Biting 5 months old

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Alyson Terry, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Alyson Terry

Alyson Terry Registered Users

Hi,

Luna is 6 months old on the 15th. She has started biting again but seems to have upped her game. She constantly bites and is relentless with it. She will jump also to bite faces.

I have tried to give her toys instead, tell her no but nothing works. It’s like she is possessed.

help!

2. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

3. Giancarlo t

Giancarlo t Registered Users

You are not the only one.

What helps for me is my wife and I leaving the room or putting him outside from the room for 5 minutes. He barks a bit but once we allow him to come back he usually go to sleep or lay on the floor.

4. Alyson Terry

Alyson Terry Registered Users

Glad I’m not alone!

When she does what we call a surprise attack, it’s so hard to get her collar. I have started putting a short lead on her as this instantly calms her down but even getting that on is taking a risk of losing a finger

If we are laying down she will just come over and bite our faces. It’s only us she does it to, with strangers she is all tail wagging and belly rubbing!

I can not wait for this stage to be over!

5. Giancarlo t

Giancarlo t Registered Users

Exactly what my puppy does. We sit on the floor or when he is on the sofa with us you can see his face changing from adorable puppy to a crocodile...

6. angelamgerst

angelamgerst Registered Users

My almost 5 month old little boy is the same. I try to turn my back to him and he just bits the back of my legs. He jumped up today and put a hole in the back of my sweater. I don’t know what to do! We give him toys, tell him no, go on lots of walks. He’s great when I’m training him but we are just sitting together he just starts biting, and hard!

7. Deboragh

Deboragh Registered Users

Know what you're going through. Our Hailey was a terrible biter as a puppy. Eventually it will end as they mature. My advice is to wait it out!