Bud's Story (an ongoing diary)

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by KeeperTony44, Oct 23, 2014.

1. KeeperTony44

KeeperTony44 Registered Users

Re: Bud's Story (an ongoing diary)

[quote author=sunsetpines link=topic=8427.msg148777#msg148777 date=1426093054]

How come you don't get to ride in cars usually Bud?
    You don't live on a farm do you Bud?

Well, I hope you get to go on more walks soon, Bud....remember to just listen to your daddy and don't lick...and maybe you won't have to wear that collar anymore.

Your friend, Bella
    [/quote]

Hi Bella,

It certainly has been an overwhelming few days where i have been quite confused as to what exactly has been happening. Such a huge change to many aspects of my life, and yet mum and dad have not changed towards me in regards to their fun and warmth. I feel hopeful that everything will return to the way it used to be soon. Possibly after i have seen Mr Simon.

No, i don't live on a farm, though it sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

I think it is so funny that your mum and dad have so many wheeled forms of transport. Is it so necessary to travel inside a large metal box Bella? I don't understand the thrill that so many of my friends get with riding in cars. Or why there are so many of these cars and trucks on the roads when they are so dangerous. Isn't it so much more fun to stretch your legs and walk and run everywhere? My first car journey was required because i wasn't able to walk the journey between the vets and home....and i am too heavy to carry long distances. The second journey was for the same reason. I was full of energy but this energy would have hurt me had i been allowed my usual freedom.

My mum and dad don't own any kind of road transport. Dad says it is by choice. Mum has never been in a position to learn how to control the likes of a car, and is in no hurry to change things now. Dad has a more personal reason for not ever wanting to place himself, or me and mum, out on the roads behind the wheel. I know he has never DRIVEN ( as i have heard it called) but whenever he and mum talk about it i can not really make out what is being said as their voices are quieter than normal.

The good thing is they like to walk, and especially dad. And that is fine, fine, fine with me.

Well Bella, i am heading back to my bed. Lots of thinking to do, and sleep to catch up on. It is strange but i have had lots of time to rest, but the deep sleep i had been used to has not been easy to maintain just lately. But i am getting there.

Stay well and happy.

Bud

2. KeeperTony44

[quote author=Naya link=topic=8427.msg148812#msg148812 date=1426099654]
    Hi Bud, it is so good to hear from you :)
    I'm glad you are getting better after your operation. I hope you enjoy your walks this weekend - try and be good for your dad when you are on the halting, he is only trying to help keep you safe
    Big licks, your pal Harley x
    [/quote]

Hello Harley,

So wonderful to hear from you my friend. And i love hearing how you and Pongo share walks and races, of which i believe you still prove to be the fastest? Or has Pongo found a faster pace now?

Thank you for your nice words. My weekend walks won't be too long as i have to wait for Mr Simon to say i am fine to do all the things i usually would do. I find this frustrating as he is the reason i am wearing this restrictive collar, and not running over grass and leaves every day, and watching ducks and geese escape me by flying out into the water where i cannot reach them.

I always try to be good for dad Harley. I try really hard. Honest. (There it is, the look i was waiting to see on dad's face. I have a look too dad, and it includes my tongue.) :p A little childish i know but i am only nearly 8 months old (next week).

Off to rest some more now Harley, but huge licks and tail wags for you my friend. Catch up with you soon. Keep safe and bouncy.

Bud.x

3. sunsetpines

sunsetpines Registered Users

[quote author=KeeperTony44 link=topic=8427.msg148824#msg148824 date=1426101367]
    I think it is so funny that your mum and dad have so many wheeled forms of transport. Is it so necessary to travel inside a large metal box Bella? I don't understand the thrill that so many of my friends get with riding in cars. Or why there are so many of these cars and trucks on the roads when they are so dangerous. Isn't it so much more fun to stretch your legs and walk and run everywhere? My first car journey was required because i wasn't able to walk the journey between the vets and home....and i am too heavy to carry long distances. The second journey was for the same reason. I was full of energy but this energy would have hurt me had i been allowed my usual freedom.

Bud
    [/quote]

I like riding in cars, Bud....you can see so much stuff...but it's also a good time for naps.

Where we live, we pretty much have to drive everywhere - there isn't anything close enough to walk to. Mommy says our farm is in the KUNTREE. She said if we had to walk to the closest store it would take us probably an hour...and that' sjust too far for me. I think most dogs and their hoomins here in Americuh have cars....its just the regular thing. I like having different cars and trucks, and each one is for different activities. We have cars for going to werk in. And trucks for pushing the snow. And trucks for putting the hay on for the goats - do you know about goats, Bud? Mommy has goats on her farm, and she said in May we will have BAYBEES...I don't know what that means. We also have the big white truck that is for daddy's werk. I guess it's for GRAYPS or something. Mostly it just sits out back all year.

So do you just walk EVERYWHERE??? Mommy said that maybe you can go on buses and that in some places in the YewKay they have trains that go in tunnels....do you get to go in tunnels, Bud? I haven't seen a train before...but mommy said that out last couple of walks have been on the place where trains used to go in the "olden days". sometimes I think the YewKay would be interesting to visit...it seems so different from my life here in Americuh.

Keep resting up, Bud...and you'll be good as new very soon!

Your Americun friend,
    Bella

4. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Hi Bud,

Your operashun sounds horrible. I'm glad its over and that you're back with your people. That's the best place to be when things hurt because the love and cuddles make it hurt less.

I had two days away from my people and missed them terribly. They have a new house which is great. We can walk from the front door across fields to a stream and woods.

Pongo is my friend. We've walked together a few times. He's much bigger than me and a bit of a loon at times. He's always fun to be around.

Take care Bud, and get better soon.

Holly

5. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Aw, thank you so much Bud and Bella and Harley and Holly! That makes me feel so much better. I've been a bit nervous today because of being worried that I might smell wrong and upset someone, but it made me wag my tail when you've all said such nice things.

I've decided that I will keep on being friendly to everydog, but perhaps be a little more ready to move away (rather than rolling over to apologise) if it looks like I've upset them. At least on this forum there isn't any danger of me saying the wrong thing by smelling wrong! And I'm really looking forward to seeing Holly and Harley again on our next walkies.

Meanwhile, Bud, I am SHOCKED to hear about your experiences! Goodness me, what is going on? It sounds like you have a HORRIDTHING a bit like the one I had some time ago when I had a sore face. I sympathise with your frustrations, mate - it bangs into doorways, doesn't it? And you can't really lie down properly? And you can't lick and smell yourself? Yes, it is really horrible.

But I do believe that our people make us wear them for our own good.... so maybe if you can just be very patient for another day or so it might start to come off? My people took mine off, and I immediately went to scratch my face but they said NO very firmly every time I did and they pushed my leg away from my face.... and I did figure out that they didn't want me to scratch so I didn't and then I didn't wear the HORRIDTHING. Maybe if they take it off and you listen very carefully for what they don't want you to do, then you can avoid doing whatever that is and they'll let you be without the HORRIDTHING for longer.

Anyway mate, good luck with it - remember you can always let off steam to your friends here even when your people don't seem to be listening to you. And I hope you get rid of it soon.

Mum is making those noises she makes when it is time for me to take her round the garden for late night wanders, so I'd better go. Night night everyone - thank you for being my friends!

Pongo

6. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hello Bud,

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Your Mr Simon sounds like a good person. It's scary being in those big cages at the vets, isn't it, but the vets and nurses are very kind. I still feel very suspicious whenever I have to go, though. Buster collars aren't much fun, either, but Tuppy soon got used to hers and at least we could all hear her coming as she bumped into things when she tried to move too quickly. It's soooo frustrating not being able to lick and scratch, but it's all for the best, so I'm told!

You're really lucky getting to do lots of walks everywhere. I find it a bit scary sometimes when we're walking on our leads on the pavements, but I love running and sniffing in the woods. We have to go in the car to get there, but I don't mind at all. I've been on lots of really long journeys to Scotland, too, where we even get to swim in the burns and the sea, but I just sleep and dream of all the exciting things we'll do. Tuppy doesn't like cars much, so she jumps in and curls up in a little ball as far back as she can. All the more room for me!

Hope you have a good day, Bud. Just try to be patient. It won't be long before you can bounce around again without that plastic bucket! Meanwhile it's best to make the most of all the extra fuss. ;)

Wispa

7. KeeperTony44

[quote author=sunsetpines link=topic=8427.msg148871#msg148871 date=1426107311]
    [quote author=KeeperTony44 link=topic=8427.msg148824#msg148824 date=1426101367]

[/quote]

So do you just walk EVERYWHERE??? Mommy said that maybe you can go on buses and that in some places in the YewKay they have trains that go in tunnels....do you get to go in tunnels, Bud?
    [/quote]

Hi Bella,

Feeling a little sorry for myself this morning but wanted to quickly reply to my friends.

I do walk basically everywhere, and i really, really love walking. I have been on a bus a couple of times with mum, when i was younger and smaller. That was fun as there are lots of people of all sizes on the bus, and many say i am adorable and want to pay me attention. I haven't been on a bus for a while now though, and i think most of my journeys will involve exercise which is absolutely fine with me. I have never been on a train-i don't even know what a train is but i have heard sounds when out on some of my walks that dad says "Not to worry boy;that's just a train taking many people to places they cannot manage to walk to." Never been in a tunnel either. Dad says they are dark and you need something called a TORCH to find your way safely through them (he forgets i have very good eyesight.) I think, because of dad's condition, the chances to travel on all these different transports are very limited. I know he has suggested to his close family an option where we could all get together possibly once a year, and this would see me having another car journey. But besides this, and emergencies (like if i get sick and cannot walk to the vets) i get to walk EVERYWHERE. More chance to explore and stick my nose in all sorts of wonderful places :)

By the way, do you get to play with the goats you mention? Not seen any goats on my travels but there is plenty of time.

Stay well and happy Bella.

Your friend from the UK

Bud

8. KeeperTony44

[quote author=Hollysdad link=topic=8427.msg148882#msg148882 date=1426110333]
    Hi Bud,

Your operashun sounds horrible. I'm glad its over and that you're back with your people. That's the best place to be when things hurt because the love and cuddles make it hurt less.

I had two days away from my people and missed them terribly. They have a new house which is great. We can walk from the front door across fields to a stream and woods.

Pongo is my friend. We've walked together a few times. He's much bigger than me and a bit of a loon at times. He's always fun to be around.

Take care Bud, and get better soon.

Holly
    [/quote]

Hi Holly,

Wow, you have met Pongo. COOOOOOOOOOL. I am sure he is a great friend to go out on walks with. He must certainly make you smile lots.

I love the sound of your new house. All that open space just beyond your front door. I am really happy for you Holly.

Thank you for your kind words. I think i am close to fully recovered. Counting down the days for my long walks again, and even less days before i can stretch my legs properly at the weekend for shorter walks.

Look after yourself Holly, and your people.

Bud

9. KeeperTony44

[quote author=Rosie link=topic=8427.msg148898#msg148898 date=1426114393]
    It sounds like you have a HORRIDTHING a bit like the one I had some time ago when I had a sore face. I sympathise with your frustrations, mate - it bangs into doorways, doesn't it? And you can't really lie down properly? And you can't lick and smell yourself? Yes, it is really horrible.

Anyway mate, good luck with it - remember you can always let off steam to your friends here even when your people don't seem to be listening to you. And I hope you get rid of it soon.

Pongo
    [/quote]

Hey Pongo mate. You are very welcome. I didn't like hearing you doubt yourself and wanted to help you realise how special a friend you are to all the dogs who know you. And lets not forget the humans who love you to bits too.

Yes, this horrid thing as you call it is becoming a mortal enemy right now, and i am doing my very best to treat it with a degree of respect and acceptance because i do realise it is placed around my neck to benefit me. Dad has the more authoritative voice when it comes to telling me NO, and whenever this collar is removed and i try to sneak a lick and a nibble in the place that tickles (less pain now and more a frustrating ache) he looks at me and immediately says NO. He is so quick at catching me before i even get close enough to do what i want to do......does he not have better things to do than constantly watch my every move ;D

Pongo, you are so right mate about the banging into doors and walls and legs! Isn't it so disorientating (cool new word i have learnt.....there's one for you to play with and make my dad chuckle at the unique language you and some of my other friends use.) However, after a couple of days, i found i was able to settle down quite comfortably. I can stretch out, curl up, even lie on my back and exercise my legs a little. It's not ideal, and i think it is preventing me sleeping soundly for long hours during the night. But i am sleeping.

Always a pleasure talking with you Pongo. This certainly is a great place to escape to where i know i will find my good friends. Thank you for being here.

Going to snooze now. Be safe mate.

Bud

10. KeeperTony44

Hello Wispa,

A quick reply to you before i return to my bed for a nap.

Mr Simon is a good man. I do still like him but i have a desire to give him a piece of my puppy mind, in the form of maybe a nibble or a hard nudge, or even pouncing on him at full speed (don't worry...i won't hurt him :) )I think i realise that what he has done to me has been in my best interests, but i feel like a little of my young life has been taken away and i just want to show him that i am a little disappointed with him. I will give him friendly licks after i promise.

You are so right Wispa. Waking up to find myself encaged is scary, initally. But i start to feel angry very quickly as i so hate losing my freedom to roam around. I am not a vicious dog; i don't harbour any nasty thoughts or intents (with Mr Simon it is playful.) But i really do not like enclosed structures that force me to stay in one confined space that to me is small.

I like to think i am lucky Wispa, having the opportunity to walk everywhere. I do know that roads are dangerous and i try to show more caution when on these lead walks. Sometimes the sudden noise and closeness startles me but i don't really have a sense of fear. The bright lights they have to show them the way can occasionally mesmerise me and dad has to get my attention. You are very lucky too i think though to get to climb into a car, sleep, and then wake up in a new and exciting location where you can spread your legs and run free for a while. It's a shame Tuppy doesn't enjoy the car journeys as much as you but as long as she is comfortable curled up then there shouldn't be any ill effects. I am sure she bounds out of the car when you reach your destination and plays like there is nothing better in the world.

I really must lay my head down now and snooze away my worries. Mum will be up soon to share her love before work, and this excites me every time she opens the door.

Always a pleasure sharing some time with you Wispa. A gentle nudge to you and lick for Tuppy. Stay safe.

Bud

11. sunsetpines

sunsetpines Registered Users

Hi Bud,

I don't get to play with the goats...they are behind a wire fence that bites my nose if I get to close...so I just watch them from a distance. I have been inside their pen with mommy before, but they don't trust me and let me close. My big sister Crystal is their dog...she goes in there pen sometimes, and usually sleeps near the fence close to them, but she too stays away from the biting fence. Crystal is big and strong and has a tremendous bark...so she keeps all the scary animals way from our farm. Mommy says she is an ANUHTOWLEEAN guard dog and it's her job to keep the farm safe. I'm not sure I want a job like that....I much prefer my job of being happy and chasing balls. Crystal has NO interest at ALL with playing with balls :eek: :eek: :eek: NONE.

I sometimes play around our ducks though....I like to run up behind them and make them flap and fly away...it's a fun game. And bonus...they poop a lot ;D ;D ;D So I get to eat LOTS of duck poop 8) 8) 8)

Do you live in a city, Bud? My daddy and mommy both go to werk in the city...but we live in the kuntree like I said. It's good for walking on the weekends with mommy...but when I walk in the city with mommy and daddy there are a lot more interesting people and smells...and LOTS more doggies to see too. In the kuntree I only ever see my sister Crystal...so that's kind of boring. Sometimes I play in the car like Wispa and watch all the exciting stuff going by...but since I do it EVERY day....Usually I just do like Tuppence does and just curl up for a good snooze. ;)

Ok...time to go shred some cardboard I think....

Your Americun friend,
    Bella

12. KeeperTony44

[quote author=sunsetpines link=topic=8427.msg149017#msg149017 date=1426176741]

Crystal has NO interest at ALL with playing with balls :eek: :eek: :eek: NONE.

So I get to eat LOTS of duck poop 8) 8) 8)

Do you live in a city, Bud?

[/quote]

Hi Bella,

A fence that bites? Does it have really sharp teeth and a growl? Not sure i like the sound of that. But i would be brave i think and bark back and say "stay away from my friend" in my strongest and deepest voice. (Dad seems to think that is so funny. I might have to go up to him and show him my big voice :D)

I can understand that some of us dogs do grow out of playing with balls-as we get bigger or older, other things do become more interesting. But all the same i have to say that your sister is missing out on so much fun isn't she?

Excuse me a moment Bella but i have to go and make a funny noise......(BLAGH, BLURGH, YUCK, YUCK, YUCKYYYYYYYYYY) :-[ )So sorry about that but EATING DUCK POO!!!!!!! Not for me i'm afraid. I have sniffed, and licked, the poo from ducks i once chased in the park, and it really isn't something i want to be introducing to my tummy.

We don't live in a city Bella. I think it is more of a town but not a very busy part of it. I notice on my walks that the closer we get to home, the quieter it is, and our end of the street we are in is a much quieter area. It is the place mum and dad had made home before i entered their lives, and even though i sense at times that dad remembers a previous home that he thinks would have been even more exciting for me, i have embraced this house as my home too and i wouldn't want to live anywhere else. We are not too far from a large parkland area which i had started to explore before my operation - this only takes about 20 minutes or so to reach on foot, and includes a mixture of grassland and woods, and water. Altogether, as an enjoyable walk of mixed sights and smells, from where it begins to where it ends, it is something called 15 MILES. Apparently this is a good day out, but because we wouldn't simply walk in a straight line, i am sure it will take some time before i get to explore everywhere on offer.

Dad has said that we are also maybe an hour walk away from where a section of the Trans Pennine Trail can be joined. Haven't got any idea what this is but it must be something to do with walking, and could be somewhere i will travel to one day. I also know dad wants to introduce me to a beach, but the original plan to show me the beach of his home town may not be looking so promising now.

Well Bella, i am going to have a gentle play with some toys with dad, and then it will be back to my protective collar whilst dad does what he does best - keep our home looking nice for us all. Not easy i am sure with me living here but he doesn't do too badly :)

Your friend Bud

13. Granca

Granca Registered Users

[quote author=KeeperTony44 link=topic=8427.msg149026#msg149026 date=1426180823]
    [quote author=sunsetpines link=topic=8427.msg149017#msg149017 date=1426176741]

So I get to eat LOTS of duck poop 8) 8) 8)

[/quote]

Excuse me a moment Bella but i have to go and make a funny noise......(BLAGH, BLURGH, YUCK, YUCK, YUCKYYYYYYYYYY) :-[ )So sorry about that but EATING DUCK POO!!!!!!! Not for me i'm afraid. I have sniffed, and licked, the poo from ducks i once chased in the park, and it really isn't something i want to be introducing to my tummy.
    [/quote]

Oh Bud, Bella's quite right! Duck poo is absolutely yummy! ;D Wispa doesn't seem to think so, but mum has great trouble when we go to see the ducks near where we live. I'm very good at NOT chasing the ducks (particularly if I think there's a treat is mum's pocket) but duck poo ... I just can't resist! I go into 'hoover mode' as mum calls it: my nose goes down to the ground and I make a sort of snuffly noise and grab as much as I can before I'm told 'leave it'! ;D Why would I want to leave one of my favourite tastes?

I hope you're feeling lots better and you won't have to wear that nasty collar for much longer. I well remember wearing one when I cut my leg, but I'm so glad now that I couldn't lick it because it healed very well and doesn't hurt at all.

Wispa and I had great fun yesterday running in the woods with a friend we hadn't seen for a while because she now lives a long way away. She looks very like me, but my collar is a bit brighter (and newer, because she's just a bit older than Wispa), she's a bit taller ... and I have a scar on my leg! We then had to be very quiet and good, lying under the table while our people had a 'pub lunch' ... it must have been very delicious because nobody dropped anything ... :(

Today I'm just a little bit tired, so I'm going to have my evening nap now.

Nite nite,

Tuppy

14. KeeperTony44

NOOOOOoooooooooooo Tuppy!!!! You don't want to eat such nasty stuff. It can never taste as nice as treats, and our normal food, and BANANAS ;D Wispa has the right idea when she turns her head and nose away from such nasty poo. (However, i think you are convinced that your stomach desires this "foodstuff" so my words may be lost on you.) Maybe i am just a very odd pup, but no amount of sniffing and licking will make me want to tuck into a free helping of natural duck produce!!

I am looking forward to tomorrow when i should be allowed to get rid of this pesky collar completely (do i sound frustrated?) I am raring to get back out to the park and the woods where i can feel free, free, FREE.

What's a pub lunch Tuppy? Is it something to do with food? (Dad is nodding his head actually and saying something else. Oh, it's a place our parents can go to eat food other people cook for us. And if you are lucky you might get a little something drop on the floor. Sounds like your parents really did like their food - or they are very tidy eaters :)

Oh well, have had lots of cuddles and a gentle wrestle with dad, and now it is back to resting. Need a little snooze now. Have a lovely Sunday.

Bud

15. KeeperTony44

IN THE DOGHOUSE!!!

I think this is the term my friends that is used when we have been naughty. I wasn't very good yesterday when attending the vets. My uncontrollable excitement caused me to feel really funny underneath my body and the nurse lady i saw had to fetch Mr Simon who applied something called GLUE. When i got home to my dismay i found that i had to wear that restrictive collar yet again!!! So it looks like my free days are delayed but i don't know for how long.

Dad also has some nasty looking marks on his arm which i think i caused. I licked and offered my paw, and have received some lovely cuddles. But i know i was not very well behaved. I hear mum and dad talking and they don't sound angry. They talk about wanting me to recover so i can return to my normal activities, but i need to allow my body to heal before this can happen.

I find myself wondering why they sent me to Mr Simon in the first place to have this operation. Ever since that day my life has not been quite the same and my young mind, so full of questions, is confused as to why all this is happening to me?

Oh well. I have my toys to occupy me, but i have to play gently, which isn't difficult really as this collar takes away some of the fun. I am not alone so always get plenty of attention. And i am enjoying the extra time i am getting to rest. Play well friends. I will be back with adventures of my own very soon i hope.

Bud.x

16. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Oh Bud, more days with the buster collar! I had glue, too, on my leg, as well as stitches. It helped it to heal, so perhaps you won't have to wear that nasty thing for much longer.

Wispa and I were IN THE DOGHOUSE yesterday evening. Mum had been given some lovely yummy chocolate buns in what looked like little teacups. She ate the buns (and didn't give us any :( ), then washed the little cups and left them by the sink to dry. Then when she was tapping away on her tappy thing (and Wispa and I had been dozing ...) she heard a scuffling noise in the kitchen ... Well, it was Wispa's fault! I just sniffed a bit, but Wispa put her paws up onto the draining board and found she could just reach two of the little cups. We took them to the back door mat but, although we licked and licked, she hadn't left ANY buns for us! :(

Mum was very cross when she found all the little pieces, so Wispa ran upstairs, but I didn't really know what to do, so I just stood there, with my big eyes wide open ...

Tuppy :'(

17. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Wait a minute, Bud - what has Tuppy been saying?

Of course it wasn't me ... I just helped Tuppy once she'd managed to reach the little cups! It's true that I ran away, because I could hear mum saying something like she thought she could trust us ... and how could we do such a thing because we don't normally steal ... I was sad when I heard her say that. :'(

Anyway, I hope you're having a good day, Bud, after your horrid vet experience yesterday. I'm going to try to be good today and make sure that Tuppy is too. ;)

Wispa

18. KeeperTony44

Hello Wispa and Tuppy (and obviously my other friends too)

Isn't it just one of the worst things ever Tuppy when we see a lovely plate of food in front of mum and dad, and we can smell scrummy aromas, and then before we know it the plate is empty and not one morsel has been saved for us!! Those chocolate buns certainly sounded delightful so i can understand you wanting to see if there were any remains. Maybe you need to be really, really, REALLY good, and make sure your eyes speak loudly in your plea for a little taste. I have found that i receive little extra treats of human food when i least expect it, and normally once i have given up paying any interest in the food mum and dad are eating. Pongo once advised me to be calm and patient, and just share eye contact, and on a good day, something nice will land in front of my nose. That works too.

I am just a little troubled however Tuppy. Are you trying to get Wispa in trouble? Surely not.

And Wispa, is there a slight rebel in you that wants to step away at times from your position in the family as the responsible and wise dog, or are you finding that Tuppy just manages to steer you up the wrong path as you endeavour to stop her causing too much trouble?

Personally, i think it must be nice to have each other.

Well, today is hopefully the last day i have to wear this collar. It has been removed for long periods of the day but if i am on my own, and at night, it goes back round my neck, and i am told "it is to prevent you from nibbling areas that need to heal....because we know what you are like don't we!!" What are they implying? :)

By the way, does your mum and dad do that thing called SINGING? (I think Pongo's mum does if i remember correctly.) Dad tends to sing funny little songs when in the kitchen, and i hear mum tell him that he is a BIT LOOPY. She caught him doing a silly dance one evening - all i could do was roll my eyes. He needs to be careful as i have seen him in pain a few times when he does sillly things. Sometimes mum sings too.....maybe i should just clarify that i use the term sing very loosely as neither mum or dad remain in tune for very long ;D Mum 'sings' more when she and dad snuggle up on the sofa with these little pads in their ears-they call these times MUSIC NIGHTS. They listen to lots of music and close their eyes and relax, and then out of the blue they break into song. Crazy. But i love them dearly.

Right, i am going to have an early evening snooze. Wispa/Tuppy, be good and stay safe. Catch up with you both soon.

Bud

19. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Hi Bud!

Great news that you are finally getting rid of your collar, mate. Have you managed to get a whole day without it today? Well done. Just try to resist the temptation to have a sneaky nibble...at least while anyone is watching.

I've got to tell you about my latest experience. Mum took me to something called Ajiliteeclass. She's been talking about it for ages, but this was the first time I got to go properly. It was a funny old experience, I can tell you! A mix of really really good and really really really annoying.

So, the annoying bit first.... We went in the CAR (I like that) to this place that smelled really exciting of HORSSIS (but I didn't see any). And when we got out of the car, there was my friend Mabli!!! And my friend Benson!!!!!! And my friend Casper!!!!!!! And my friend Bensonsdadwhocarriessardinecake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And a couple of other dogs too. And of course I wanted to go play with them all because that is what we do when we get together. BUT (and this is the annoying bit), mum had put this HARNISS thing on me that held me tight and she wouldn't let me go play! Now what is that all about, Bud? Mabli and Benson and Casper all wanted to play with me, and I wanted to play with them, and they were only JUST OVER THERE and so close so close so close but mum kept tugging me back and making me walk away from them rather than running up to them. I did manage to drag her a bit so I could get to Bensonsdadwhocarriessardinecake and I jumped right up at him to say hello, but mum was really angry at me and called me a bad boy. I wasn't a bad boy!! I was just playing!! And mum kept on saying Lookatmeepongo and shoving treats in my face, which was quite nice of course but a bit distracting, and she didn't seem very happy but really I don't care because I wasn't happy either. I just don't understand what was going on in her head. Humans, eh?

BUT.... now let me tell you about the good stuff. Because although I couldn't play with my mates, I did play some great games. I had to stay with this nicetrainerlady and wait while mum went down to the end of a sort of alley thing, and then she called my name and I RAN FASTFASTFASTFASTFAST to her and nearly knocked her over and she said I was a good boy and gave me a HUGE treat! And we did that lots of times and I got a treat every time just for running FASTFASTFASTFASTFAST. And then I had to run FASTFASTFASTFASTFAST through a tunnel thing and that was good too and I got a huge treat again and mum said I was a good boy. And then we played the touchyhand game and I got treats for that too. And then we played the sit-very-still game and I got treats for that. And then we played a game I didn't really understand about running round a wooden thing and I don't think I was very good at that but I got treats anyway. (We've done that game at home now a few times and I think I'm beginning to understand what she wants me to do....seems pretty stupid to me but, hey, I get treats....).

So that was great fun. I like running FASTFASTFASTFASTFAST. And I watched Mabli and Benson do it and they seemed to have fun too. I just wish we could all do it together, I'm sure it would be even better! (Casper had to go back to his car, I don't know why, maybe he had to protect it.)

Anyway, that was my Ajilliteeclass. It was pretty good all in all, although I was a bit fed up by the end because of not being allowed to play with my friends. I think we're going again soon.....maybe I can get rid of that pesky HARNISS and get to play with Benson next time! Wish me luck.

Hope all's good for you, Bud. Speak again soon.

Pongo

20. KeeperTony44

Hi Pongo,

Guess what mate - I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :) My long walks and runs have returned and the sun is shining really, really brightly and is so warm and comforting after so many cold days. The nurse lady at the vets on Friday came outside to me as i was waiting outside with dad due to being highly excitable and noisy. She played with me and tickled me, and checked me all over, and said i have healed nicely and can be me again. Yippee!! I don't know where that horrid collar has gone but when i returned home it was nowhere to be seen. I hope i never see it again Pongo......if i do i will growl at it and tell it to stay away from me. Do you think it will listen? :D

I don't fully understand why you couldn't play with your friends at this agility class you mention. Isn't part of being a dog the freedom to play with our friends where we strengthen our ability to communicate? Very strange Pongo, but i am sure your mum has very good reasons for her behaviour so maybe you need to be patient and see where all this is leading. Dad has been teaching me to stay at one end of the garden whilst he goes to the other end, looks at me quietly and points to the ground if i try to run towards him, and then after what seems like soooooooo long, he beckons me to him and i run, run, run, stop and lie down at his feet where i then get a sweet treat. Well worth the wait. Apparently he is preparing for when i do the same in a different location. At the moment i don't like him, or mum, to move too far away so i tend to follow them. I think dad is trying to teach me to feel confident and secure on my own in an outside environment. I don't mind playing this game as it gets me treats, and it is great fun speeding towards him when he calls to me. I nearly knock him over a lot of the time because i am getting stronger.

All the games you play with mum at agility class sound like fun. I think i have been introduced to these types of games during our play time as some of them sound very familiar. Is the touchy hand game where you give your paw to your mum? If so then i do this a lot and seem to have grown very good at it, especially before my meal times. We have a sort of tunnel thing at home but i haven't seen it since i was small. I never liked it and once just curled up inside and had a sleep :D Maybe i will see it again and have another look at what it is all about.I don't recognise the game where you run around a wooden thing....do you better understand it now?

I have to say mate that it certainly sounds like you have been having a lot of fun. I hope you are able to play with Mabli and Benson and Casper very soon as the four of you running very, very fast must be so enjoyable.

I notice you don't like wearing a harness. I don't mind mine. I have accustomed to it, and i don't always have to wear it. What i am not too keen on at the moment is this HALTI. It doesn't hurt or restrict me opening my mouth, but i just don't really appreciate the feel of something around my mouth. I know it gives dad better control as when he guides my head round, i can no longer pull as much as i used to. It makes our walks more relaxing at times, and maybe this is the purpose of the halti. But i still need to adjust.

Well, the sun is still shining, and it is in our garden for longer now. I can lay outside and feel warm and snug, whilst birds sing all around me. And that is where i am going now so have a fantastic day my friend. Keep safe and well and i will chat with you again very, very soon.

Your friend Bud.