Betsy is a titch!

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by JulieT, Oct 10, 2016.

1. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

There isn't anything we can do about the fact we are collecting data from pet owners, with wiggly dogs, and people might not be very precise about measuring things. :) But, unless we measure the dogs ourselves, which is impossible, we'll have to live with that. We'll just put lots of social pressure on people to be careful with the measurements. :)

drjs@5 likes this.
  2. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

I think I'm used to more rigourous data collection. It will be fun to see some of the results. I'm just getting jaded

3. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I'm all for data...collected from a valid and representative sample by independent parties. Nothing meaningful could be concluded from a small dataset collected by members from their own dogs, where members are also assigning dogs to the categories of interest.

But if we acknowledge it as just a bit of fun and don't try to conclude anything much from it, that's fine! :)

SwampDonkey likes this.
  4. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

I think this has been killed off before it starts now! :D Jeez....

5. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Well, I'm still interested! I need to find a tape and I'll measure W&S tomorrow. I guess it doesn't matter if we don't enter both height and weight at once? Because I don't have any scales here to weigh them on :D

6. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I'm happy to do it too!

But since we'll have less than perfect data and no hypotheses it's just something we should see as a fun thing. Nothing wrong with that though.

7. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Well I am collecting the data from all three of ours..just need to check what else I need to collect :)

JulieT likes this.