Brief Update on little Dawson

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Dave Bennett, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Registered Users

Hi there.It's been a quietish week or so but several things have happened.
    Firstly we have new phrases to add to English..they are Noise yawn and silent yawn which arise from the way he yawns (er obviously!!!)
    Secondly his command of English isn't as good as I would expect as Dawson confuses recycling bin with Toybox.
    Thirdly he has done the strangest poos ever!!! This morning I found several small 'corns on the cob' in the garden.Reason???? Me and Michael went fishing yesterday and my concentration lapsed slightly and someone or something decided to plough into a tin of sweetcorn!!!
    Fourthly I don't know if it's just me but our outhouse stinks in my view but my wife and children don't seem to notice.
    Any ideas please on a good aerosol to use to keep the odour at bay.
    As an overview he has settled in nicely in his first seven weeks and has made us laugh despair and every emotion possible.
    He has taken to other dogs and is always happy with children and adults alike.
    Next step is getting him to a class to have some fun but I am getting busier and busier so keep putting it off.

MF likes this.
  2. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Don't put off the class!!

Dawson sounds like a sweetheart.

3. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

This sounds like a very nice progression to me and very normal , especially snaffling the sweetcorn !

4. Dave Bennett

No we won't and will discuss this with some urgency in the next day or two.There are one to ones but blimey £60 an hour!!!

Karen likes this.
  5. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Well done Dawson you are doing well. Hope you manage to find a good class :) x

6. Dave Bennett

Thank you. I can't wait to start networking with my doggy friends as I desperately need their advice on how to get the fridge door open when everyone is asleep!!!

Joy and MF like this.
  7. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

:eek: Can you find decent group puppy classes? Much better value...:)

8. Snowy

Snowy Registered Users

What sort of outhouse? A toilet?

9. Dave Bennett

It's more of an indoor walkway to the outhouse which little man uses at night for his toilet needs!!!

10. Dave Bennett

We are looking as group sessions will be such a good night out and we'll probably meet some new friends

11. Snowy

Snowy Registered Users

OK. I thought you may be using a composting toilet, and I was about to start handing out some advice* on how to run them "odour free" :)

* The trick is to make sure most of the liquid waste is separated from the solid waste, and to add some "drying material", such as woods chips, dry leaves, dry compost, etc., each time you use it. Correctly composting poop doesn't smell, and after a year or two (or longer if you have really cold winters), the result is a dry powdery compost.