Baths

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Kelsey&Axel, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Ski-Patroller

Ski-Patroller Cooper, Terminally Cute

Ours swim quite a bit, but rarely get a bath. Usually a couple of times a year. I bathe them in the walk in shower when I do it.

Kelsey&Axel likes this.
  2. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

I also reckon you get a less sensitive nose as you become more accustomed! I have to say Dexter Is more pungent since he's been in the UK ....I spread sheets over the couches in the house and they are getting chucked in the washer more frequently than his covers in Dubai do! :rofl:

Kelsey&Axel likes this.
  3. Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones Registered Users

Unfortunately my boy rolls regularly in fox poo so he has had several baths. He actually loves them, and loves all the scrubbing while in there and then the rub down with (several) towels, followed by a case of the zoomies around the house and garden! He also loves his padding pool (although he still will not put his butt in the water!) - think I may invest in some Cowboy Magic to deal with the smaller fox poo incidents!

4. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

a shampoo called POO is really good and you can spot wash if the area isn't to wide spread. If they have totally s**t surfed you have no choice but to wash unfortunately, Moo is the main offender in our house and she will still give at a go at 13. Her fav is human poop and cow slurry

5. Samantha Jones

Must say spot cleaning most times is not really an option as when he gets going it is a real s**t surf! OMG human poop and cow slurry....aaaahhhhhhh :eek: must admit not been anywhere where my boy can have access to cow slurry, but my old childhood lab x used to eat and roll in the stuff - I can still smell it!!!! You have my sympathies @sdegg !!

6. SwampDonkey

its a good thing not having access to all that cow poo goodness, theres nothing like a cow slurry dipped labrador but I don't think it will ever catch on though. We haven't been on that walk for a while

7. mcatalao

mcatalao Registered Users

Hey guys would a hose bath, only water (no shampoo) be bad to a 9 week old puppy? And what frequency wold be ok?

We've use baby cloths to clean the paws and back, and baby powder on the coat, as the breeder advised.

8. Emily

Emily Registered Users

I think a hose would be fine but maybe don't over do it as I'm not sure how waterproof their baby fur is (others feel free to answer!). In fact, as I have a dog that doesn't like the hose, I'd probably recommend getting them used to it at an early age :)

mcatalao likes this.
  9. Samantha Jones

My boy has regular baths thanks to his special skills in rolling in fox poo! We pop him in the bath and use a shower attachment. He absolutely loves it - not sure if its the water, the scrubbing (or the faces we pull because of the smell!) or the fact that he is systematically destroying a family of rubber ducks! And not forgetting the dry down with several towels being used - one to lay on and roll about like a loon, one to have a game of tug with dad, one to try and get him as dry as possible before the body shake!

Emily likes this.
  10. Ski-Patroller

Ski-Patroller Cooper, Terminally Cute

Must be a lot more foxes in the UK than on this side of the pond. Maybe you need some Coyotes to control them;).

Samantha Jones likes this.
  11. SwampDonkey

I use a water can on mine. I used to put my pups in the bath with a small amount of water and toys just to play.

12. Samantha Jones

I am sure that Bailey would find rolling in Coyote poo just as exciting as fox poo :D:D

drjs@5 likes this.