Best dog food that produces firm poos!

Discussion in 'Labrador health' started by Paul de Thierry, Jun 13, 2019 at 10:10 AM.

1. Paul de Thierry

Paul de Thierry Registered Users

We have a 7 year old lab who is still very active. He's a domestic dog. He has been fed for many years on Arden Grange, Lamb & Rice (dry food). However over the past 18 months when we have walked him his first poo has been firm, but subsequent ones lose shape and the third/fourth poo is runny.
    Recently we swapped him onto John Burns, salmon & rice, which initially made a difference. However the same pattern has returned again.

Has anyone else experienced this and uses a food that solves the issue?

2. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

I use pro fibre for my dog. He has colitis and it helps keep his poos firm. The fibre skies his digestive system down and really works for him. I presume you worm regularly as parasites can sometimes be a problem.

3. Jo Laurens

Jo Laurens Registered Users

Raw food.

Debs and Ruth Buckley like this.
  4. Ruth Buckley

Ruth Buckley Registered Users

Raw food works well for us and you can control content (bone/offal) to suit your dog. Send a sample off for a worm count if you're concerned about parasites - don't just treat blindly.

5. AlphaDog

AlphaDog Registered Users

I second the raw diet. Drinks less water, poops are smaller and firm. Been on it for 3 years now.

Debs likes this.