Back to square one I think

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Julie1962, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Julie1962

Julie1962 Registered Users

Elsie just finished her season so we are back out walking and my lord she seems to have forgotten how to walk nicely and we are back to the beginning with her barking at everything and everyone. Oh well managed to teach her before so am sure we can do it again but she sure can make a noise !

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: Back to square one I think

Oh dear, that's a shame, but you do right to take her right back to the beginning rather than trying to correct too much , good luck , I`m sure she will soon get back into the swing of things :)

3. Mollly

Mollly Registered Users

I am assuming, because she has just finished her season, that you have a teenage dog.

Molly was hell as a teenager. Beyond boisterous, forgot everything I 'd struggled to instil into her. It was so depressing. It was back to Square one. Only it wasn't. She re learnt quite quickly. I assume it was because it was already in place and just like a human teenager she had temporarily forgotten.

4. Julie1962

Julie1962 Registered Users

That's reassuring, she is 11 months old but has been stuck in doors for 3-4 weeks just couldn't take a chance with the males around here. Didn't want a staffiexmastiffxlabrador litter under any circumstances.