Bed routine

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by markclaxton, Feb 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. markclaxton

markclaxton Registered Users

Hi!

Our chocolate lab Charlie comes to bed with us every night, he has his own bed on the floor near our bed. But he has an obsession with getting on the bed with us during the night.

Each night before we go to bed we find him on our bed waiting for us. And each time we give him a treat and tell him to go to sleep, and he goes on his bed and lays down, great. But later on he’ll eventually make his way on to our bed, trying to sleep between us or my legs.

Does anyone have any advice on how we can make sure Charlie stays on his bed or at least, just off our bed?

He’s a well trained dog but he’s obsessed with sleeping with us on our bed.

Thanks.

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

I`m afraid that, if he stays in your room , he will keep getting on the bed ! I`ve nothing against dogs in the bedroom at all, or even on the bed for that matter but I honestly cant see a way that you can stop this whilst you are asleep ! Would he settle somewhere else, say outside the bedroom door , or maybe he has now gotten into the habit and its set in stone ! My lad loved climbing onto the bed but I did have to ban him from the bedroom as he weighed 40 kilos , there simply wasn't room !

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Lilly comes up during the night, but we just move our legs under her and she hops back off again.

selina27 likes this.
  4. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I’m too light a sleeper to sleep with dogs on the bed, ‘tho I did for years when I was younger. Mine both sleep downstairs now. How about a baby gate by the bedroom door with his bed behind it so he can see and hear you?