Bite bite bite

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Moka, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Moka

Moka Registered Users

I know questions about biting have been asked a million times, and I'm trying to follow all the advice on here, but it's not working for us. My pup is now 15 weeks and she is soooo bitey. She is basically never not biting. When she bites we try to turn around or walk away but she'll grab the back of our feet or calves. We've tried putting her in her kennel when she starts biting but she'd live in her kennel if we did it every time. (She can jump baby gates now) We only play with her with toys, but she drops the toy mid play and goes after our hands. She draws blood daily. We love her, we take her for walks and play with her all the time to wear her out. She has TONS of toys, bully sticks and cow hooves.... please help!

2. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Mollie was the same - fear not, it does stop! Mollie was over seven months old when it stopped, but it did.

When she drops the toy have another toy or chew ready, never be without something to put in her mouth. Smoked bones are great. I wore wellies in the house when she was at her worst. Do lots of training too. When Mollie was especially bitey going through her training routine helped a lot.

Some pups are much worse than others and, until you get a really bad one you’ve no idea! :eek:

Moka and selina27 like this.
  3. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

You're doing the right thing. Stick with it. It will end.

Moka likes this.
  4. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

Yes, it will end. I'd had quite a few puppies in my life, but Cassie is my first Lab and I was totally shocked by the biting. But it does end. I guess though slightly differently for all crocopups, some stop sooner than others. Follow the advice from @Boogie.

There are training things you can do teaching them to let you touch them using rewards, I found them on the mainsite and the Labrador Handbook. I don't know how to do links, @snowbunny , may be able to help.

Moka likes this.
  5. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users