Biting On Clothes Getting Worse

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by FinnOfSoCal, Feb 16, 2017.

1. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Definitely!
    It's not a "toy" for unsupervised play for sure.
    But then, not convinced any toy is safe for unsupervised play until your puppy is older and more sensible and you can trust them not to destroy stuff generally.
    So that would be....?......2....3.....?.....12....? :D

2. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Mine are both really enjoying their Kong wobblers (there was a special offer on at my local pet shop, so I decided it was time to get one each!). I don't leave them with them once they've finished the contents, but Tuppence tries to carry hers around. I haven't fed a whole meal in the Kong as the kibble is a bit too large, but I've saved the smaller bits and used those for an extra challenge once they've finished the main part of their food. I've also used small treats inside, but they tend to come out too easily.

3. FinnOfSoCal

FinnOfSoCal Registered Users

Hah! Yeah despite his mouthiness Finn has been fairly gentle with his toys and he STILL hasn't really made too much headway on his bully sticks.

Tags though? Watch out. He is ADDICTED to tags on things.

4. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I find the buster cube better than the Kong wobbler. The food stays in longer and it's a bit less noisy.

It's harder to keep clean, that's why ours is drying on the radiator.

:)

IMG_3740.JPG

Attached Files:

5. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

Xena's a power chewer and her Wobbler is still going strong. It's a bit beaten up from the time she pushed it out of the back door and it went crashing on to the path, but it's nowhere near damaged. It's noisy as sin, though. She smashes it around the room which isn't ideal when OH is sleeping off a night shift.

6. deadandchocolatey

deadandchocolatey Registered Users

Stampy somehow always manages to get his wobbler pushed towards his playpen walls... I'm only just getting used to the rather alarming sound of plastic smashing against noisy wire! Why couldn't he gravitate towards the nice, quiet couch sides?

7. Johnny Walker

Johnny Walker Registered Users

There's a dog toy in that photo? Lol.

8. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

I don't know I can't see one either

snowbunny likes this.
  9. FinnOfSoCal

FinnOfSoCal Registered Users

Success! Finn figured out the wobbler in about 30 seconds and had a blast! His tail was wagging so hard. Took him about 10-15 minutes to finish 3/4 cup of kibble.

On the downside, my kitchen floor is going to get sooooo gross :eek:

drjs@5, Jenny B and Xena Dog Princess like this.
  10. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

:cwl::drink::drink:

11. Adele Weiss

Adele Weiss Registered Users

My Finn is also a chewer so I feel your pain (no pun intended). He has redecorated my house by chewing it apart. He used to chew on me but has become better with additional exercise and supervision. We found that the best response was to say his name loudly and then follow it by the word "DONE" (if he didn't stop) and place him in his crate for just a few minutes. Consistency was the key which was also hard when we weren't near his crate. Eventually he just responded to "DONE".