Bitch pregnant??

Discussion in 'Labrador Breeding & Genetics' started by tullimore1976, May 12, 2015.

1. tullimore1976

tullimore1976 Registered Users

Ok, went to the vet first thing (and got the one who i like), she checked Jet all over and took a wee sample of the discharge. She says she just thinks its the usual discharge after whelping. Apparently it comes from the points in the womb where the placenta of each pup was attached and because Jet had 9 pups then thats 9 points of her womb affected. Therefore there is more of this discharge as normal. She did agree it was darker than it normally is but she thought it was more dark brown than black and she agreed there was no foul smell. She gave Jet a good once over and said that shes sure all has been passed and that there is nothing left inside her. She also checked her teats and said they were all fine and producing milk. She took her temp and said it was slightly elevated so she gave me an antibiotic just incase there was something else annoying Jet but she was pleased that Jet seemed to be getting her appetite back and was drinking plenty. So all in all Jets fine. As for the pups she just had a quick look and said they were a good size, but as stated on here told me to keep an eye on their weights and if i notice one of the pups growing slower than the others then to make sure it gets fed more than the others in case it is getting pushed to the back of the queue!

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

That's good news , hoping Jet will soon be bouncing fit again and that the pups carry on doing so well :)

3. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

Glad the vet thinks nothing seriously wrong but taking precaution with her raised temp. Hope she gets back to normal soon

4. tullimore1976

The thing is that Jet is showing no signs of distress etc, she goes out to the loo and feeds outside the whelping box etc, so at least she gets a wee break from the pups. Just getting quite thin, so ive to feed her up as best i can. Shes flatout on puppy food at the moment, but she wont eat it hard i have to soften it for her.

5. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Glad the vet thinks it's nothing serious. You are obviously taking good care of her and looking after her needs.

6. BeataK

BeataK Registered Users

Good news :)

7. tullimore1976

Someone could probably close this thread shortly and i can open a new thread in the puppy section where i will show photos as well as share info on how the puppies are doing OR you can keep this thread open so i can give you an update on how Jet is keeping. Thanks everyone for your support, guidance, and patience as well as answering my MANY questions. I am so glad and fortunate that i stumbled across this forum. My major find in this forum was for me to get the "Book of the bitch" book, without that book i probably wouldnt have been able to save little flash and there could have been other problems. Thanks again and i will see you on the puppy thread.

8. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

We don't lock threads unless there is a reason like the discussion has become over heated or something like that. You can start whatever new threads you like. There isn't a limit . :)

Best, julieT

9. tullimore1976

Thats great then Julie, thanks for that. Usually other forums im on, lock the threads, but thats great, i can keep you all posted on how Jet is there and then commence details and photos of puppies on the other thread!