Bruno’s Log Stardate January 2019

Discussion in 'Your Training Logs' started by Claire Rodkiss, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Claire Rodkiss

Claire Rodkiss Registered Users

We got Bruno at 9weeks and started trying to teach his name. After a week he knew it so that was our first success. Puppy school was interesting. The first session he was not sure at all, tail between legs and using me to hide behind. However, after a couple of minutes the tail came up and he was eager to meet the rest. We graduated with some really good learning of sit, down and come which I’d been working on at home. He did leave a big poop on his graduation day unfortunately. Simply too excited to stop and let me know, he even continued playing whilst pooping. If it wasn’t so embarrassing for me I would have laughed!

Anthony Abrao likes this.
  2. Anthony Abrao

Anthony Abrao Registered Users

I have yet to partake in any training classes with Captain because of my schedule and the hesitation of my wife to do it without me being able to guarantee i would be at every training with her. I secretly envy those who have been able to attend. As for the graduation day excitement, i think it's hilarious! I imagine the other spectators having smiles, smirks, and laughing, too. There are some funny videos you can watch about dogs in competitions that stop whatever theyre doing- or not- to handle "business".
    Keep coming back and letting us know how things are going with Bruno

3. Claire Rodkiss

Thanks Anthony, I did the training classes alone or with my youngest son and just passed on the information to my hubby. Bruno is now 6 months old and beginning to look like a little lab rather than a puppy. His recall is still working and we have him off lead for walks in the park now. His manners are improving too with less jumping up to greet people and even ignoring things he used to run towards. Unfortunately, the cats still don’t like him. Maybe in a year or too they might tolerate him!

4. Silvia Moreno

Silvia Moreno Registered Users

I’m laughing your story so funny, our 12 week old puppy will be attending school soon however she is so energetic that I took it upon myself to do a lot of the training and well the treats make it all so easy, she has learned to sit, stay, roll over, bow, retrieves and pretty much comes when called. It has been so much work but unlike my previous lab this one has lots of energy to burn and if not mentally motivated trouble happens. All the best in this wonderful journey with your dog it is so rewarding when they finally what you teach them.

Claire Rodkiss likes this.
  5. Claire Rodkiss

We’ve signed up for some more training classes as Bruno is still unable to focus if another dog comes into view. We’ve also been dealing with a front left leg limp. The x-rays weren’t exactly conclusive with the prognosis being possible elbow dysplasia or panosteitis. We’ve been resting him for weeks now and been told he can have a walk but he goes nuts because he’s not used to it and we seem to have gone backwards in training where he pulls on the leash. Hopefully with this new training outside and with other dogs, he will begin to focus on me and not everything else!