Big day for Hero tomorrow

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by mummyp85, Nov 2, 2019.

1. mummyp85

mummyp85 Registered Users

Hero has been doing really well on his walks and runs this last few weeks, gradually increasing amount of distractions and he is coping good. Going to take the bit between the teeth tomorrow and try time at a Country House Estate Park and see how he gets on. He's been getting well accustomed to cattle, sheep and horses and we think he may be ready for the next step. All fingers crossed that we have a good time

2. SianMJ

SianMJ Registered Users

Enjoy! :)

3. mummyp85

mummyp85 Registered Users

So Hero surpassed himself today. We went to Blickling Hall now the National Trust have become dog friendly. We thought naively, that last day of season and damp weather it would t be too busy for putting him to the test. How wrong were we....car parks were full, we ended up in the overflow park. Got out and the cacophony of dogs barking almost made me get back in the car. He's never going to cope, I thought. Wrong again. He was absolutely brilliant. Only went to jump up people twice crossing the car park and for him that's fantastic as he's a real jumper upper, something we've been having such problems with. Met so many dogs who were all as eager to be friends as he was, all sizes and ages. Only one got a bit grumpy with his boisterous behaviour and warned him. Lovely people there, all so dog friendly. He even sat good for children to say hello to him. One Labrador owner asked if I was going to let him off leash. I wasn't sure cos he's only just coming good with his recall but decided to take the chance. Had my bag of stinky treats and whistle to hand, which also brought a few more dogs my way lol. He was absolutely brill. He seemed so happy running free and came on every recall apart from one....and that was cos he found a lovely pile of dung to roll head to toe in. Magic word worked then. Car smelt like a farmyard on way home even after an impromptu bath by car to turn my beautiful boy from black back to Golden. He absolutely loved it. Have nicknamed him Mr Stink after that. I know this isn't so much about puppy help, but good comments and threads on this forum have helped me get through the devil dog, scars and tears to where we are now and I just wanted to pay it back that there is light at the end no matter how dark times can feel. My Hero is becoming my wonderful handsome lad and one day like today makes me forget the bad stuff

Saffy/isla, Gautam and SianMJ like this.