Bud's Story (an ongoing diary)

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by KeeperTony44, Oct 23, 2014.

1. KeeperTony44

KeeperTony44 Registered Users

Re: Bud's Story (an ongoing diary)

Hello Holly,

Everything seems to be going really well for you since your move to a new home. Are you making new friends?

There are two parks that i visit. One is not too far away and we go here on our shorter walks. Here i get to run around a lot on lots of green grass. The other park is more than just a park as it includes woodland, lakes, the canal, a maze (which i am still waiting to visit) and various stretches of grassland that i am yet to investigate.

I would like to start swimming. I know dad wants to introduce me to this so that i can share your experience. We just need to find a stretch of water which starts shallow and becomes deeper when i am comfortable with deep water. At the moment the deepness concerns me so i won't jump in.

What is a flapjack, Holly? Is it FOOD? :)

You are right i think when you say foxes are not very playful. The ones i have seen look at me very briefly and then run off. I just want to play with everyone i see, human and animal.

I hope you enjoy the doggy dip today if you still visit this place. Have fun swimming.

Take good care my friend.

Bud

2. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Hi Bud,

Dad took me swimming today. We had a great game of swimmy-fetch. I didn't want to leave, but dad gave the "come here if you want a treat" whistle and I ran after him.

I found another new thing today. If I get wet and roll in the mud it sticks to me much better. I must remember that for next time.

Flapjacks are sticky sweet HOOMANFOOD. I rather like them, but prefer it when dad gets a BACONBUTTY from from the cafe.

Take care, my friend.

Holl

3. KeeperTony44

Hello Holly,

Sounds like you are really enjoying your swimming. I will certainly be giving it a try when the opportunity arises. Especially if treats are rewarded. :)

I haven't yet shown much interest in rolling in wet mud. But i do accidentally slide and roll on very wet grass when i get so excited i lose all co-ordination if i am running really, really fast. I tend to get very muddy underneath me but my coat stays clean.

I haven't come across flapjacks yet Holly, but they sound quite delightful. I am partial though to a little bacon which smells fantastic and gets me nearly drooling in anticipation.

I 'met' a squirrel yesterday during my morning exploring.......i ran over to say hello but it rushed up a tree, and then looked down at me and chattered very fast and angrily. I couldn't reach it so barked my disappointment and ran back to dad who gave me a nice drink. It was a really warm day yesterday, and it looks the same today.

Off to the garden now to watch the birds. Have a great day Holly. Look after yourself.

Your friend Bud.

4. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Wow, Bud, more lovely photos of you enjoying the sun! :) You look so comfortable on your bed. I'm not allowed to take mine into the garden - though I have to admit that it's usually Wispa's that I try to drag outside. I think mum's afraid that I'll hide it somewhere and forget it and then the foxes will take it. :(

We've had a lovely time playing with our young friends in the garden and going for walks with them too, but now they seem to have vanished. I've opened 'grandson's' bedroom door every morning since Sunday, but he's not there, so I can't do my bouncy-jump-on-the-bed-lick-his-ears-and-wake-him-up-to-play routine any more, neither can Wispa. Oh well, I'll just have to see what else I can get up to I suppose ...

I hope you've been enjoying more sunny walks and stretching out in the garden. Time for my evening nap now, so I can dream about lots of lovely things.

Tuppy

5. KeeperTony44

Hi Tuppy,

Thank you for your nice words. The bed i lay on in the garden is my outside bed. It stays in our gazebo thingy when it is not being used on the grass, and i sometimes sleep on it there too when mum and dad are having an evening cup of the hot stuff they drink. I had been hearing of you always trying to take a blankey or bedding outside ( i said to Wispa that it might be your way of keeping a piece of her with you. I think she understood and appreciated it a little bit more.)

It must be so quiet now the young people are no longer in the house and garden for you to play with.Lets hope they come and stay with you again soon so that you can cleverly open the door and wake up the youngster with lots of licks and bounciness. In the meantime there is always your mum and dad to greet in the same way :)

I think dad is doing some more work in the garden tomorrow so i will be helping him in my own special way. But only after i have had my morning walk and run and mad, crazy speedy whizz in circles which usually causes me to slide and roll over before leaping to my feet and doing it all over again.

Right Tuppy, i am off to greet mum when she gets home. And then i will be eventually settling down for a nice long sleep.

Keep well my friend. Enjoy the fine weather. We will chat again soon i am sure.

Goodnight Tuppy (and Wispa).

Bud

6. KeeperTony44

Hi everyone,

Well, this is a little bit strange as mum is helping me talk with you today. Dad hasn't been here for a while but mum says he will be home soon. Have missed him lots but mum says she sees him daily and gives our love to him.

Can't talk for long but i wanted you all to know i am having lots of fun. Long walks, chasing squirrels and balls and chewing on sticks and splashing in soft mud and looking into deep water but not wanting to get wet. Running in the rain and sleeping in the sun. Growling at a cat who invaded the top of our fence, watching the birds but letting them feed without disturbing them. And i have recently had my outside bed raised off the ground when it is in the gazebo thing. It is on top of this moving seat (mum says it is their old swing seat.) I remember seeing mum and dad on it before they got their new one, and it doesn't move as much now but boy was i surprised when i first tried to climb on to my bed. It tried to escape from me. :) I have since learnt how to control it and i enjoy a little swing whenever i turn around.

Must go now. Take care everyone.

Bud.x

7. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Hi Bud,

I really hope your dad is home soon. You must miss him. My dads away on a BIZNISTRIP and I miss him lots. I keep watching the door and listening for his car. The only good thing is that I have all his side of the bed at night so I can really stretch out. Take care,

Your pal, Holly

8. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Aww....Bud. I hope your dad is back home soon to you and your mum.
    Lilly sends licks
    xxxx

9. sunsetpines

sunsetpines Registered Users

Hi Bud,

Good of you to check in. I've been meaning to write myself, but mommy has been so busy with KRAFSHOWZ that we don't have much time for the KUMPUTER lately. But my Gramma and VonnieNPaul have been visiting...so it's been good fun just the same!

Sorry your dad has gone missing. At least your mom knows where to find him!!! :eek: Hopefully he will come back soon. I've had to spend extra time with my daddy lately, and some LOOOOOOONG hours at his werk while mommy did the KRAFSHOWZ - but it's fun there, and I get to help with the recycling by pre-shredding the cardboards for daddy. ;D

Make sure and give your mom extra kisses for your dad until he comes back! He will be sure to return them when he is back, I'm sure! And tummy rubs...those are the best!

Your Americun friend,
    Bella

10. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Hi Bud,

I hope your dad comes home soon. I know you will be missing him, but make sure you are extra good for your mum
    Be careful when you get on your raised bed, we don't want you to hurt yourself
    Your pal, Harley

11. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Hi Bud, good to hear from you mate! Isn't it horrid when one of our family goes missing? My dad went missing for a few days this weekend, and now he is back but my mum has disappeared instead. I don't like it, it is much better when all the pack is together.

But as Bella says, at least your mum knows how to find your dad! I'm sure he'll be back soon. Why not make some garden improvements while he is away, to welcome him home? I'm sure he'd appreciate that.

Speak again soon. Your pal
    PONGO xxx

12. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hello Bud, good to hear from you. I'm sure you're keeping your mum busy while your dad's away. It's always a bit unsettling when some of your people aren't around, so I hope your dad will be back home again soon.

We have a swing seat too, but it's a bit scary and Tuppy and I aren't really allowed on it. I did something really brave in the garden the other day, though. I'd been playing with Tuppy and mum, so I got rather hot and needed a drink. There was a bucket half full of water nearby, so I dropped my pink rocket toy into the bucket, then had a drink ... but my lovely toy was then at the bottom of the bucket, so I quickly put my head right into the water and grabbed my rocket.

Tuppy then wanted a drink too and dropped her rocket into the bucket ... but she wasn't brave enough to put her head right into the water. She tried and tried but wouldn't even put her nose in! Then she put her paw into the water and tried to flick the toy out, but that didn't work either. Eventually mum had to empty the bucket ... ;D

Look after your mum, Bud, and give lots of special licks to your dad when he comes home.

Wispa

13. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

Aw Bud that's not good - hope your dad comes home soon. He will be missing you loads :(

My mum has been away (again!) but she came home last night and I was soooo happy :) This morning I helped her with some gardening and she must have been very pleased because she made lots of high-pitched squealy noises and kept throwing my Frisbee and ball for me to chase ;D I think your dad would love it if you did some gardening for him :)

Your outside moving bed sounds a little bit scary, but maybe it will be ok once you get used to it.

big licks, Mira xx

14. KeeperTony44

Hello again to all of my friends, and thank you very much for all your recent replies.

Not long got back from my morning exercise, with mum. Dad is now back home but something very strange happened when he and mum walked in the door the other day - I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO JUMP UP AND GREET HIM!!!!! I have to be very gentle, which is not always easy when i am excited. But dad needs to take things slow for a while, which means he can't even take me for my walks and runs. I love going out with mum, and both of them, but i find it quite sad that for now me and dad don't get our outside time together (with exception to the garden.)

Dad is looking and sounding a little frustrated - something to do with not being able to add a photo of me to his profile on here (whatever that means in human language.) I must admit, the new changes to our little meeting place here are taking some getting used to, and i have heard dad say something like "It wasn't broken so why try fixing it!!!" But as long as i can still share occasional photos, and talk with you all then i am one happy Bud.

Some of you have offered caution regarding my upgraded sleeping area outside. Please don't be startled friends. Before dad disappeared he had secured the seat to it's frame so that it hardly moved at all. The slight movement i experience now is really quite a lot of fun, but does not make it difficult at all for me to climb up or jump off. My bed remains nice and dry now it is off the ground, and i still get to lay in the sun on good days. The sun also shines in on my high seat during the evening so i sometimes sneak in there and take a snooze.

I am going to have a lie down now next to dad until breakfast. Hopefully i will have more news to share over the coming days or weeks. Thinking of you all. Have lots of fun but remember to stay safe.

Bye for now.

Your friend Bud.x

15. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hello Bud,

So glad to hear your dad is back home again. You must have been very pleased to see him - but how frustrating not to be able to JUMP UP! I simply can't help bouncing up and down and jumping when my special people come to see me. Mum says I should have been called Tigger, but I'm not sure why. :confused: She tries to make me calm down, but I get so excited I just have to bounce, so she tells me to keep all four paws on the floor. That's really difficult ... I just try not to jump on Tuppy, though.

We've had a lovely time helping mum in the garden and also just lazing in the sun watching mum do all the work. She sometimes seems to re-arrange all the pot-moving that Tuppy's done. Something really interesting has happened, though. Water has started trickling up through a big round, flat stone. Tuppy was a bit scared at first and kept rushing to have a look, then backing off, but I was really brave and soon found it was a good place to have a drink! :D Sometimes it's not working, though, because mum can turn it off.

I'm sure your dad will appreciate you just snuggling close and keeping him company. Perhaps it won't be too long before he can go for a little walk.

Meanwhile, take care, Bud, and enjoy your lovely garden seat. Tuppy sends lots of licks too.

Wispa x

16. KeeperTony44

Hello Wispa, (and return licks to Tuppy),

It's such a naturaI action for us isn't it, jumping up and down with mad excitement? I am such a lively pup and whenever mum or dad are nearby i love to just follow them around and then jump and lick and offer my paw and bounce about some more. They say 'DOWN' quite a lot and i lay down quickly because i understand this word. But then i jump back up and do it all again:p

I get the impression that we all take great pleasure sharing gardening duties with our parents. I know Pongo has very green paws and delights his mum and dad with his helpful efforts; Mira helps her mum, and you, and especially Tuppy, enjoy assisting in your own ways. I take great pride in picking up gloves and small gardening tools, and running around the garden with them until i find a better place to drop them where they are in no-one's way. But i am most helpful when i carry soil or bulbs or green bits of plants from one area of the garden, to another place in the garden, though i tend to also chew these if i can get away with it as they are tasty!!! Grass is rather nice too isn't it? Even dad, when he could run around after me, was not fast enough to stop me grabbing a mouthful of grass as i am running.

I like the sound of this stone that creates water whenever your mum brings it to life. She must be very clever Wispa. Hopefully Tuppy will start to copy your bravery and enjoy the new drinking area. We have a couple of additional water sources which i cannot reach. These are filled and refreshed often but only the birds are allowed this water.

Well my friend, i am going to join dad outside in the gazebo and sneak a little snooze. After maybe investigating some of the stones in our garden to see if they release water!

It is always a pleasure talking with you Wispa. Take very good care of yourself and Tuppy. Have a lovely night.

Bud.x

17. sunsetpines

sunsetpines Registered Users

Hi Bud!!!
    I'm so glad your mom finally brought your daddy back home - you must be so relieved!!! I'm not supposed to jump up either....not on mommy, or daddy, or all the people on the street...why do you suppose they don't like us to jump anyway??? How else are we supposed to clean their ears?!?!?!?!
    Things are going good here in Iduho...the grass is getting tall (I like to eat it too Bud...but I just eat the top parts myself), and just the other day....one of the mamma ducks came out of her hiding spot, and she has BABIES!!!! :eek::eek::eek: 5 of them...Mommy keeps saying "LEAVEITBELLA" and "NODUCKS"...but I like them...and they make squeaky noises like my toys....I just WISH she would let me play with them....
    My daddy has been making a terrible racket out in the yard lately....he takes this really loud machine and goes back and forth and makes wonderful soft dirt....and then....he tells me I can't play in it...:confused::confused: I don't know what he's up to....but he's doing a lot of it these days. I need to go investigate when he's not watching I think.
    OH YEAH....I almost forgot....Bud, do you have THUNDERSANDLEYETENING in the YewKay? The other day when mommy was driving home after werk....the sky was very dark and angry looking. When we got to our house....it started to rain...and then....OHMYGOSH BUD...there was this giant brite light across the sky....and moments later at terrible rumbling sound....I WAS SOOOOO SCARED....I ran as fast as I could to the house, and mommy brought me inside....I kept trying to look out the window and see what was happening....the rain was coming down so hard I really couldn't see very much.... It kept doing it over and over again....giant cracks of light in the sky....and then terrible growling rumbling noises....Even my big brave sister Crystal didn't like it....but she just waited on the couch. Mommy said it was THUNDERSANDLEYETENING and it happens when the clouds get mad and have too much energy. I don't know what she means really...but it was something else. It happened all evening long, and even after we had to go to bed. I kept making sure mommy was ok overnight, by waking her up until later when she said Crystal could sleep in our room too. Usually Crystal sleeps outside, and sometimes on the couch....but mommy brought her in to our room for sleeping that night...and I was glad. It hasn't done it again...but mommy said it will happen a few times every year.

Well, I better go make sure daddy doesn't need any help with his cardboard. Please take good care of your dad so he can get back to some nice walks with you soon. Daddy's are important to us...we have to take good care of them to make them last!

Your friend,
    Bella

18. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Hi Bud, and hello everyone!

It's good to hear you've got your dad back again, mate. Where has he been? Has he told you anything about it? Did he bring any FOOD back with him?

I have been very, very helpful in the garden, although mum doesn't know it yet. Ages ago before it got all cold and wet (remember then?) I watched mum putting lots of little sticks into the ground. She calls them PLANTLAYBELLS and they are everywhere. they just stick out of the bare ground.....I'm sure last year there were plants there, but they've all gone away now for some reason. Anyway, over the last few days I've been going around the garden when she isn't looking and picking all the PLANTLAYBELLS up, and putting them in a nice neat pile in the corner where mum will find them soon. I think she'll be very very very pleased with me helping to tidy up.

I like being a good helpful boy. I deserve some dinner now, don't you think?

Speak soon, Bud. Give your dad a tummy rub from me.

Pongo

19. KeeperTony44

Good Morning Bella from a very wet UK.

It sounds like you are having a lot of fun playing in long grass, and trying to play with the squeaky ducks! I try to eat the long grass whenever i can sneak some into my mouth, but the grass in the garden gets cut before i have too many opportunities.

I was sorry to hear that you get scared by the noisy roars in the sky and the bright streaks of light. I haven't experienced this thunder and lightning recently but i do remember it from when i was smaller. It made me jump the first time but afterwards i just got on with my night and didn't let it bother me. I think mum and dad expected me to be scared also when there were all these mini explosions in the sky (something called FIREWORKS.) But instead i just looked up at the sky and basically shrugged my shoulders with what dad would call indifference.

I still cannot jump up and play like i usually would with dad, and i think it is because mum says he is still recovering. I have to be as gentle as possible. More generally Bella i think, because i am a strong pup and very lively. jumping up can hurt mum and dad if i get too crazy. If i am out and were to jump up at strangers they may not be too happy with me, even though all i am doing is saying hello, and let's play.:) Dad has said i can be very "in your face" at times, and i think this means i need to calm down and allow people their space.

I hope you, and Crystal, and your parents are enjoying these changes in the weather and the wonderful way the land around us looks more colourful and smells much more sweeter.

Lovely to hear from you and yes, i will do my very best to look after dad.

Keep safe and well my American friend. Have lots of fun.

Bud

20. KeeperTony44

PONGO!!!!!!!!!! Hey mate. It's been a while. Sorry about that but things here have been a little strange.

Dad didn't bring any food back with him when he returned to us (i know, disgraceful isn't it?:)) Apparently though he was in a place they call a HOSPITAL which i think is like a vets but for humans. The food there he has said wasn't anything he would have felt comfortable bringing home for me, and i detected a note of humour in his voice. Food is food isn't it mate - i am sure i would have enjoyed it.

I am sure your mum was so very proud of you for tidying up all of her plant labels. If they are what i think they are, then they name the plant that is growing in that spot. Surely your mum knows what every plant and flower is and doesn't need to keep little labels around to remind her. They are just tempting us to pluck them out of the ground and place them somewhere else where they don't get in the way. Or maybe Pongo, it is a game your mum plays where she is expecting you to remove these labels to test your intelligence. I bet she has put them back now hasn't she?

I got called a new word the other day. GRUMPY!!! I get called it now and again when i make these new noises, normally when things don't go my way. Have you ever come across this word?

I also have heard mum and dad talking about possibly introducing a new dog to our family. Not yet, maybe not even until next year, if it happens at all. From what i am hearing when i am quiet and listening intently, they are concerned that i am not socialising enough with other dogs, which in part is due to my behaviour. They are discussing the options of me having a companion to play with and maybe even learn from - not a pup but a more grown up dog, but also maybe a smaller dog. It all sounds really exciting for the future if it does happen, but for now i am very, very, very, happy and content with my life so they don't need to worry about me.

Not sure by the way mate if can give dad a tummy rub - even when he is well again i think it might hurt just a little bit. When we used to wrestle he made strange noises if i pounced on his tummy. I got the impression that it did not feel like the tummy rubs i receive.

Well, i am off for a snooze. Fantastic to chat with you mate. Keep doing what you do best - be yourself. Stay well and safe.

Your friend Bud