Bud's Story (an ongoing diary)

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by KeeperTony44, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Re: Bud's Story (an ongoing diary)

Merla, that's good news about the light coming back! I know when I was very little there didn't seem to be much light at all; then it started getting lighter and lighter and that was good. But then when it started getting darker again I thought that was it... that we were going back to the dark days. So glad to hear that the Light Days might come back again soon!

Pongo

2. KeeperTony44

KeeperTony44 Registered Users

Morning to you Merla. As always it is a real pleasure to meet another new friend. I am really enjoying these little chats because it gives daddy chance to relax a little, and me time to also take a little time to rest from my exercise. It also provides me contact with many pals like me. I see lots of people when we go out ( and i have to wonder how they manage to walk so fast with only two legs!!)but the few dogs we come across don't have too much time for a little 3 month old like me. I know as i get older my legs will be able to run faster and join in with many more games, but i get tired very quickly right now and prefer to take things slow. Daddy tries to run with me, and behind mummy when she is on her legs which look different to daddy's....they seem to go round and round and very fast. I soon catch up but need a drink after and a rest.

So these dark days will be greeting me for a little while then? I am sure i will get used to this. When i first wake up i cannot see too much for a few seconds, but this doesn't last long because even at my age i can see better than my parents in this darkness. May i ask...what is this "warm sausage"that you speak of? Is it by any chance FOOD? I know daddy is trying to prevent what he calls bad habits by giving me human food, and he especially avoids letting me eat from his hand. Mummy sneaks the occasional morsels into my bowl when i am not looking which gives me a surprise when i return to my bowl. I know this fishy thing they call a sardine is a human food but it is, i think, a healthy addition. I like this very much. But tell me more about this sausage please because my nose is twitching and my tongue is sensing i am missing out. I am aware that i will be introduced to new food at meal times very soon, and i think it has to be slowly brought into my diet to allow me to adjust to it. And then of course there is this thing called a Kong, and a treat bone which i am eagerly anticipating. Daddy has been talking about "home made treats" to place inside my Kong.........mmmmmmmm, maybe he is finally going to relax a little with his 'No Human food,' rule. I know he wants the best for me....but i want to enjoy as many tastes as possible.

My mummy has to go away today and tomorrow....i believe it is her workplace she goes to for a few hours. But then i notice i see her all day for a couple of days which is fantastic. However, i sense mummy is not too well but she is strong and always makes an effort to do what needs to be done to help provide for our little family.

Oh well, think i will take a snooze, And later i will get under daddy's feet, or sometimes i watch with interest when he is busy. He does so many cool things. I think also i will be spending a little time in my very own room this afternoon - they call it my training. And now this gate thing has been placed in the doorway i feel i may be placed on my own for very short periods of time. Hmmmmm, i hope not for too long.

Bye bye for now Merla. Stay safe friend.

Bud.x

3. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Hi Bud! Me again. Listen, the 'human food' thing is something you need to work on. My mummy and daddy started out very strict about this, but it didn't take long for me to wear them down. Now nearly every night here is what happens. I have my own dinner first. This is mainly kibble but always with a little bit of something interesting mixed in with it, which they say is to 'get me used to different tastes' and which I say is 'just lovely'. Sometimes it is just meaty juice (they call it 'stock') and sometimes it is some green things called 'vegetables', sometimes it is some lovely raw egg and SOMETIMES - if I'm lucky - it is a range of other things called 'leftovers'.

Then, they sit down and have their own dinner on trays on their laps in front of that thing in the main room that has pictures on it and makes funny noises (do you have one of them?). At first, like I said, I wasn't allowed near them. But I have managed to train them so that if I lie down, very quietly, and don't make a fuss, and just stare up at them with the puppy-eyes that we've all perfected, then every now and then a morsel comes my way. The trick here is that you mustn't beg! You don't get anything if you beg, except stern words. And you MUST NOT try to sniff their plates. You have to be lying down, very good, very quiet. Then after a few minutes of being very good and very quiet something nice happens. My mummy quite likes this, because she knows that I will now lie down nicely whenever she asks me to (even when I'm too excited to pay attention to any other so-called 'command' (bless 'em!), because lying down nicely nearly always results in something lovely.

Anyway, Bud, give it a go. It is worth it for human food; some of it is quite odd but most of it is very tasty. (But stay away from anything that they call 'curry'.)

Speak again soon
    Pongo

4. Debs

Debs Registered Users

[quote author=Rosie link=topic=8427.msg119631#msg119631 date=1414238286]

Anyway, Bud, give it a go. It is worth it for human food; some of it is quite odd but most of it is very tasty. (But stay away from anything that they call 'curry'.)
    [/quote]

Bud, Pongo is right! Be very careful what you try and eat ::)......last night Mummy and Daddy had the food called "curry", I had a good lick of the plates that are put in the thing in the kitchen that has lots of lickable things in it that are "dirty".....yikes, I'm glad I had plenty of water to drink afterwards. Mummy seemed to find it very funny :eek:

Have fun today, Maisie x

5. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Oh boy, oh boy. Today, we went to a magical place called "the butcher". You should have seen what they had there! The smells were to die for and, although I had to stay outside with daddy, every time that door opened, I knew that inside was the place the humans call "heaven". Mummy was inside for AGES but when she came out, she brought a lady to see me. She said she was the butcher's wife and she smelled absolutely magical. She gave my mummy a huge bag of food for me. I like that lady a LOT. I made sure I gave her extra special wags and licks.

When we got home, Mummy took everything out of the bag and started putting it into individual parcels. I was so excited with all the smells I could barely sit still, but I tried my hardest not to jump up and when I sat quietly, I was given some tasty morsels to try. I can't wait for when I'm allowed to try all of the different types of meat, but Mummy says I have to wait a bit longer until I'm a bit more used to the chicken and rabbit I have already and then I can have some beef and pork, too. Oh, boy, I feel like the luckiest girl alive!

All that excitement has left me a bit sleepy. Time for my afternoon nap.

Speak soon,

Willow x

6. KeeperTony44

Hello friends. If i say your name if you would be so kind and step forward and give a little bark i can address you. Thank you kindly. ( i think i am learning a lot of talking skills by watching daddy write. He writes a lot, which i think is what he is doing when he is tapping away on this metal object. Mummy has asked him how the story is coming along and he says it will be finished in time to wrap and send for Christmas. I don't quite understand all of that but it is fun watching his fingers move.)

Pongo my friend. You seem to be most fortunate to have so much wonderful food to eat. And all because you lie down quietly and behave perfectly. I actually do exactly the same as you, after my parents ask me once or twice. I tend to sit in front of them, or at the side of the table, depending on where they are eating, and simply look at them. Some times i whimper with excitement because i like what i smell, but for this i am asked to "go and lie down, please." I receive a "Good boy" afterwards when i do. I don't think they like me staring right at them whilst they are eating. Am i begging by doing this i wonder? Is it bad manners? I don't quite know, but i lay down and normally have a snooze, occasionally waking to look at them with eyes saying "smells really nice. Can i try some.......please?" What i have noticed happens is a tasty morsel or two appears in my bowl when i am not looking. More often than before so maybe daddy is accepting what mummy does, and maybe he has listened to you all and realised there is room for him to.......i think the word is compromise.

This "curry" stuff you talk about, my mummy had this made for her the other week. I think it was her birthday...is that a celebration, a time for getting something special? it sounded like he had made her some special food she really likes. I have got to say the aroma was divine. Sadly it was not on my own menu in any small way, but it sounds like that was a lucky escape for me.

I also believe that once i get my Kong, and treat bone, i may be able to eat inside, providing i am very good and patient. I eat my meals outside, but i never get wet, and i like going out there. A bit of private time where i have a roam around the garden in between portions of food, depending upon how hungry i am.

Anyway Pongo. I appreciate your advice, as always. Keep well matey. Catch up soon.

Bud.x

Maisie.....hi there. Hope your day has been good to you. You describe a thing in the kitchen that we don't have here. All of those lickable items are placed in water out of my reach and either mummy or daddy do something to them that takes away all of the nice stuff that was on them. How do they do that as i don't see their tongues come out?

I was briefly called "naughty" today. I had my first trip to the room beyond the gate, a room with more of my toys, and a larger bed than my second one in the living room. The scary thing that used to be there which took away my freedom as i could not get out, has disappeared. And i am very pleased. However, when the gate closed and daddy went away i got scared and done a little wee on the floor. And then i went onto my new bed and thought that was another place to water. I knew it was wrong but it just happened. Daddy wasn't gone long, and i was a little worried what he would say. He looked at me, said i was naughty, took me downstairs where i went to my other bed, and then he went away again for a short time. Once he returned he would not talk to me for what seemed like ages, but when i sat at his feet and asked for his lap he picked me up and i had a nice relaxing snooze.

I know i must try to get used to being on my own, but it is going to take me quite a while i think. At least my parents are giving me time, They are not rushing me or telling me off badly. That's good isn't it?

Lovely talking with you Maisie. Have fun until we chat again.

Bud.x

Willow...good evening my young friend.

I am so JEALOUS right now. I hope we have one of those "butchers" and "butchers wife." Then i too can experience those smells and tastes. I do love chicken, this much i am aware of. I have not eaten rabbit. I think, if i am hearing my parents correctly, daddy is just concerned for my health and is a tiny bit worried about feeding me stuff that might make me poorly. I know he doesn't want me to miss out on all the varieties of flavours that are out there.

My tea time soon (what some of you call dinner i think.) And mummy will be back from her workplace so we will all be a family again. I noticed daddy taking something out of a rather cold place in the kitchen earlier....i stood by the door when he opened it. Ooooh it was so very cold. I wonder if food is in there. And if so, will today be the day i get a little something extra to try?

Right, i must go Willow. Hope you enjoy your nap. Talk with you soon.

Bud.x

7. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hello Bud, Tuppence here today. Wispa has told me all about you. I'm glad to hear you've already trained your mummy and daddy to get you a Kong. I'd do anything for some treats in mine.

Do you really roam around the garden when you're eating your food? My mummy bought me a special grassy-looking bowl because she says I eat too quickly. Once my bowl is put down for me I just can't help gulping down all the yummy food. I even try to get Wispa's too sometimes, as she never tells me off - mummy says she's too kind to me. Wispa has a grassy bowl too, but I can eat faster than her.

Just make sure you don't lick anything nasty out in the garden. I found something recently that gave me tummy ache and made me dribble lots, but I don't know what it was. Mummy says I'm a naughty scavenger and must be more careful.

It's such tiring work training these humans, isn't it. I hope you're having lots of rest as well as lots of fun.

Tuppence x

8. KeeperTony44

Hi there Tuppence. Great to finally meet you. Wispa told me about you....you had been to the vets the day Wispa and i were introduced. Is everything ok?

You have no treats in your Kong? Have you eaten them already?

To answer your question, unless i am really, really, really hungry, i tend to eat some of my food, and then as i am outside i like to have a quick run up the garden and back, and sometimes just roam around in the leaves ( which my parents seem to keep removing from my mouth when i try to chew them.) Then i return to my food and wash it down with lashings of water.

Thank you for the warning about being careful what i lick in the garden. I've been poorly once, and it was because i actually managed to eat something i shouldn't have....a rare occasion when i managed to sneak something into my mouth unnoticed. I haven't done it since. But now i have discovered sticks so these are all the range with me at the moment.

I think i done something else naughty this evening. Me and daddy were playing, and then he made a sound like "OUCH", and playtime stopped. He was holding his hand and i think my growing teeth had caused his pain. He wasn't mad, but was quiet for a while. I get quite.....manic is a word i have heard mummy use, at times. And then i lie down and fall asleep almost immediately.

Really lovely to speak with you Tuppence. Rest and play well. See you soon.

Bud.x

9. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Hi Bud - I remember learning that too! Shall I tell you what the problem is? Well, you know how if you nip your own paws or legs it doesn't really hurt? Here's the funny thing.... humans are different!!! Yes!!!! The poor things don't have any fur, and their skins are soooo thin and tender, that when we give them just a loving nip it really does hurt them. Isn't that just WEIRD?

So, you have to learn just how hard you can nip (not very) before it hurts them. With a bit of luck your mum and dad will give you really clear signals whenever you've gone too far (they'll yelp and won't want to play any more); you'll soon figure out what their limits are. I feel so sorry for them sometimes - they have so many handicaps compared to us. But we love them, don't we?

Good luck figuring this one out, Bud. Hope this has given you a few hints.

Pongo

10. KeeperTony44

Thank you Pongo. Always appreciate your wisdom. They use the term "gently" quite a bit and i am beginning to understand what this means. But when i am excited i sometimes forget that we have extra protection, and my playfulness can be intense.

Daddy is ok now it seems. His tapping tells me he can move his fingers.

By the way, before i go.....guess what i found in my bowl earlier. It was meaty, extremely scrumptious, and i found out afterwards that it was a whole SAUSAGE. Oh yes. I have been given my first taste of this amazing food. And it was daddy who gave it to me. I have succeeded in training him to my way of thinking.

Off to dream about more exciting foodstuffs. Nite nite mate. Catch up with you soon.

Bud

11. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Hi Bud!
    My name is Lilly - I am a bit older and wiser ;) than you as I am four and a half in human years.

I allow my mum and dad to use my bed at night but during the day its mine, all mine :)

[​IMG]

Sometimes they mistakenly shut the door to my bedroom though. Oddly it often happens after we have visited the woods or the beach. I sometimes wonder if it is something to do with me having fun with rolling around in things like Mr Foxy Poo, or Dead Fish, or Rotting Seal Carcass. I'm not sure why exactly, can't see it myself, but I'm often humiliated in the water room box where I have the awful Champ Poo applied to me and I get sprinkled with warm water. It's very undignified. I suppose its worth it to get to my proper bed, but I don't really see the need......

I don't get on here very often, particularly at the moment (mum blames it on her "work") so I might not be able to see all your stories.
    I wish you luck training your mum and dad right though.....its quite fun trying to work out what Makes Them Tick.
    If you have any questions, there is always someone around to help.
    If the 'puter isn't lit up, then its handy to send messages through The Lambie Network. You do have a Lambie don't you?
    All the older forum dogs have one - its pretty helpful :) You can see two of mine in the picture on the right hand side (Barry and Truffle Lambie).

Good luck Bud. Be in touch!

Lilly xx

12. KeeperTony44

Hi Lilly. Really good to meet you.

Four and a half........that sounds quite a bit older than me. I'll be 13 weeks exactly tomorrow. Is that what they call a birthday??? One a week would mean something extra special every week. Got to be worth looking into.

So, those huge,comfortable cushion things taking up a lot of space in that upstairs room is actually our bed? I don't remember saying to mummy and daddy they can sleep there whilst i have the cosy yet smaller option downstairs. Hmmm,i think i need to have a little bark or two with them and ask what is going on.

Sounds like you go out a lot and get really dirty. I don't know if i would enjoy rolling about in nasty stuff. Maybe as i get older my thoughts on the matter will change but at the moment i like to feel clean.

May i ask, What is the Lambie Network? I can see your lambies, and i have a huge one that is much bigger than me just waiting for my attention in the room i believe is all mine. I just haven't spent much time in there as it makes me uncomfortable being away from my parents. That's a part of my training which i have every day.....but maybe i am training them to get used to being apart from me, and they just can't resist checking up on me to see if i am ok?

Well, i am going to go and have a before breakfast nap whilst daddy watches that big screen with moving people and objects that talks to him. No idea how they all fit in our house and yet they never come to say hello to me. (Oh and Pongo, if you're listening my friend, then yes, apparently we have one of these things too. Sorry i forgot to answer your question yesterday.)

Sorry Lilly.....just wanted to fit that in whilst i remember. Look forward to further conversations whenever you are able to drop by.

Stay well and have fun.

Bud.x

13. KeeperTony44

Today i am 13 weeks old!!! I think there is going to be something added to my breakfast but i don't know what it will be. There is a round thing on the wall above the back door which i hear tells the time, whatever that means. And during the early part of the day it makes a certain sound, similar to a noise i hear out in the garden at times. When i hear this sound i know it is my breakfast time. Can't wait.

Yesterday i think i upset daddy because he went to a lot of effort to change my room to make it more friendly for me. But i still was naughty in this room, and quickly ran away and downstairs afterwards thinking i would be told i was a "Naughty Boy." Instead though daddy just stopped talking to me for a very short while and then he held me in his arms. I heard him and mummy talking, and there was something about a complete change in his thinking. This must be good because i sense they only want me to be happy and comfortable.

Earlier this morning a man came with lots of things in "bags." There were some very nice smells coming from these bags but i have learned not to poke my nose in too far. I wonder if there is anything for me in there?

Oh well. Off to play until meal time. Wishing all my friends and their parents a really good day.

Bud.x

14. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Happy 13 week birthday Bud! I hope you have a lovely day and get "spoilt rotten" by your mummy and daddy. "Spoilt rotten" is something I have heard my daddy say is happening to me. I don't understand it. I don't feel rotten at all, especially when mummy is giving me lots of cuddles and treats!

Today has been a fun day so far! I have had a couple of REALLY good naps which have meant I have had loads of energy when I've woken up. Zooming around the house, jumping on Mummy when she's tapping away at that silver thing she keeps on her lap. It's been awesome. And, because I've been so much fun, Mummy hasn't been able to do as much tapping and has played with me loads. She has a strange habit of sighing and muttering a word I don't understand, "work", when she puts the silver thing down, but I forget all about that when she's throwing me my ball or playing tug of war with me.

She's spent some time with me today doing that fun stuff with a little box that makes a clicking sound that means a treat is coming. I like that box a lot and get ever so excited whenever I see it come out. For a few minutes, though, she was clicking it while I was attached to her by a rope. I do not like that rope one little bit. It stops me going where I want to go! I tried to chew through it, but I think I need more time.

Lunch time was awesome today. I had a chicken wing. It was deeeeeeelicious! Mummy was a bit scared the first time she gave me one, but I've had a few now and I get quicker each time at crunching up the lovely bones. I get to sit in my crate while I have it so I know no-one is going to take it away from me. I know mummy has done lots and lots of reading up on the best foods for me, so she knows that it won't hurt me.

Talking about food, I had a real result this afternoon! I was standing up at the edge of the sofa to see if there was anything on it for me and there was a little plastic box there! Of course, I knew that it must be mine because otherwise would I be able to reach it? So, I grabbed it and it tipped. A little red ball tipped out and rolled onto the floor. I chased it around for ages, picking it up in my mouth and throwing it around. I bounced at it, I growled at it and Mummy sat there laughing. Eventually, I must have bitten it a little bit harder than before, because it sort of popped and this runny stuff came out in my mouth. It was sort of sweet and really nice, so I licked and gently chewed the ball for a bit longer before gulping it down. Mummy said that it was a "cherry tomato" and that it wasn't supposed to be for me. She then moved my box off the sofa so I can't reach it anymore. She must be saving them for me for later.

I was a bit confused earlier when I was dashing around and jumping on everything. Mummy said I was "full of beans" today. But I haven't had any beans to eat. I think she may be going a bit soft in the head.

15. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hope you've had a good 13 weeks day, Bud, and that there really were some lovely things for you in those bags.

I'm feeling really well now, but I had to go to see the nurse person this morning to see if the funny scratch on my tummy is ok. Usually I travel in my crate next to Wispa's in the car, but mummy had taken the crates out so that I had more space to lie down. As usual, she said 'stay' when she opened the boot, but she needn't have worried. I wasn't going anywhere. I did my very best to curl up in the back corner of the boot, so two kind people came to try to get me out. Well, that just made me curl up even smaller, as far into the boot as I could get. One of the kind people went to find some treats (the ones I normally have for being good and going straight onto a strange wobbly platform just inside the door), but I was really clever and ate the treats without going near the edge of the boot. Eventually they lifted me out anyway, but I think they now realise that although I love treats I will NOT be bribed!

I still have to be 'kept quiet', but I don't know why. It does mean that those lovely cold Kongs are still being kept ready for me in the big white thing in the kitchen. Now I have two places to sit by and look cute when I think I have been good: the 'dog' cupboard with our treats and the big white thing with our Kongs. Wispa always gets the treats first because she's 'senior dog', though she's not quite two years older than me. I always get to the cupboard door first, though, so is that fair?

It's now time for my evening snooze. At last I've decided I can curl up in the plastic bed near mummy's 'desk' like Wispa does, rather than just grab the lovely soft mat in mine and charge around the room with it. I hope all that tapping that mummy is doing will lull me to sleep soon.

Hope you've had a lovely day.

Tuppence

16. KeeperTony44

Thank you Willow. Today has been such a breeze of a day. And i do feel like i have been spoilt even more than usual.

After the man had delivered all those bags this morning of goodies that smelt really nice, i watched daddy take the items out of the bags and hide them from me in all of these different places. If they are for me why can't i have access to them? They open and close these door like structures quite regularly and then they start eating the contents they take out. I hope they aren't eating my food, especially as they are still in the early stages of offering me morsels of theirs.

As i hoped, my breakfast tasted sweeter than normal, with this white mixture flavouring my main meal. Daddy called it plain yoghurt and from what i can understand there is a possibility it might prevent me causing him and mummy to choke.....no idea what that is all about. They wrinkle their noses at times and say my name.

Your mummy sounds like she is as busy as my daddy. Does she tap quickly Willow? My daddy tends to tap consistently but at a steady pace, and then he speeds up briefly. I just look at him and think to myself "Do you have to make so much noise? I am trying to sleep." He only taps when i am resting. The rest of the time he is either playing with me, letting me sleep on his lap, or playing with items around our home that bemuse me.

Today he was moving these objects over the floor, and i started chasing them, and growling at them. One almost stuck to my leg, and i growled even harder. Then i saw some paper on the floor disappear beneath this object. Wow. Where did it go? And then there was this other item that created a kind of fog. The rooms had a lovely aroma afterwards but i really don't know why he goes to all of this trouble.

Your mummy uses a clicker does she? My parents have one but haven't seriously used it with me yet. They have been trying voice commands and hand gestures. I think i am quite hard work but i know they are pleased with how i sit and offer my paw before each meal, and before any treat they reward me with. When daddy puts out my main meals, i sit patiently whilst he mixes it all up in my bowl, and then after a very short while, and another sound from that object on the wall, i offer my paw again and then thrust my nose into my food. Scrummy!

I never used to like being attached to the rope, but we have two different things that my parents take me out for walks with. Mummy has something similar to the rope but is still fairly restrictive. Daddy has something that lets me feel like i have more freedom, but he controls it really well when i am near areas called "roads." Apparently these can be dangerous so be very careful Willow when you come across these. I love taking these walks out as there are so many new smells and sights. And lots of people though not all of them want to say hello to me. I notice also that daddy shakes a little (that's what it looks like when people approach us.) But he always keeps alert to what i am doing. I always feel safe with him and mummy.

You had a whole chicken wing? Lucky you. I have not been introduced to bones yet. Mummy and daddy have mentioned this word a few times so it might be something i try in time. I think bones can be sharp can't they, and i suppose there is a worry i might hurt myself. But like your mummy, daddy puts in a lot of reading, always wanting to learn what is best for little old me, but also realising the end result lies with me and how i take to new foods.

It sounds like you have a fabulous family, and you have plenty of fun, and cheeky moments which our parents can only laugh at. Isn't life just great being a puppy?

Well, i am going to go and hide one of my toys in the garden, and return with a stick.....my new favourite plaything. Daddy keeps throwing them back in the garden but i love this game he plays. I fetch it, or one similar, and return it to him in the living room. So far, i seem to give in first. This cannot last. There's none of that wet stuff in the air at the moment so i can run quicker in the garden. Do you have any of that water that falls from the sky? We are in.....(daddy is trying to tell me).....the UK. The North West. Means nothing to me but i am not human.

Have a lovely night Willow my young friend. Look forward to chatting with you again.

Nite nite.

Bud.x

17. KeeperTony44

[quote author=Granca link=topic=8427.msg120104#msg120104 date=1414432776]
    Hope you've had a good 13 weeks day, Bud, and that there really were some lovely things for you in those bags.

I'm feeling really well now, but I had to go to see the nurse person this morning to see if the funny scratch on my tummy is ok. Usually I travel in my crate next to Wispa's in the car, but mummy had taken the crates out so that I had more space to lie down. As usual, she said 'stay' when she opened the boot, but she needn't have worried. I wasn't going anywhere. I did my very best to curl up in the back corner of the boot, so two kind people came to try to get me out. Well, that just made me curl up even smaller, as far into the boot as I could get. One of the kind people went to find some treats (the ones I normally have for being good and going straight onto a strange wobbly platform just inside the door), but I was really clever and ate the treats without going near the edge of the boot. Eventually they lifted me out anyway, but I think they now realise that although I love treats I will NOT be bribed!

I still have to be 'kept quiet', but I don't know why. It does mean that those lovely cold Kongs are still being kept ready for me in the big white thing in the kitchen. Now I have two places to sit by and look cute when I think I have been good: the 'dog' cupboard with our treats and the big white thing with our Kongs. Wispa always gets the treats first because she's 'senior dog', though she's not quite two years older than me. I always get to the cupboard door first, though, so is that fair?

It's now time for my evening snooze. At last I've decided I can curl up in the plastic bed near mummy's 'desk' like Wispa does, rather than just grab the lovely soft mat in mine and charge around the room with it. I hope all that tapping that mummy is doing will lull me to sleep soon.

Hope you've had a lovely day.

Tuppence
    [/quote]

Tuppence, hello to you.

It sounds like you don't like visiting the nurse person - is that why your curled up as far to the back of the boot as possible to try to avoid that person? I am sure you are aware that they are only trying to help you.

We don't have a car so i have never had the option of trying to hide. When i was taken to the dog doctor for my injections i was carried in this special bag over the shoulder, which let me poke my head out and sniff the air around me and look at all the new sights. I liked the dog doctor - he was gentle and talked to me nicely. I can't say i liked the sharp thing that was stuck in me but i think i was brave.

What do you mean when you say you have to be "kept quiet?" Are you not allowed to talk? (our parents only recognise this as barking.) I don't know if i would like to never be able to talk to my parents or my friends.

I am still waiting for my Kong, and treat bone. It sounds like they will be worth waiting for. To answer your question - with Wispa being older than you, maybe age comes first in your family so even if you arrive at the food doors first, maybe Wispa is still entitled to the treats before you. Our humans refer to something called "respect for your elders." Maybe by letting Wispa receive treats first you are showing her respect.

I hope when you read this you have enjoyed your little snooze. I do find the tapping, which we all seem to be experiencing, does start to sound almost musical and i sleep to its sound. However, it would be nice once in a while to have complete silence.

Goodnight Tuppence. Catch up soon.

Bud.x

18. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Hi Bud

Just a quick note to say happy 13 week day! Mummy has just got back in from a really really long day at work so I can't talk for long, I have to go and make her play tuggies and then share her dinner and then curl up next to her on the sofa. I know it is my job and expected of me!!

Speak soon, Bud

Pongo

19. lemmys mum

lemmys mum Registered Users

Bore DA Bud from Lemmy in South Wales. That's hello in welsh How's it going Bud? You still on sardines I loves anything fishy I do mummy reckons I'm half seal I been to school today with lots of other puppy's one rather attractive cockapoo caught my eye as she was wooly just like my fave bear Mummy seemed a tad worried I'd try and " special cuddle" puppy but I know these things can't be rushed so started our courtship with bum sniffs as I'm a classy sort of pup. Hope your looking after your human it can be a worry they seem so sad sometimes I find doing the cartoon eyes and a head tilt makes them smile and a paw on knee can cheer my Mum right up and gets me head kisses ( my weakness) and even cheese sometimes. Well its way past there bed time and I can't settle till they do the bedtime ritual so I'll sign of Bud mate but will be reading your blog with interest ( OK Mummy reads it to me but only coz my paws is just to big for the tablet. Xxxx

20. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Hope Bud had a great Birthday x