Discussion in 'Information and Announcements' started by pippa@labforumHQ, May 12, 2015.

1. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

The forum is starting to look more friendly already with the avatars working :) If anyone who is not a moderator would have a go at uploading an avatar it would be a great help. So that we could see whether or not we have got it working for everyone. The dimensions need to be 100 x100 pixels or less - square seems to work best, and it needs to be no more than 20kb in size. If you have a go, let us know here how you get on.

2. sunsetpines

sunsetpines Registered Users

not a moderator...but got it to work for me! :) Thanks gang!!!

3. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Very cute pic too :)

4. sunsetpines

sunsetpines Registered Users

Thanks Rachel...it's one of my favs of Miss Bella ;)

5. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Loaded Avatar tis morning with no problem (once I found the edit - duh me being stupid, not the forum) I had read the thread and had 100x100 pixels but interesting my file says it was 24kb but loaded fine. love that it's so easy to upload from hard drive :D

6. We've set up the server so it should automatically resize any picture to fit.

7. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

I put mine up the other day. I did try to upload direct from my desktop and it didn't resize, but maybe that was before it was changed to do it automatically? I just resized it myself and had no problem uploading :D

8. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Good news on the avatar - your signature line needs a tidy up as the ampersand thingy isn't fixed in it.

9. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

Thanks, I didn't know that my signature was visible - I can't see it or anyone else's. I have gone and fixed it, but still don't see it. Don't have an edit post button either. Had it once briefly, but it's gone again. Should the edit button allow you to delete a post? I couldn't see how to do that other than remove all the text, but it left an 'empty' post :confused:
    Sorry if this is obvious, but I have not spent much time looking around as I need to be on PC or laptop. Mobile is just hopeless :(

10. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Oh that is strange.
    Not sure about the delete. We can as mods but I haven't tried as I was worried I might delete more than the one post. :/