Benson and Caspers Training Log

Discussion in 'Your Training Logs' started by Beanwood, Jan 22, 2015.

1. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Re: Benson and Caspers Training Log

Good work with Casper :)

I think if the weather is good, I'll take my two to Westonbirt in May when I come over. It is a beautiful place.

2. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Re: Benson and Caspers Training Log

[quote author=snowbunny link=topic=9614.msg154343#msg154343 date=1428161950]
    Good work with Casper :)

I think if the weather is good, I'll take my two to Westonbirt in May when I come over. It is a beautiful place.
    [/quote]

Oh you must! It really is huge, and lots of quiet trails to follow. We were there today and had such a good time. You can choose between wide open spaces, wooded trails, or well surfaced footpaths. Early May and lots of blossom will be out too :) It does cost to enter but worth it..the dog bins even have free poo bag dispensers. The majority of dogs are very well behaved though... ::) ;D

3. Beanwood

Update with Casper..

Real breakthrough today. One thing we hadn't yet tried, mainly due to how reactive he can be on the lead, was to walk him through our local town High Street of Chipping Sodbury, a lovely rural market town.
    We have had real success recently in a couple of pub gardens, clicking when calm, and also when he was watching other people (with a look at that cue). That was a great success. So we thought we would try.
    So today was the day. I was a bit nervous, Casper is wary of people who don't have a dog with them, and was a bit worried he would find all these yumans without a dog a bit strange! I don't think he has ever walked down a street before.We had set up the walk, just to head about 100 metres maybe less to a little spot called Hatherells Yard. just of the High Street, quiet, and dog friendly, with a rather special shop for dogs called Bertie and Boos.
    Everyone was lovely! He got lots of fuss and cuddles. We came away with some dog biscuits and 2 tubs of Billy and Margot dog ice-cream. Casper is looking forward to going back again! He was an absolute star, so, very, very proud of him, and something we could have only dreamt about a few months back.

[​IMG]Casper in the shop by Kate Hart, on Flickr

4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Well done Casper!
    Billy and Margots ice cream....nom nom....what a fabulous treat! :)
    He is doing really really well Kate x

5. Merla

Merla Registered Users

Ooh, clever boy Casper! Enjoy the ice cream

6. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

He looks so happy :) Great achievement.

7. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Clever Casper! Well deserved ice cream. :)

8. Joy

Joy Registered Users

A real achievement - well done. :)

9. Beanwood

10. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Hehehe. Good boys :)

11. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Oh, I wish I'd known about that shop when I was over. You have me Googling recipes for dog ice cream now :D

12. charlie

charlie Registered Users

That's fantastic Kate well done and Casper too x . Hope you enjoyed the ice cream boys :D:D You have inspired me to try Charlie in town as I haven't been brave enough :rolleyes: xx

13. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Well done to you all . Might have to visit that shop

14. Beanwood

This morning was "heelwork" actually Marcus was working with Casper....but Benson wanted to join in too....so Marcus worked with both dogs on heel. :D

[video=youtube;8w8xGoU0U0k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w8xGoU0U0k[/video]

15. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Good work!

16. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Oooo - embedded video. :) How do you do that? I tried pasting a link between video tags, but it didn't work....

17. Beanwood

I copied the entire youtube page link into the video option...not the truncated link in the "share" option on the youtube page:)

18. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Wow that's lovely, Casper is particularly attentive. We will never get that from Charlie that's for sure even if a T Bone steak was on offer :rolleyes: Brilliant you must be so chuffed xxx

19. Beanwood

Well Helen, had a bit of a hiccup yesterday. Hubby took Benson to agility, so I took Casper for a ramble around the top field (adjacent to a wood) As we reached the brow of a pathway that leads onto the field I spotted a fox...a nano- second before Casper did. Needless to say, Casper had a very good workout.
    Me? I just laid my gilet on the grass, laid down and watched the swallows for a bit until his lordship decided to come back...sigh....

20. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Hi Kate, I think hiccups are inevitible with rescue dogs as it so very difficult to start right from the start with an older dog. We had one about 2 months ago, again a Fox, Charlie was off like a rocket and gone for 40 minutes which he hasn't done for such a long time, but, generally speaking when he goes on an 'excursion' it's for 2 - 5 minutes which is better than the 1 hour plus he used to do all the time and taking into consideration his Pointer genes he's not too bad and hopefully will improve on this :rolleyes:

Casper has done extremely well in such a short space of time which you shouldn't forget. xx