sorry you are having such a stressful time with courts etc. and I wish you all the luck in the world with that one. On the upside it's great to hear the McQueen is bringing such comfort to you and George. Fingers and paws crossed here for a good outcome, please keep us posted as we all think about you. Love Helen xxx

15. Sersi

Sersi Registered Users

Hi Labrina,

Things sound pretty stressful for you, sorry to hear that it isn't so straightforward for George.

Thinking of you all.