Bud's Story (an ongoing diary)

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by KeeperTony44, Oct 23, 2014.

1. KeeperTony44

KeeperTony44 Registered Users

Re: Bud's Story (an ongoing diary)

Since daddy made the sofa more Bud friendly, i now have more access, and as you can see i am extremely relaxed.
    [​IMG]

2. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

[quote author=KeeperTony44 link=topic=8427.msg125968#msg125968 date=1416687556]
    Really sad to hear my friend Pongo is not feeling his best at the moment. I am thinking of you mate.

[/quote]

Hi Bud

Sorry I've not been speaking for a while, but I've been in a bad way. Thanks for thinking of me.... mummy has told me that lots of my friends have sent me nice messages and they do make me feel better. I'm feeling a bit brighter today, but oh my goodness Bud, the last few days have been awful! I don't even know how to begin to describe it to you. I've had a bit of a sort spot on my cheek for quite a while now, and I've been licking it and pawing at it to make it better (you'll understand, I know) but it wasn't really working, it just got sorer. Then a couple of nights ago mummy took me to the vet.

Now normally I like the vet because he gives me treats. But this time, Bud, this time.... Can you believe it, he took me away from mummy, then he used a buzzy thing to take all the hair off the side of my face, then he stuck a great big sharp thing in me, and then.... and this is the awful bit.... he put a HORRID HORRID HORRID thing round my neck so I can't lick any part of me, and I can't touch my poor sore face. I really hate it, Bud. I can't sleep properly in it - it just gets in the way - so I've been trying to sleep sitting up but then I just fall over. I can't get my nose to the ground to smell anything, and I can't run round the garden because it keeps getting caught in trees. I can't even walk round the house without it bumping into things. Why are they doing this to me?

And it gets worse. Because mummy and daddy have started ATTACKING me. Most of the day they are lovely and kind as usual, but twice a day they ATTACK. Daddy holds me down and mummy fiddles around with my sore face and puts water on it and then dries it and then she smears some creamy stuff on it and it HURTS! And I fight to get away but Daddy is too strong and I'm afraid I even snarled at him and showed my teeth yesterday because I was so upset. But he didn't let go and mummy kept on smearing that stuff on my poor sore face.

I don't understand any of this. I sometimes wonder if I have been a Bad Dog without realising, and this is my punishment. But I don't think that can be correct, because mummy and daddy are so nice to me the rest of the time (when they are not ATTACKING me), and also I think that they are very upset when they are doing all the nasty things to me and mummy even sounds like she might be about to cry.

Today has been a bit better. They took the HORRID thing off me for a few hours (although I noticed that they were watching me very carefully all the time, and they didn't let me do anything to my sore face). So I got some proper lovely sleep, and we even went for a little walk down my track. But the HORRID thing is back on again now.

The only good thing is that my face is not as sore as it was. I don't know if that's a coincidence or not. I don't really want to paw at it any more, and it doesn't smell so funny either. And I'm feeling a bit brighter, too.... I've been rather down and listless, and I suspect it might be something that mummy is doing to my food (she got a little bottle of something from the vet and it always seems to be there when my dinner is being made). But I'm feeling better overall.

I'm sorry to go on and on about such horrid things! But it makes me feel better to share with my friends. I really hope I can get rid of this HORRID THING soon.... and I really, really, really hope that mummy and daddy get tired of attacking me every day. I don't understand what any of it is about...

Anyway, I hope you (and all our chums on this message thread) are having a good time. I've heard that Benson wasn't feeling too well, but glad that he's improving. Stay happy and healthy everyone!

Pongo

3. KeeperTony44

Hi Pongo,

No need to apologise mate. You have had a tough time of it just recently and it is completely understandable that you have remained a little silent. I am really pleased that you are feeling brighter today. I am sure the walk itself was enough to raise a smile of content on your face.

I cannot imagine what it feels like to endure so much of a restriction of movement. You have so much freedom normally that these past days would have obviously made you think you had done something wrong. Deep down though you know your parents love you so very much and would never cause you any kind of discomfort unless is were to benefit you. As you are now realising, there is some improvement in your pain and this is because of the care your parents have shown you.

It must have been so very hard for your parents to "attack" you as they did, and in my own puppy way i feel sad for them, and i send over lots of little puppy licks for your mummy.

Be brave Pongo, and always believe that the very best is being offered to you to make you feel better as quickly as possible. I am glad you wanted to share as i take after my mummy and daddy as being a good listener. And maybe sometimes i will be able to give good advice also. That's what friends do.

Talking of friends.....BENSON!!! (my loudest call). Hope you are feeling better soon also. I don't know yet what has been wrong but it sounds like you are improving.

Right, Pongo, look after yourself matey. Keep safe and get back on your feet fully as soon as you can.

Nite nite.

Bud

4. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Hello mate

Just a quick note to say thanks for your nice message. I'm feeling sooooooooo much better today. I still have the Horrid Thing around my neck, but my face doesn't really hurt any more so I can lie down in it more easily and I've had some lovely long sleeps and dreams. And I went for a nice walk all the way down the track with it on - not the whole of my normal circuit, but nearly half an hour and that was good. I even did my Mad Mad Mad Dashing Dog routine out over the fields which felt a bit odd with the Horrid Thing flapping about but oh my goodness it felt so good to RUN!!!

I got really muddy too :)

I thought a lot about what you said about mummy attacking me.... that maybe it is for my own good. So today I tried really hard to lie still while she put the creamy stuff on my face - even though daddy is not here today so he wasn't there to hold me down. I couldn't bear to lie still for long so I don't think she got much on it, but I really really tried to be good. And maybe that is why my face feels better.... I think you might be right, Bud. I expect she'll want to do it again later on today, so I'll try to be quiet for her again even if it doesn't feel very nice.

Now all I've got to do is cope with this really annoying ITCHY feeling in my face. Oooooooooooo I want to scratch it sometimes! But the Horrid Thing stops me. Maybe that's just as well.

Hope you're having a good time Bud! Speak again soon

Yer mate
    Pongo the Pongster :D

5. KeeperTony44

[quote author=Rosie link=topic=8427.msg126347#msg126347 date=1416852782]

Just a quick note to say thanks for your nice message. I'm feeling sooooooooo much better today.

I thought a lot about what you said about mummy attacking me.... that maybe it is for my own good. So today I tried really hard to lie still while she put the creamy stuff on my face - even though daddy is not here today so he wasn't there to hold me down. I couldn't bear to lie still for long so I don't think she got much on it, but I really really tried to be good. And maybe that is why my face feels better.... I think you might be right, Bud. I expect she'll want to do it again later on today, so I'll try to be quiet for her again even if it doesn't feel very nice.

[/quote]

Morning Pongo

You are very welcome my friend. I care about all my friends and if i can send a few kind words and even a little advice, even at my young age, then i am more than happy to do so.

I am really pleased that you felt a lot better in yourself yesterday, and i hope you have improved more as you woke up today. I am very proud of your efforts to be quiet and still for mummy as she continues to make you better. Keep it up mate. I am sure there will be lots of smiles and words of praise.

Got to go now and find my toys - daddy has been moving things around. They are making space apparently for something that is going to stand in front of the window next week. No idea what it will be but i think that they are expecting me to get very excited around this thing and want to play with all the bits i can reach on it. In the meantime, my toys are in the other room so i have to fetch them to bring them in here with me. Don't i get enough exercise?! ;D

Keep strong Pongo. I will be thinking of you. Later mate.

Bud :)

6. KeeperTony44

They finally clicked their photo gadget whilst i was relaxing on my big, big bed. I think they wanted me to stay asleep as apparently i looked REALLLLLLLLY CUTE. I still am though aren't i? Just a little teeny weeny bit ;D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

He is adorable xx

8. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Oh Bud......you are very handsome :D I love the duvet photos ;)

9. KeeperTony44

Thank you Stacia......Thank you Harley and your mummy. I am just little ol' me but i believe there is nothing wrong with feeling positive about who we are. ;D

10. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Oh Bud, you've got such lovely eyes!

Now what I need to know is how to get UNDER the covers on the big, big bed. I snuggle on top of it sometimes, being careful to get there first so that Wispa can't be next to mummy, but I've never been UNDER the covers. Although I can easily rearrange my blankies and vetbed in my crate, I can't seem to get to grips with the big, big bed. I even carry my vetbed around the house if I want to make my people laugh. Yesterday mummy got cross because I took Wispa's big blankie out of her crate and was tugging at it next to mummy's desk. She thought I was trying to chew it, but I was only trying to get the nylabone that had got tangled up in it. Normally we don't have our toys in our crates, so I wonder how it got there ... and what was I doing in Wispa's crate when she wasn't looking?

Have a good day, Bud.

Tuppence

11. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Hi Bud, yes I have been feeling a bit under the weather....luckily this morning THINGS happened from that area, if you get my drift. My mum was smiling so I guess that was OK..not usually so happy when I GO on our lovely neighbours garden, so maybe I need to GO there more often? Dunno.... They have little people next door too, they are such fun! Little people squeal and run around a lot, they are so exciting! Do you like little people? The very small ones I meet sometimes are a bit scared of me, so I have to be careful and watch mum carefully to see if its OK to say hello. Mum gives me cues...they are kinda like "signals" that she wants me to so something...like sit..or stop....but more recently she just wants me to "look at her". Very peculiar.....but sigh...anything for a piece of liver cake! 8)

12. KeeperTony44

[quote author=Granca link=topic=8427.msg126668#msg126668 date=1416984343]
    Oh Bud, you've got such lovely eyes!

Now what I need to know is how to get UNDER the covers on the big, big bed. I snuggle on top of it sometimes, being careful to get there first so that Wispa can't be next to mummy, but I've never been UNDER the covers. Although I can easily rearrange my blankies and vetbed in my crate, I can't seem to get to grips with the big, big bed. I even carry my vetbed around the house if I want to make my people laugh. Yesterday mummy got cross because I took Wispa's big blankie out of her crate and was tugging at it next to mummy's desk. She thought I was trying to chew it, but I was only trying to get the nylabone that had got tangled up in it. Normally we don't have our toys in our crates, so I wonder how it got there ... and what was I doing in Wispa's crate when she wasn't looking?

Have a good day, Bud.

Tuppence
    [/quote]

Morning Tuppence,

My parents tell me i have really lovely eyes too. It must be true. Thank you for your nice words.

Have you been secretly playing in Wispa's crate when she hasn't been there? Surely Wispa wouldn't be playing with her nylabone there. You sound like me sometimes because i want to get my nose everywhere, even the places my parents say NO to. I think what we need to understand though is that they must have reasons for saying no to us, and maybe these reasons are in our best interests too.It's not easy i have to admit as we just want to treat the house as our home which is what they say it is. Is your mummy still cross or has she now realised you were not trying to chew Wispa's blankie?

To answer your question. I am sometimes very, very fortunate because mummy, on occasions, moves back the top snuggly cover of the big big bed, so far that i can dash underneath before she pulls it up over her (and me.) At other times i am quite happy laying on top of this bed, but if i want to sneak under the cover and it is too hard at one end, then i find that the other end of the bed has much easier access. Be careful though because if you touch the feet of your parents then they will wake up. And if you dare give them a lick you might see your mummy sit up really, really fast with a very strange look on her face!!

I sometimes jump off the big, big bed during the night and fall asleep in my own main bed. And because i have finally managed to jump back onto the big, big bed with no help, i have the best of both worlds. I am hearing whispers though that daddy will soon be sharing the big bed again (i think his health prevents him sleeping upstairs with us, though i don't understand all the details. ) I do know that my parents are quite confident that i can manage to control my bladder and things long enough to let them know i need my corner of the garden, and therefore daddy and i don't need to sleep downstairs for the purpose of being closer to outside. And i am managing the get down the stairs comfortably enough, but i still hug the wall. All this said, when the time comes daddy shares the bed again - i am wondering where i will sleep? Need to investigate and see if there is room for the three of us :)

Well my friend, have a lovely day ahead. Try and be good. Catch up with you and Wispa soon.

Bud

13. KeeperTony44

[quote author=Beanwood link=topic=8427.msg126677#msg126677 date=1416987773]
    Hi Bud, yes I have been feeling a bit under the weather....luckily this morning THINGS happened from that area, if you get my drift. My mum was smiling so I guess that was OK..not usually so happy when I GO on our lovely neighbours garden, so maybe I need to GO there more often? Dunno.... They have little people next door too, they are such fun! Little people squeal and run around a lot, they are so exciting! Do you like little people? The very small ones I meet sometimes are a bit scared of me, so I have to be careful and watch mum carefully to see if its OK to say hello. Mum gives me cues...they are kinda like "signals" that she wants me to so something...like sit..or stop....but more recently she just wants me to "look at her". Very peculiar.....but sigh...anything for a piece of liver cake! 8)
    [/quote]

Benson, hello and good morning,

I think i do actually get your drift. Hopefully you are now feeling a lot more relieved within yourself (daddy has looked at me and smiled at my apparent clever use of words.) I think your mummy will smile more if you continue to avoid "going" in your neighbours garden. Daddy once said to me on the very rare occasion when i had an 'accident' inside when i was younger "How would you feel if someone came along and done that on your bed? You wouldn't like it would you!" No i would not. And maybe this can be said about your neighbours garden. There are places where we can do what we need to do, and places where we must not.

I do like little people Benson, though i am not around them any more......before i came to live at my new home there were little noisy people in the house every day. They were so much fun but sometimes they would want to play when i wanted to have a snooze. I now much prefer the quietness of my new home. I hear these little people around outside on occasions, and when the big screen in the living room (strange name for a room) comes alive there are sometimes the sounds of children laughing and playing inside. I look up and watch them, and then look around the house for them but they are never there.

I think your mummy has a good way of teaching you to sit and stop. My daddy likes to use silent techniques and gestures if i am looking at him. I totally understand the finger pointing, which will either be towards any of my resting places in the house or my corner of the garden if i am feeling a little lazy. His eyes will sometimes tell me that i need to focus on him and remain calm, but i have more trouble taking notice when i am out. This is when his voice takes over, and even then i can still be a little terror because i get so distracted.

What, may i ask, is liver cake? Sounds like food and you obviously really enjoy it.

Must go now. Just jumped up onto the sofa for a nap beside daddy. I think mummy is spending more time with me over today and tomorrow because they have been talking about daddy needing to spend time on his writing. I am understanding more and more that this has something to do with a little person who is related to them, and it is a gift. I also think daddy has to really concentrate and not allow himself to be distracted (like i do when i am out.) Speak with you again soon Benson. Keep safe and well.

Bud

14. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hi Bud, hope you've had a good day. Has that naughty Tuppence told you how sneaky she's been? I can tell you that blankie was safely in MY crate, ready for my snuggle, so how it came to have nylabone caught up in it was very strange,

I hop you have some nice snuggles on the big bed. I'm going to have to practise so my eyes look as appealing as yours, then who could resist!

Feeling quite sleepy, now, Bud. Will talk again soon must get my beauty sleep

Wispa

15. KeeperTony44

Hi Wispa (and MORNING to all of my other friends)

Had a long day out with mummy yesterday where i got to play with other people including a little old lady who tries to feed me 'naughty' food under the table. Travelled on those bus vehicles again but was suddenly very poorly and mummy had to quickly clear my mess away which she did in very quick time. We don't know why this happened as i was fine for the rest of the day.

Went to a new field where i ran and ran and ran, chased my ball, and got really muddy paws which i shared with mummy. I think she was delighted because she said "look at all this dirt" like she was really proud :)

Was glad to finally get home, and ran to daddy to say hello. He looked really pleased to see me, and i think he was really pleased with himself. I am assuming he got lots of his writing done.

Lots of me, and mummy and daddy time now as mummy is on a holiday.

Well Wispa, i think Tuppence likes to feel close to you at times and she must go into your crate to get the feeling she is with you. Or maybe she is just so very cheeky and nosey and likes to go everywhere and really feel a sense of freedom.

I slept in my downstairs bed with daddy the other night, for a change. I couldn't settle on the big big bed for some very strange reason. Then last night i was back with mummy and all cosy on that thick cushion thingy that covers the bed. It keeps changing colour which is strange. Is it magic? I woke up later than normal this morning so i must have been tired, and cosy. About to have a mini nap on the sofa now following my morning walk and run, and breakfast which i think i need to try and start eating more slowly.

I hope you had a lovely sleep Wispa. Enjoy your day. Try and be patient with Tuppence. I am sure she means no harm.

Bye for now.

Bud

16. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Hello Bud! It's been a while since we last talked so I hope you haven't forgotten your friend Willow? Life here is moving on apace (new word!) and I'm settling down with my new crate-mate, Shadow. I like him most of the time, but he does sometimes take toys away from me when I'm playing with them, which I don't like. He is fun to run round with, though, and playing bitey-face with him gets a much better response than when I try to do it with Mummy and Daddy. He also has his uses as a pillow, when he isn't wriggling around too much. I try to teach him to be calm like me, but he thinks he's a much younger pup (even though Mummy tells me he was born before me) and he doesn't seem to be able to stay still. At food time, his whole body wriggles side to side and he can't keep his feet still. I think it's a little silly; it's like he's never seen food before and it's the BEST THING EVER!!!! Mummy is always standing there when we eat to make sure that we don't go and have a look in each other's bowls too soon. She thinks we have to learn to have manners. Shadow is still very little compared to me, so I suppose he needs all his food to help him get big and strong.

Shadow is now pushing me away because he wants to say hi. I guess he still has a way to go learning those manners....

HI BUD! IT'S SHADOW HERE!!!!! What do you mean, stop shouting, Willow? Oh, OK, I'm just so excited to talk to my new friend!! I loved seeing your photos, Bud. You are a very smart boy indeed. My mummy and daddy say that I am "pretty" but that one day, when I'm bigger, I may be "handsome". I hope so, I like the sound of that. It sounds better for a boy to be handsome than pretty, don't you think?
    I am having a wonderful time here in my new home. I'm getting more and more used to being in the warm house all the time and sometimes I don't want to go outside when Mummy tells me to, because I think she might be taking me back to a kennel. It's much better being in a house, with the soft beds and things called "radiators" which make everything lovely and warm. It's a bit strange that we do something called "going on walks" now, which I didn't before. In my old home, we just ran around and around when we wanted a bit of exercise. In the mornings, I go out just with Mummy which is nice to have her to myself. I make sure I stay right by her the whole time. I'm learning to "walk nicely" on my lead, too. I'm not sure why running around and putting my nose in everything isn't "nice" - it feels nice to me! - but Mummy wants me to walk close by her, which is fine because when I do that, I get lots of treats. When we get back home, I get to play with Daddy while Mummy goes out with Willow. Then, later on, we all go out together! That is REALLY fun because we always go somewhere there's lots of space to run and run and RUN! I don't mind leaving Mummy's side then, because I know that Daddy will look after her, so I can go and smell all the nice smells and see what Willow can find. She's a lot braver than me, and a lot faster, too, because of her really long legs.
    Sometimes, we see other dogs, too. Our sister, Annie (I'm sure she used to be called Dotty - strange), comes for a play sometimes, which is really good fun, although when she's there, she and Willow tend to play more together and I stay with Mummy and Daddy. And the other day, we met a MASSIVE dog called Buster. I know two Busters now, Annie's big brother who is a labrador like us (although Mummy says he's a show variety and much bigger than we will be), and then this new Buster is a Bernese mountain dog. I wasn't too sure of him because he was SO BIG and I kept rolling over so he didn't hurt me, even though he was actually very gentle with me. Willow and Annie, though, were HANGING off his head! They are way braver than me!

I hope to speak to you again soon, Bud, but for now I have to go play bitey-face with Willow! RAAAAAR!

17. KeeperTony44

Willow, hello my young friend. So lovely to hear from you. You need not worry that i would forget about you as this will never happen. When i make friends with someone i always remember them. A true friend is a friend for life. I like your new word.....i can't find a reason to use it myself yet though. It sounds like Shadow has become a welcome part of your family, and you are adjusting really well. I am a little baffled Willow because you say Shadow shares your crate with you. I know that i never accepted those crates one little bit but are you not ready for sleeping outside of your crate yet? Maybe i would still be in mine, had i not created such a fuss and risked hurting myself every time i was placed inside. Life for me felt so much more free and friendly when my parents allowed me to sleep with no bars around me, and i think i have repaid their trust by sleeping nicely through the nights, and letting them know when i need to go outside.

Food IS THE BEST THING EVER, isn't it? Apparently i am a little SCAVENGER because i am always sniffing about for food, even though i never go hungry. Daddy plays a game where he hides my dental and joint chews. My little nose picks up their scent immediately but it takes me a while at times to finally get my teeth around them. Talking of teeth - guess what happened a couple of days ago? Have you guessed it yet Willow? Let me tell you. One of my little teeth fell out!!!!! Can you believe that. I was just chewing on a treat when it just dropped out and stared at me from the floor. Mummy checked to see if i was ok, and she needn't have worried. I was fine. I am wondering though if it is going to happen with any more of my teeth. I know i have some rather sharp ones now and i have to be careful when playing bitey-hands and bitey-feet. Maybe losing my tiny teeth makes room for bigger and stronger teeth. Hmmmm, i will keep you informed.

Your mummy is right to want you and Shadow to grow up with manners. My daddy talks to me a lot about politeness and respect, and he thinks it is a good idea to have a good grasp of the English Language. I think this has something to do with the words used to communicate. Apparently some humans have chosen to ignore the traditional ways of talking and.......hold on, i need daddy to write this down so i can read it......"society has evolved into a modern generation of text talkers, and nonsensical words are now being accepted into the world that simply do not make sense." Mummy says to daddy he is simply old fashioned. He agrees but says he is determined to retain what he can of traditional values. As much as i am very happy Willow to learn new words and act politely, i do wonder what is wrong with how you and i best converse. Woofs and sniffing is a very simple language. We understand it perfectly don't we? I think it would be only fair if our parents made an effort to learn from us too. ;D ;D

Right Willow, i will wish you a pleasant day ahead. Stay safe and well my friend. We will catch up again real soon. Bud.x

(TURNS AROUND AND FALLS ON MY BEHIND AS SHADOW LEAPS AT MY FEET TO SAY HELLO)

Hey Shadow, how are you my new young pal? You are in a very playful mood aren't you. Really great to see you again.

I definitely agree with you - pretty is a term i would use to describe Willow, or our daddy's would use to describe our mummy's. I can still accept cute, or adorable, at the moment but i also look forward to growing up and becoming a handsome young fellow. Thank you for your kind words relating to my photos. My daddy loves sharing images of me with his friends and our friends, and i keep seeing him holding that device that collects all of these photos. I am still trying to understand how and when i got inside that thing!

You have discovered 'radiators.' Aren't they just brilliant. I could not even imagine a life having to live outside in one of these kennels you mention. I have always been inside a house where it has been warm and cosy, but since moving to my new home the comfort has simply increased many, many times. It didn't take me long either to learn that it was ok to go outside when i needed to, because i realised i could come straight back indoors whenever i chose to. How are you coping with the 'going outside' routine on command? Are you learning to do so without being asked? That is a fantastic feeling when it happens, and usually results in a treat afterwards.

It sounds like you are a very obedient young puppy, and your mummy and daddy must be very proud of you, and themselves, for how well you are adjusting. I am 18 weeks old on Monday and yet even though i can walk nicely on my lead, i still desire extra freedom at times to sniff in places i can't reach easily. When daddy extends the long lead i am happier but i do understand why i sometimes need to walk directly beside him or mummy. I have to say Shadow that i am really excited to hear how much you are enjoying your walks, and especially the times you can let your legs run free. Running is absolutely fantastic isn't it? I can only run for short bursts but boy i feel so free when i am off the lead and either chasing daddy, running alongside him, or running after my ball when mummy throws it. I also like to just run after the wind, though i can never seem to catch it.

Shadow, daddy showed me a picture of a Bernese mountain dog. They are HUGE! You must have been so brave to let him play with you. And as for Willow and Annie hanging off his head, well, i am not surprised by Willow because she strikes me as very playful and courageous. I don't know Annie but if she is anything like Willow then this is obviously to be expected.

Right my little friend, i am going to take a short nap before breakfast. I woke up earlier today than normal and i am now feeling tired. Enjoy your bitey-face games with Willow,and RAAAAAAR to you too. Be safe matey. Chat with you soon. Bud

18. KeeperTony44

Hello everyone. Am i right in thinking my daddy has been talking with some of your parents about me 'hoovering' (great word this isn't it) up my food? I do wish he wouldn't worry so much. I don't think it is causing me any harm, and in my own way i am enjoying everything i eat.

Yesterday saw a change in our main room. I wasn't allowed in there for a large part of the morning, and i did not understand what i had done wrong. I could not believe my little puppy eyes when i finally poked my head through these new barriers in the doorway (very light and crinkly) and discovered this big, white object in front of the window, with all manner of toys dangling off it. Well, actually i realised throughout the course of the day that these were not toys at all because i wasn't permitted to remove them. I could sniff, and gently lick, but the moment i tried to take them away i was asked to 'come away.' There are other colourful things in the room around pictures on the wall, and some, what i thought were soft toys to chew on. Got it wrong again. These toys sing little songs when touched, and one actually moves its ears up and down whilst singing! Most strange, but rather fun to watch. I hear mummy and daddy talking about more changes over the coming days. I wonder what else is going to appear?

I sense more excitement in the air, and i feel it is going to last a while. It seems like fun times are ahead, and this is absolutely fine with me.

Well, i have just returned from my morning walk, and race with daddy. I think i am winning these little runs now. Time for a little lie down until that invisible bird tells me it is time for breakfast. Not that i need reminding as my stomach knows that food is not far away :)

Be safe everyone. Have lots of fun.

Your friend Bud.x

19. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hello Bud,

Hoovering's so good, isn't it. Wispa and I both eat really quickly, so we have special green, sort of spiky plates to slow us down. It's fun trying to get the bits of kibble and perhaps I do taste my food a little bit more, but it still only takes me about two minutes to eat it all. Then I hoover the floor to make sure I haven't missed any bits over the edge.

It sounds as if your Christmas tree has arrived, Bud. We don't have ours yet, but I can just remember last Christmas, when I was a little puppy. Wispa warned me that I had to be very careful, as she'd heard mummy tell the story of another young dog, years ago, who had got so excited that he'd got tangled up in the wire of the lights and had pulled the tree over, so it had to be decorated again! Last Christmas the tree was in a room where we are only allowed 'under supervision', but we were both very good and it all looked so pretty. All our family had presents from under the tree (and we did too), but the presents only seemed to be there for part of a day ... Perhaps that was because we couldn't be completely trusted not to investigate? We had great fun with the paper and boxes when everyone was unwrapping things, though!

There's lots of fun to come, Bud. It's important just to look, though, so it sounds as if you're doing really well. I hope I'm going to be able to contain my excitement this year. I wonder when our tree will appear?

Have a good day, Bud.

Tuppence

20. KeeperTony44

Hello there Tuppence,

Wasn't sure if i would be dropping by today as last night i was very sick. Mummy and daddy were really worried, and i think mummy phoned the vet man, or his friends. We didn't go and see the vet man but i was shown lots of love and i think i was being watched overnight to see if i showed any further worrying symptoms. I didn't. I was a little restless for a while but i have had my morning walk and run, my breakfast was in a different place and spread around on these wooden tiles, which i actually believe slowed down my eating by a minute :), and i have had a couple of games of chase around the garden. Guess what though, the ground is really hard today, and looks shiny. And boy it is cold on my little ol' paws. They soon warm up though when i go back inside.

So, that's the Christmas tree. I like Christmas by the sounds and looks of things. I don't think there are any dangerous lights on this tree for me to tangle myself up in, but it does glow at night from time to time. There are so many colours and objects that i love to look at but i am being really good and not trying to nibble or remove them. There is nothing under the tree at the moment - i think this will change over the next few days. I am looking forward to this cardboard and paper that you say we get to play with. I hope i don't have to wait too long.

Well my friend, i must go now and rest. I hope your tree appears soon. Enjoy yourself and say hello to Wispa for me. Keep safe Tuppence.

Bud