Bud's House ( An Ongoing Diary )

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by KeeperTony44, Jun 28, 2015.

1. KeeperTony44

KeeperTony44 Registered Users

Hello everyone. Welcome to my new house where all of my friends are invited to drop in any time for a share of some food, a refreshing drink, a run and a play, and above all some wonderful conversation which only us dogs of all ages and sizes can understand. Dad has advised me to move to this new "home" as our previous meeting place was becoming rather full with all of our talking and photos, making it difficult to strike up a chat easily.

Let me apologise to all of you who have been wondering where i have been, and who have been waiting patiently for me to share a few words. As we all know, we have to rely on our parents to help us with a little of our talking, and unfortunately dad has been away again, and then unable to put his full concentration into the written word.

A brief update from here though in that i am fine, and bouncy and continuing to watch the garden for our visiting squirrel. We had a new guest the other day, but dad has said it is not as welcome as the wildlife. And i did not take kindly to it strolling along the fence like it had every right to be there. Apparently CATS are pets just like us, but they have more freedom to roam wherever they like, including the gardens where they do not live. How very disrespectful. I barked and growled and tried to reach it but the fence was too high, and this black cat was too quick.

Bella - i have tried one of these popsicle things you mentioned. Mine was a strange kind of colour but tasted scrummy. Dad says it was a Pear Drop flavour. I only had a small piece but it was very refreshing and i hope i try some more soon. I love chewing on the occasional ice cubes too. I lick, and lick, and lick until i can break them and then crunch them.

Wispa and Tuppy - i hope you are still enjoying your newest rockets, and that they are still in reasonable condition. I have a tendency to destroy many of my toys almost immediately. I just love to chew and chew until before i know it my toy is in pieces, or looking a little empty. Only my favourite toys, my ropes , last a little while.

I have to go now and lay at dad's feet and let him know i am here if he needs me. He needs to be taken for a walk soon but i will try not to pull too much as this is not good for him (PONGO - did you see what i done then? I turned it around so that i became the master. :) )

To all of my friends, and your mum's and dad's, keep safe and strong, and play, play. play.

Your friend Bud. x

2. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Hey Bud! I like your new house. Well of course you are the master. I hope your dad and mum understand that by now. But we have to pretend to let them make decisions sometimes, don't we, or they get very upset.

For example.... a couple of times recently I've gone on explorations of my own without taking them with me. The first time I was with them in the garden and then I smelled an ABSOLUTELYDELICIOUS smell and the next thing I knew I was far, far away from home. I think I heard some people calling my name in the distance but I could figure out the direction. Anyway, I found my way back home after a loooooooooooooooong time and mum and dad weren't there any more and then they came back in their car and for some reason they were not happy at all..... they said something about having been-driving-around-and-walking-through-the-woods-for-two-hours-looking-for-you-and-calling-your-name-and-bad-dog-and-why-are-you-so-filthy-where-have-you-been. And then dad said something about do-that-again-and-you-are-for-the-snip-my-son and I don't know what that meant but he was quite angry. Really I don't get it, after all I don't make a fuss when they go off on their own without me, sometimes for AGES, so why shouldn't I go for a little wander sometimes?

Anyway, apart from that all is good. I think something is happening tomorrow..... mum and dad are putting lots of things into bags, and they are saying things about holidays and how my hoomansister Kate is coming to look after the house and me. I like Kate, she does YOH-GAR which is a game where she goes into funny positions on the floor and I pounce on her when she isn't looking and she makes noises. And after a few days with Kate I think I am going to my doggyholls place which is good too because there are two big big big dogs like me and we play a lot.

Speak soon, Bud!

Your pal Pongo

3. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Hi Bud, great to hear from you . I'm glad your dad is back home and I hope you are looking after him. I am very very tired today as yesterday I had the best day ever.......I got to spend hours and hours with Benson and Casper (and their humans of course). We went swimming which is my favourite thing ever - well, except playing with balls. I met some horses and was really good with them . Benson kept bringing me balls, sticks and other things - I think he makes a good boyfriend . I have so much fun chasing and playing bites face with Benson. I played lots with Benson. Casper let me have this space on the sofa so I could snuggle up to Kate and have a snooze - I think that was really kind of him .
    Today I didn't wake up until 10.30am. I am still really tired and think we will have a relaxing day today
    Anyway, I'm off for another snooze, dad has just got up from the sofa so I'm going to pinch his space as it's comfy
    Speak soon Bud,
    Your pal, Harley x

4. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Hello Harley..... I'm really happy that you are having fun with Benson but please remember I love you very much too! And you have the most beautiful, swishy, nippable tail in the world.

Pongo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

5. KeeperTony44

Hi Pongo,

Great to hear from you. As brave as i believe i am, i think you are a much braver dog than i because i could never go for a long, long walk on my own, even though it sounds like great fun to explore by oneself. I like to be able to see dad, and mum, whenever i look up from sniffing the ground, or chasing blowing leaves, or any of the things that take my attention when off the lead. But if dad disappears from sight, or mum depending on who is with me, then i panic and immediately start looking for them. And if i turn around and find they are too far away but i can still see them, i rush back really fast, nearly knock them over, and then carry on with my own exploring. Did you find out what the delicious smell was that caused you to go wandering?

It sounds like some fun times ahead for you. But why can't you go with your mum and dad on their holiday? When i hear my parents talk about breaks away they are always discussing places to go where i can be with them. It seems like you will be quite happy though with Kate, and then your own doggy holiday. AWESOME! (a new word i have discovered.)

I must ask, are you a teeny weeny bit jealous because Harley plays a lot with Benson? I will have to ask Harley what a 'boyfriend ' is because it sounds like it means something more than a friend. I would ask dad but he is looking quite tired, and i could certainly do with a little snooze soon as well.

Always fantastic to catch up with you mate. Keep on being true to you. I am sure you mum and dad love you just the way you are.

Keep well Pongo.

Your mate Bud.

6. KeeperTony44

Hello Harley,

So, like i was mentioning to Pongo, what exactly is a 'boyfriend?' (Dad is chuckling a little now and shaking his head.)

Benson and Casper appear to have a lot of respect for you. Bringing you little gifts and allowing you space on the sofa - i wonder if that is anything like dad bringing mum a cup of tea when she gets home from work, or stretching his legs on this footstool thingy so that mum can stretch out on the sofa?

Balls are great fun, but i chew them very quickly indeed. Still not sure about this swimming that many of you really enjoy. I even run away from the spray of the garden hose, yet i let mum bath me when i am in apparent need of a good wash. I asked dad what a horse is, and he showed me photos from many years ago when he used to work with rescued horses (i wonder why they needed rescuing!!) They look really big, but great fun to run around with i am sure. Dad looked quite different back then too - made me pull one of my tongue-out-the-mouth-grins!

10.30 in the morning is really, really late Harley. I thought us dogs needed to go out earlier than this to do what us dogs have to do. Maybe i should try having a longer sleep. I am sure dad would appreciate this. And talking of sleep, time for that snooze i mentioned to Pongo.

Stay safe Harley. Say hi to Casper and Benson for me. I think we have spoken once or twice since i introduced myself on here.

Your friend Bud.x

7. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Well I had ALL DAY WITH HARLEY...and sorry Pongo..but she didn't mention you once...maybe something to so with my suave chocolate charm and good looks mate! Seriously though, when I used to take myself for a walk...honestly thought I was saving my yoomans a job, would get back and boy was I in trouble.....they mentioned the snip too...not sure I like the sound of that though..Benson..

Oh the wise one here...Casper..if your yooman is a bit under the weather, it is our job to look after them, sometimes they do too much, so when you can sit beside them, lean on their legs, or sit on their feet. Be a good boy too.

8. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

HELLOOOOOOO BUD!!!

Sorry, Mum is telling me I have to not shout and try to be calm! I keep trying to tell her that calm is BOOOOOORING and it's so much fun to be loud and bouncy and show everyone how exciting it is to be alive!

I haven't talked to you in aaaaaaaaaaaaages! But don't you worry, I haven't forgotten you at all! Mum has just been catching up with everyone's stories and letting me know what's been going on with everyone.

Well, what had happened here?

We went on hollydays!!! It seems like a long time ago now, but Mum and Dad (I'm too grown up now to call them Mummy and Daddy, at least in company) got loads of stuff in bags and put it all in the car, then us two and we set off. I thought we were going for a walk, but we went past all the places we normally stopped, and it was getting dark. I was very confused, but I settled down for a snooze in the car. Well, Bud, we were in the car all night long!! Mum had made it really cosy with pieces of vet bed and a hooman pillow, but it did seem strange that we weren't in our normal beds (the sofas) like normal.

We stopped a few times and got out to "stretch our legs", which seems like a strange thing to do. I already have long legs and I don't know why they should need stretching any more, do you? Still, I had a little run around with Shadow and that seemed to satisfy them for a while.

After hours and hours and hours, we went on a train! At least, that's what Mum called it. I had never seen one before. Mum said it was different to most trains, because normally you don't put your whole car in it. I quite liked that we could, though, because it meant I could keep snoozing.

When we got off the train at the other end, Mum said we were in ENGURLAND which is in the YOOKAY. We drove for a little bit longer and eventually got to this big big big field where we could have a proper run around. Well, Bud, this place was amazing. It was FLAT for MILES! I've never seen so much flat ground before in my whole life and so I had to zoomie around and around and around and around and around and around and around. Shadow tried to catch me, but there was no chance! The other thing I noticed was how thick the air felt. It was amazing and made it easy to zoomie for much longer than normal before I got tired.

THEN, Bud, an amazing thing happened! Auntie Rachel arrived! Who would have thought that after hours and hours and hours and hours of driving, Auntie Rachel would be at the same field as the one we were on?! What are the chances? I was so pleased to see her, so I ran straight up and gave her my biggest smile, where I wrinkle my nose and show her all my teeth. She laughed lots at that, so I jumped up high and nibbled her nose.

Auntie Rachel had someone with her. He was called Bo and was something called a Cocker Spanyell. He did yell, a lot. So a very good name for him. He had a tennis ball, so we got to play with that, too - normally we're only allowed tennis balls when we've done something to work for them, so it was very exciting to just be able to chase it without doing anything!

Well, we were in the YOOKAY for two weeks, and we got to drive all over and see all sorts of things. It would take far too long to tell you all the details here now, Bud, but I'll tell you one of the amazing things that happened.

We were in the same field as when we arrived, but on a different day. There is a big RIVAH that runs along one side of the fields. Mum says it's called the TEMS. On the first time we went, we found a little beach that makes it easy to have a paddle, but we weren't going to go in deeper than our ankles, no way. But this time, we looked over the edge in another place and saw that there was a big platform made of wood we could jump onto. So we did. But, you'll never guess what, Bud! The wood wasn't a platform at all! It was just floating in the water and it moved away when we landed, so we went SPLOOSH into the TEMS and had to learn to swim really really quickly! It's OK, though, we did learn and we managed to swim to the edge and climb out again. So, now we are swimmers!

Now we are back at home, and the snow has gone. It has left loads and loads of lovely lakes and streams for us to swim in. We LOVE swimming now, although it does still take us a few moments to get brave enough to go all the way in. It's just so much fun when your feet don't touch the bottom anymore. Mum says we're real water babies :)

Now, Mum says that she has a message to pass on to you. She says that she was wondering if you were having problems with the old place for messages because they were all showing on one page which was making it slooooooow? There's a special thing you need to do to make it better. If you look at the top of the screen and click where it says your name (no, not your name, Bud, your Dad's!), then click on User Settings. When that loads, there is a section called Accounts and, a bit of a way down that page, there is a setting called "Posts Per Page". If you set that to 10 or 20, the whole forum will work much much better.

Anyway, enough with the boring stuff.

I hope everyone is doing great. Sorry we've been away for a while. Shadow says to say hi to everyone and he'll send a message soon :)

Big licks,

Your friend, Willow xx

9. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Hi Bud,

Its nice to hear from you again. You're right that we have to lie at our people's feet in case they need something. Sometimes my dad needs someone to help him finish a biscuit. Other times he might want to sit on the floor for a snuggle. We have to be there for when we're needed.

That Pongo is a loon! Last weekend Pongo, Harley and I went for a walk together and we finished up in a pond. Every time someone threw a ball into the pond Harley and Pongo would swim after it. Harley is really fast in the water so Pongo would try to slow her down by grabbing her tail. Sometimes I would sneak in and grab the ball while they played. Afterwards Harley and I helped our people with their BACONSANDWICHES which was great!

My people keep saying things like "HOLLYDAY", "LAKEDISTRICT", "ALLDAYWALKS" and "DOGFRIENDLYPUB". These all sound like really exciting words. I'll let you know what happens.

Take care, from your pal

Holly

10. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Hi Benson - good to hear from you, mate! Sorry you couldn't join us when we took our hoomans walking last weekend... but it did mean that I had Harley all to myself !!!!! Don't worry, though - I know that she really loves you specially. I don't mind as long as she plays with me a little bit sometimes.

I'm glad to hear you've done that running-off-and-exploring thing too. I really don't understand what our hoomans' problem is with it. I must say, the time I did it I just felt that I HAD to..... there was this fantastic smell, it made me think 'girlfriend' although I don't really know what that means....and then I don't remember anything else until I sort of woke up to myself again and found I was miles away in woods. Is that the same sort of thing that happens to you? Do you know what it's all about?

Pongo

11. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hello everyone,

Good to hear from you all again. What a lot of exciting things have been happening! :)

I had a bit of a scary moment when mum let us out into the garden a couple of evenings ago. I bounced out of the door in my usual fashion, but there on the ground right by me was something greenish, about the size of a tennis ball. It was nearly dark, so I couldn't see it properly, but it didn't SMELL like a tennis ball, in fact it didn't smell good at all. I edged a bit nearer and put my nose just a little bit closer and ... BOING! :eek: It jumped a HUGE jump and landed further away! I was so shocked I backed away and then ran to find Wispa. I could hear mum laughing and saying. "Don't be silly, Tuppy, it's only a frog!" I'm not sure I want to meet that frog again. It was too scary. :(

How do you make your rope toys last, Bud? I don't seem to be having much luck with any of my toys. I love chewing rope toys A LOT, although I'm supposed to play tug-of-war with Wispa, but somehow I seem to win and then have to see how long it will take me to pull some of the rope bits out - and that's not long, just a few seconds - so mum has to take the rope away if I won't play 'properly' :(.

Right, it's time for my evening nap and cuddle now. Hope you've all been having more fun

Tuppy

12. KeeperTony44

WILLOW...........good morning my ever so slightly younger friend. Really lovely to hear from you. Sounds like you have had some amazing adventures since you and i last spoke.

I have not even seen a normal train,(though i have heard the noise they make) let alone a train that takes cars for a ride. Wow, that must have been such a thrilling experience all by itself.

So, you came and visited my country, and had a wonderful, yet unexpected, dip in the Thames! Dad tells me that he knows of this river very well as he spent a few years of his earlier life in a place called LONDON. You and Shadow must feel so very proud of yourselves for now having learnt to swim. I have yet to find a comfortable entrance to the water i pass on my walks - there is no gradual walkway where i can introduce my paws before immersing more of my body. I am still undecided on whether i will actually get the same pleasure as you and my other friends, but i am determined to at least make the effort when the opportunity arises.

Apparently, as flat as you say the UK is, dad assures me that there are many hilly parts. In the seaside town where he was born,(i think this means there was a beach with lots of stones, sand and miles and miles of SEA ) there are huge cliffs which if you look up at them from the bottom you can get a little dizzy, and to reach the top you either ride on a kind of lift that takes you up the side of the cliff, or you walk up these many, many, many steps. Dad thinks that would test even my fitness but i am pretty certain he would be the one reaching the top out of breath whilst i would be ready to run, run, run over the grass that is at the top.

My journeys out have been getting longer, with new sights and smells to excite me. Dad doesn't run with me now but he never really had to anyway because i don't like to stray too far from him, or mum, when we are out. I have lots of fun chasing balls, and something called a frisbee, and then taking them back so they can be thrown again (once i release my grip, which can sometimes take a while.) And i love to just stroll around with my nose and tongue to the ground.Yet if i look back and see my parents are too far away then i charge back to them, nearly knocking them over. I am becoming so powerful now that i have to be careful if jumping up or running very fast.

We have just been experiencing what humans call a mini heatwave. I think it means when the temperature is very warm for a few days in a row. I have to admit Willow, the hot sun makes me very restless and lethargic, and as this is my first Summer i am only just learning to adjust. I love laying in the sun on the grass or my outside bed, and i still have bursts of energy where i go crazy for a few minutes before taking a well deserved drink and then flopping down for a rest. Do you like the very warm days and evenings? It must be very refreshing to have access to all of those new streams now the snow has disappeared.

We went to the vet place on Tuesday morning, but i didn't see Mr Simon. Mum went in to pick up my flea and worming treatment and then dad helped her get me settled onto these weighing scales as they wanted to know how heavy i am. It's not just food that makes me so "chunky" (a new nickname i have which makes me go crazy loopy when i hear it, rushing around in circles and nearly falling over.) Apparently i am becoming more muscular and this makes me stronger apparently. Is it the same with you? Anyway, i am 29kg and everyone is really pleased with this.

​Guess what Willow. Near the end of this month it will be my official first BIRTHDAY!! Not sure what happens on this day but i remember Pongo having a fantastic day that involved extra food, so i look forward to something similar. :)

Right my young friend, i am going to try and get dad to play with me outside for a while. We have more gentle play time nowadays but i still burn lots of energy. Then i will have a snooze and try and come back later as i want to chat with other friends who have sent me lovely messages.

By the way, dad says thank you to your mum for helping with the problem with our old meeting place. I like this new 'house' of mine so i am going to make it my second home for all of my friends to come and visit.

Huge warm licks Willow. Stay safe and we will talk more when we can. (Give Shadow a friendly lick from me also.)

Your friend Bud. x

13. KeeperTony44

Hello Holly,

Everyone seems to be going away on holidays soon it seams. I remember you mention this Lake District before, and from the pictures i have seen it looks like you would have lots and lots of space for running and playing, and plenty of water for swimming.

My dad gets on the floor to share cuddles with me like your dad, but i sneak a cuddle with mum on the sofa when i can, even though i don't lay on the sofa like i did when i was younger. This might be changing though soon because there had previously been talk of me having my very own dog sofa. Dad is now talking about getting himself a special chair, which will free up his half of the sofa -plenty of room for me to stretch out and have a snooze. I will keep you informed on whether i will actually reclaim my space on the sofa.

You are really lucky that you get to go out and play with Pongo and Harley. I love hearing of all the fun you all have. It makes me really happy to hear you all having so much fun. And it sounds like Pongo really is one crazy yet lovable dog. At my fastest i think i could give Pongo quite a race, but i am not sure about my stamina. Harley i think would simply outrun so many of us. Are you fast Holly?

These bacon sandwiches you mention sound rather appealing. I have had some ham today which was a welcome treat. Dad held it up and i offered my paw as always, and then my tongue whipped out and the ham was gone. Inside my tummy as quick as the flashes of lightning we had last night. I heard other dogs barking in the distance but i could not understand why they were reacting as they were. Did you have one of these thunderstorms?

Oh well, best go and lay at dads feet for a while until my afternoon meal. I am sure he likes the comfort i provide as he smiles when i look up at him.

Keep well Holly.

Your friend Bud.

14. KeeperTony44

Tuppy - hi there.

You made me laugh talking about your encounter with a bouncy frog. I would have been stallking it like a puppy waiting to pounce on a toy, and whenever it jumped i would have tried to catch it so we could play. I haven't seen a frog before but you know me, if it moves then surely it can be a playmate. :) What would Wispa have done if she had been outside?

You asked me how i make my rope toys last so long. To be honest, they only last longer than all other toys because they are not easy to tear apart. Mine come with added shapes or a ball or something else added to supposedly make them more fun, but these last a matter of minutes before they are littering the floor in pieces. I then chew and chew and chew on the knotted bits of the rope, and when this bores me i start tearing at the ends until there are lots of individual strands. I don't know about you but one rope toy will last me 2 or 3 days at the longest, but because i have a tendency to sometimes eat a few of the loose strands, an old soggy one can suddenly vanish, and a new one appear. These are great fun for tug aren't they? I used to have lots of fun battles with dad, that i never actually won, but now he plays differently and i am fetching and running around with the rope if i am not playing on my own. Mum plays tug with me at times, but it is a little easier to win.

I can hear rain outside so i think i will enjoy my afternoon meal and then snuggle down for a sleep whilst dad gets on with housey things.

Take good care Tuppy. Stay safe.

Bud

15. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hello Bud,

Good to hear from you! Do you like going out in the rain? I do, I don't mind at all if I get wet!

Well, guess what! Wispa and I have been 'in the dog house' again. I don't know why that should be bad, but it seems that it is. (Funny, when being at 'Bud's House' - a dog house - isn't bad at all :D)

Mum had to go out just for a short while, so she didn't put us in our crates because she knows she can trust us... BUT she had opened the windows and left the upstairs doors open because it was so hot and stuffy. So... Wispa and I just had to check that everything was ok. There's been a lot of bustle going on in the rooms where 'the grandchildren' sleep, so we hope that means they're coming to play soon. Mum had left two little cardboard packets on the bedside tables. Perhaps she'd forgotten to put them in the recycle bin... anyway, we thought we'd help, at least, Wispa did. She carefully carried one downstairs to the back door mat and shredded it ready for the bit. A small glass thing was in it, but it didn't smell of anything nice, so we just left that on the mat. (I heard mum say 'light bulb' and 'oh dear, that was lucky' ...)

Needless to say, when she arrived home she wasn't very happy, but I think she was quite relieved that only the cardboard had been chewed. I did hear her say, "I shouldn't have trusted them," though. :(

I think we're out of 'the dog house' now - and I think our suspicions about grandchildren coming might be right too. I must go and practise my 'wake up, it's morning!' jump on the beds!

Tuppy

16. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hello Bud! Wispa here ...

What's that story Tuppy has been telling you? Blaming me again... me, the older, wiser, responsible dog. Would I do such a thing! The trouble is, I'm not very good at looking innocent, so mum doesn't know who to believe. It's a big responsibility trying to look after Tuppy and make sure she doesn't do anything stupid.

I'll keep trying, though. Yesterday I heard mum's friend say how much calmer I was and how I had grown into a lovely dog - and she should know because although we don't see her often she has known me since I was little and has a lab who looks like Tuppy and a guide dog puppy too.

Did you have any of the big storms, Bud? I heard big rumbles and bangs in the night and it seems as if lights were flashing outside too, but I was so tired that I just shut my eyes again and went back to my dreamy sleep.

Have fun, Bud, and take care of your mum and dad.

Wispa

PS Tuppy can now carry FOUR rocket toys - I'm not at all impressed because they're not all hers! :(

17. KeeperTony44

Hi Tuppy,

I love walking out in the rain, running through wet grass when the rain is splashing on my coat, and splashing through puddles. I don't seem to have a problem with getting wet in this way. I tend to enjoy a warm bath when mum gives me a good clean (she apparently doesn't seem to think me licking myself is doing a good enough job.) Yet a gentle spray from a hosepipe makes me run around crazily to escape the water, and the thought of entering lakes and streams for a good swim is still only a thought in my mind that i am in no hurry to practice. I must be one very odd pup. However, i am me and that makes me special, just like we all are in our own ways.

I have heard this term 'dog house' a few times, and it is meant to mean that we are in trouble. But like you say Tuppy, when you are in my house there is no getting into trouble because we all understand each other. By the sounds of things it seems your efforts to help might have been a little risky if the cardboard had something hard living inside it. You and Wispa certainly enjoy taking a few chances in your attempts to explore and assist, and i say both of you my friend because i do feel that maybe you have that little naughty streak that you just cannot put to one side.

I know of these lightbulbs you mention as dad once cut his hand when one crumbled when he was placing it in the light. You were both very fortunate because if your teeth had made it shatter then it would have been quite unpleasant. Please try and be careful ok. But don't stop having fun.

So the little people may be coming to stay again, Fantastic. Get the tongue nice and wet for those morning licks, and make sure your paws are clean and dry before leaping on the beds. I am sure then your mum will be more accepting of your morning excitement.

By the way, i hear you can now carry four rocket toys. Do you need to carry all of them, and could you not let Wispa carry hers. I do think it is quite an achievement as i have trouble carrying my rope toy and a frisbee or ball, but maybe Wispa will be more impressed if you carried four toys of your own. Worth a try anyway.

Keep well Tuppy and enjoy more fun times ahead.

Bud

18. KeeperTony44

Hello Wispa,

It really does sound like looking after Tuppy and attempting to keep her on the right track has its moments where you must just feel like laying down, and sighing in defeat. But she is adorable is she not most of the time, and entertaining, and loyal, and playful.And above all she is company for you.All these things must surely make those moments of shaking your head from side to side easier to contend with. Your calmer manner is not going unnoticed so keep doing what you do well. Be proud of yourself.

Yes, we did have a couple of days where there were lots of loud bangs in the sky, which rumbled over our house and almost shook the walls. There were many times that the sky lit up with bright light, and amongst all this there was heavy rain. I don't get too bothered by these storms as i am safe inside when they happen. And like you Wispa, if i am tired then i will close my eyes and ignore most things happening around me.

Dad's special chair is arriving soon, and i have been getting a little more time on the sofa in preparation for when i take over dad's place. It is going to be so wonderful to stretch out with mum and have long naps and cuddles.

Well, talking of sleep, i am due a lie down as i have been running around a lot in the sunshine today chasing my frisbee, and balls, and generally keeping myself active. I will look after my parents as best i can. You do the same my friend. And give a little nuzzle to Tuppy when you next pass her.

Stay safe.

Bud

19. KeeperTony44

Hello everyone,

Very tired this morning after yet another really long walk, run, play and exploration of parkland i had not visited before. I think dad is gradually introducing me to new sights and smells every few days, and this keeps us out longer which is amazing. Dad brings treats and water, and sometimes mum is with us too and on these days we are out longer still.

Guess what friends. I have finally reclaimed my canine rights to the sofa! However, it is smaller than it used to be, and i noticed what appears to be part of the sofa also in our kitchen/dining area which has confused me a little. I am not complaining though because it is so nice to climb up onto what i lay claim to as MY SOFA, curl up or stretch out, and enjoy a relaxed snooze with no sudden requests to get down. I sometimes let mum or dad use it when i am busy playing or prefer the floor, or my upstairs bed, but much of the time it is available for me to use whenever i choose.

In contrast, i am NOT allowed on mum and dad's special chairs. I don't like how these smell anyway, and they seem to grow at times, and then shrink again randomly. I don't think i would like my sofa to move when i am taking a nap.

Hope you are all enjoying some wonderful sunshine.

Right, i am going to curl up and have a well deserved nap. And then hunt down my favourite rope toy which i know dad has hidden. He forgets how strong my sense of smell is so it won't remain hidden for long.

Keep well friends. Have lots of fun.

Your friend Bud. x

20. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

Hi Bud, that sounds like an exciting walk you had today. Well done on getting your sofa back! I am only allowed on one sofa too, but I do sometimes get on dad's chair if he is on it. So I suppose I am really on dad rather than his chair. He says things like youaretoobigforthis, which I think means he likes it.

I have been away on HOLLYDAY with my hoomans. It was awesome! First we went in the car to sky. I thought that meant we were going up in the air, but actually we went over a bridge to a place with huge mountains and cliffs and moors and seashore. We went on some ALLDAYWALKS - so long that I was actually tired some days by the time we got back to the place we stayed in. It was a nice place, like a mini house in the garden of a bigger house. A black lab called Brodie lived in the big house and we were friends. Her hoomans put nice treats in the mini house for me.
    Then we drove the car into a funny big car park and my hoomans left me there for a couple of hours with a yummy Kong. The car park seemed to move up and down in a funny way but I didn't mind. When we drove out of the car park we were on another ILAND.
    Then we went to stay in another house with hoomans that we know which was nice. It always increases the chances of treats when there are more hoomans. But the best thing was that it was only 5 minutes walk to the beach and it was the biggest beach I have ever seen. We went there every day at least once, and often went to other beaches too. We could walk for an hour an still not reach the end of them. I swam and swam and swam. I hoped we were going to stay there for ever, but we went on the magic car park again and ended back where we left from. I did get to spend a night in Brodie's house though, which was nice.
    And then we came home.

I wonder if Holly has been on a HOLLYDAY yet?

Mira x