Bath time

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Jacqueline Mckendrick, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Jacqueline Mckendrick

Jacqueline Mckendrick Penny and me

I dont know wher to laugh or cry. In fact i cant stop laughing now. It was like a slapstick comedy of errors. Took Penny my 23wk pup for a walk on lead ..she hates every minute of it and so do i ..anyway when i let her off lead as we near home and get to a safe area she dives straight up to her ears into the biggest dirtiest puddle of sludge and loves it. OMG cant even tell she is yellow i have now got a black lab. Cut to the chase and picture the scene...tiny bathroom..bath with shower overhead..me and Penny caked in muck trying to get her into bath..she is literally trying to run in the bath ..i am trying to hold her, get her wet and shampoo and wash her with one hand and rinse her with the other. The shower hose fell onto bathroom floor and its going everywhere. By this time Penny and i have had a shower ..she manages to jump out of bath just as i had rinsed her and runs straight out the door and downstairs into living room shaking herself as she goes. She is skidding all over wooden floor and now has the zoomies. Talk about hysterical my neighbours must think someone has been murdered with all the shreiking. BTW Penny is lying at my feet beautiful and clean and i am exhausted lol.:cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::tail::tail::tail::tail::cold::cold::cold::cold::heart::heart:

2. MF

MF Registered Users

Hilarious! What’s with these dogs - they’re happy to swim in the iciest sea, but can’t bear to be showered?!!!!

For our boy - now almost 6 yo - treats treats treats is the only way to have him stand still. Usually requires two of us - one administering treats, the other with the water - although I have managed alone with treats in one hand, watering can in the other (he gets bathed outside, we don’t have a bath inside, only showers, so it’s easier with a watering can outside).

I do LOVE those post-bath zoomies! Actually my boy does them several times during the bath session when he tears away.

3. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

So funny!!! I can just picture the mess and destruction :D

4. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

Oh my word, I can just picture the mess >:)

5. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Oh no! Total chaos :rofl: