Back of the car

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by knees78, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Emily

Emily Registered Users

I think the harness is great but it is quite restrictive (as I'm sure it needs to be) so it takes a little getting used to :)

2. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

My two tolerate their AllSafe harnesses, but they don't like them. They don't run away anymore when I get them out (we've done lots of work with them), but they do shut down. I'm afraid I don't have much choice at the moment, though; I'm not having them loose in the car - as Barbara says, that's a huge projectile that could hurt anyone else in the car, even if you're not concerned for the safety of your dog (I most certainly am!). Once they're in the car, they're quite happy, and when we get to the other end, they'll mooch as normal until I get their harnesses off. It seems to be the initial putting them on that's the worst. They occasionally get a bit tangled up with them, if they try to turn around whilst wearing them, then we have to stop the car to sort them out. It's a rare event now; as they travel more, they seem to get the idea that they can't move much. They can sit up or lie down, though, without it pulling on them, and I think that's important so they can be comfortable.

Emily and bbrown like this.