Bud's Story (an ongoing diary)

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by KeeperTony44, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Re: Bud's Story (an ongoing diary)

Well hello young man, my name is Casper and I am quite a bit older than you, you are just a young pup...I remember being a little pup...but only just, it was a long time ago and so much had happened since then.

I am not sure what to call my humans, they are different to my original humans....they smile a lot and have gentle voices...are your humans like that too? I have to listen hard to what they say, and watch them carefully...you see you can never be sure with humans, but maybe I am just an old cynic.

Well I think it is tea time here...just for now a bit of advice, wag your tail A LOT..the new humans seem to like that...even when my tail knocked a mug of the sofa...they just smiled...didn't shout at all....so if in doubt just wag your tail...a lot. :) :)

2. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Hi Bud - I'm glad that you have discovered how to help your parents in the garden with the bulbs. My mum and dad spend a lot of time in the garden so I make sure I am as helpful as possible. They are very generous to each other, because mummy is always saying "Pongo, why don't you go and help daddy now?" and daddy is always saying "No, no, Pongo, you stay and help mummy, she needs you more". I think it means they love each other a lot, which is nice.

I am very good at "weeding" (that means digging around in the soil really hard wherever their hands are); and "pruning" (that means biting all the plants growing in the ground, especially the ones that mummy calls 'fragile' and 'precious'), and "planting plants" (which means taking all the plants that mummy has hidden for me around the garden and digging them up and leaving them neatly at the side of the flower beds so mummy can find them in the morning). And when I'm tired I find which bit of garden they are digging around in and lie down exactly where they are working. They seem to like that a lot because they call my name out really loud.

It is getting dark really early now, isn't it? I'm still full of energy, but it's too dark to take mum or dad for a walk. Oh well, I'll just have to do my crazy running round the sitting room instead. The corners seem to get tighter and tighter as I get bigger but I've not completely wrecked anything yet. Plenty of time.

Speak later Bud
    Pongo

PS I'm glad you've met Casper, he is GREAT! I had such fun with him when we went on walkies together a couple of weeks ago.... although he did want to play a funny game of jumping on my back a lot, which was a bit strange. But he is one of my best friends now, along with Benson of course.

3. KeeperTony44

KeeperTony44 Registered Users

[quote author=Beanwood link=topic=8427.msg120703#msg120703 date=1414690640]
    Well hello young man, my name is Casper and I am quite a bit older than you, you are just a young pup...I remember being a little pup...but only just, it was a long time ago and so much had happened since then.

I am not sure what to call my humans, they are different to my original humans....they smile a lot and have gentle voices...are your humans like that too? I have to listen hard to what they say, and watch them carefully...you see you can never be sure with humans, but maybe I am just an old cynic.

Well I think it is tea time here...just for now a bit of advice, wag your tail A LOT..the new humans seem to like that...even when my tail knocked a mug of the sofa...they just smiled...didn't shout at all....so if in doubt just wag your tail...a lot. :) :)
    [/quote]

Hello Sir,

Thank you very much Casper for dropping by to talk with me and share your wisdom.

I sense that possibly when you were younger that your "humans" as you call them did not have kindly voices and smiley faces. Is this why you are a cynic?) (daddy says this is someone who finds it hard to believe or trust.) My mummy has a youthful voice which is always friendly and playful. And she always smiles. My daddy is very softly spoken, but if i am being called "naughty" his voice will show authority. But i never feel scared by his voice. I just realise i have done something wrong. Not long after daddy speaks softly again. He does smile, and laugh, and pull funny faces, and i feel very lucky to have both of my parents.

I do wag my tail a lot. And i chase it. Did you ever do this?

Thank you again for paying me a visit. Keep safe Sir.

Bud

4. KeeperTony44

[quote author=Rosie link=topic=8427.msg120707#msg120707 date=1414692013]
    Hi Bud - I'm glad that you have discovered how to help your parents in the garden with the bulbs. My mum and dad spend a lot of time in the garden so I make sure I am as helpful as possible. They are very generous to each other, because mummy is always saying "Pongo, why don't you go and help daddy now?" and daddy is always saying "No, no, Pongo, you stay and help mummy, she needs you more". I think it means they love each other a lot, which is nice.

I am very good at "weeding" (that means digging around in the soil really hard wherever their hands are); and "pruning" (that means biting all the plants growing in the ground, especially the ones that mummy calls 'fragile' and 'precious'), and "planting plants" (which means taking all the plants that mummy has hidden for me around the garden and digging them up and leaving them neatly at the side of the flower beds so mummy can find them in the morning). And when I'm tired I find which bit of garden they are digging around in and lie down exactly where they are working. They seem to like that a lot because they call my name out really loud.

It is getting dark really early now, isn't it? I'm still full of energy, but it's too dark to take mum or dad for a walk. Oh well, I'll just have to do my crazy running round the sitting room instead. The corners seem to get tighter and tighter as I get bigger but I've not completely wrecked anything yet. Plenty of time.

Speak later Bud
    Pongo

PS I'm glad you've met Casper, he is GREAT! I had such fun with him when we went on walkies together a couple of weeks ago.... although he did want to play a funny game of jumping on my back a lot, which was a bit strange. But he is one of my best friends now, along with Benson of course.
    [/quote]

Hi Pongo,

You have been for walkies with Sir (Casper). You must feel so privileged and in awe of spending time with such a wise older dog. I envy you being able to meet your friends, but i know i will eventually meet others like me when i am out walking, and running. I like to run a lot, and sometimes pull mummy and daddy if they are going too slow.

Your mummy and daddy sound really sweet and devoted to each other, and you. I think my daddy is the one who puts all the bulbs into the ground, and buries them ready for me to dig up. I hear both mummy and daddy discuss where bulbs and plants are going to be, but i think daddy is the one who makes everything grow, whenever this is going to be. I didn't know that the empty area was a temporary bed for us puppies-it looks like so much fun to roll about in all that soil. But won't it cling to my coat and get taken inside the house? Unless this is my way of helping remove some of the soil so they can put in those bulbs immediately. Hmmm, something for me to think about.

Yes you are right Pongo, the darkness is certainly arriving quickly, but have you noticed that the mornings seem to be light earlier than the other week? Wish it would make its mind up. I still go out for a walk at night, sometimes i walk daddy, other times he walks me. Some nights we meet mummy at this place where there are lots of boxes on round things....."What's that daddy? Oh right"........apparently they are wheels that go round and round, on these things called buses. No idea how that all works. I like the night times, and going out for nightly walks, even though they are mostly short.

You do the "mad half hour" running too. Isn't it just the best way to release all that energy.

Well Pongo, i am going to say goodnight now as you may be in your bed by the time i next get to say a few words. Or i might simply be asleep myself. I still like to sleep a lot, and now my parents have accepted that having my own little room is not for me, i get to always sleep with either mummy or daddy. I think, when i can confidently get from the upstairs room all the way to my corner of the garden, without any accidents, then maybe i will get to sleep with both mummy and daddy. Early days yet but a puppy on a mission is a puppy to watch and believe in (wow, i sound very clever and wise.)

Nite nite Pongo.

Bud

5. Rolokris

Rolokris Registered Users

Hello Bud,

My name is Rolo and me and you are the same age give or take a few days. I can't believe what amazing things your mummy and daddy treat you with, all I get is my crunchy stuff as treats and I am sure it's the same stuff but softer for my meals. I did get a taste of something different last night tho when I went to school for the first time and my teacher gave me a treat that was in the shape of a bone. Boring mummy swapped the nice treats for the boring ones I always have.

Things aren't all that bad tho I have 2 big humans, mummy and daddy and then 2 small humans at home. They take me for nice short walks and play football in the garden with me which is great fun, the big humans are very slow but the smaller ones are a bit faster but they can't keep up with me.

I have never tried a kong that has been in the big white box, would it take me longer to eat all the treats out of? I don't know what you mean by a 'tapping box' my mummy doesn't use one of these she does spend a LOT of time with the small thing she shouts into and sometimes I hear my daddy inside the small thing, how did he get in there? Is that where he goes all day?

Well it has been nice chatting with you Bud. Take care. Hope to chat again soon.

Rolo

6. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hi Bud,

So you've got a Kong! Well done! You're obviously training your daddy and mummy very well. We've had lots of Kongs during this last week because our mummy is still trying to 'keep Tuppence quiet' after her visit to the vet. When mummy freezes ours she puts them into an old plastic box that used to live near the white thing that she puts our beds and blankies in (just as we've got them smelling really doggy). She then gives us one each when we're in our crates and it takes us ages to find the lovely bits of carrot and treats, all frozen in peanut butter and water. I quite like having to set an example to 'keep Tuppence quiet' as is seems to mean that I have more treats.

Gardening is good fun, isn't it. I used to help my mummy a lot with the pots, weeding them and emptying out the earth for her. I'm not sure why she got so cross, as I always spread the earth out as far as I could. If the pots were made of chewy stuff I helped by making them look pretty, too, making patterns on them with my teeth. Mummy didn't seem to appreciate my efforts, though, and daddy just found it funny. Now I've trained Tuppence to do the same, but she hasn't practised as much as I did, so most pots seem to be where mummy put them.

We had lots of fun recently when mummy and 'our boys' pruned the fruit trees. We helped pile up the branches ... or rather we tried to put the pile in a different place. Mummy got cross again because we're not allowed to play wih sticks really. Tuppence looked really funny trying to drag a big branch along. - even mummy had to laugh. Oh, you know you mustn't eat the bulbs, don't you. Mummy says we mustn't eat anything in the garden, but it's hard to remember, isn't it.

I hope you've had a lovely day. I'm going to have my evening snooze now, as I've just been out in the garden and it's too dark to play. Tuppence says night night too.

Wispa

7. KeeperTony44

Good evening Rolo,

Great to meet another new friend, and one who is only three days younger than me. Forgive me if this is short but i am currently "fighting" with my cuddly bear toy-what is left of it. I am desperately eager to get at the little bear daddy placed inside but it is proving so very hard. Yet providing plenty of activity.

Daddy did try using my meal food for treats once or twice but i think i heard him say that i deserved better than to be cheated. Now i get different food for treats but they are all made for puppies. Except for the food in my Kong. It is still mummy who will sneak human food into my bowl on rare occasions. It sounds like your mummy is making sure you remain on healthy puppy food only - maybe she worries like my daddy, though he is adjusting.

Small humans! What are they? My family consists of me, mummy and daddy, and that is how i like it. They kick balls around with me, and throw smaller balls. We play chase and even though i am always quicker on my feet, they put up a worthy challenge!

The nice stuff inside a Kong, when it first comes out of the box, are harder than they would normally be. But they soon become easier to eat. We just don't get the food all at once so we can't gulp it all down in one go.

So no tapping in your house. How do you sleep at night without that music? I hear mummy sometimes on that small thing. I sniffed it but could not smell her. I could see her at times but she wasn't moving. Very strange.

Anyway, i think daddy is about to tidy away my toys. Once he has done this i am going to play the "i found them game." He sometimes growls, but in a nice way. Makes me wag my tail fast and run in and out of the rooms.

Bye for now. Keep well. Chat soon.

Bud

8. KeeperTony44

[quote author=Granca link=topic=8427.msg120724#msg120724 date=1414697906]
    Hi Bud,

So you've got a Kong! Well done! You're obviously training your daddy and mummy very well. We've had lots of Kongs during this last week because our mummy is still trying to 'keep Tuppence quiet' after her visit to the vet. When mummy freezes ours she puts them into an old plastic box that used to live near the white thing that she puts our beds and blankies in (just as we've got them smelling really doggy). She then gives us one each when we're in our crates and it takes us ages to find the lovely bits of carrot and treats, all frozen in peanut butter and water. I quite like having to set an example to 'keep Tuppence quiet' as is seems to mean that I have more treats.

Gardening is good fun, isn't it. I used to help my mummy a lot with the pots, weeding them and emptying out the earth for her. I'm not sure why she got so cross, as I always spread the earth out as far as I could. If the pots were made of chewy stuff I helped by making them look pretty, too, making patterns on them with my teeth. Mummy didn't seem to appreciate my efforts, though, and daddy just found it funny. Now I've trained Tuppence to do the same, but she hasn't practised as much as I did, so most pots seem to be where mummy put them.

We had lots of fun recently when mummy and 'our boys' pruned the fruit trees. We helped pile up the branches ... or rather we tried to put the pile in a different place. Mummy got cross again because we're not allowed to play wih sticks really. Tuppence looked really funny trying to drag a big branch along. - even mummy had to laugh. Oh, you know you mustn't eat the bulbs, don't you. Mummy says we mustn't eat anything in the garden, but it's hard to remember, isn't it.

I hope you've had a lovely day. I'm going to have my evening snooze now, as I've just been out in the garden and it's too dark to play. Tuppence says night night too.

Wispa
    [/quote]

Wispa, hello to you,

I still sometimes wonder who is training who in our home. There are times i think i am training them and doing quite a good job. And then there are days where i sit and think "Am i the one doing all the learning?"

Apologies if i keep this short, but i am getting really tired now. I enjoy talking with all my friends, but i never knew that chatting can be so exhausting.

I am aware that bulbs should not be eaten. And anything in the garden i think...dirt, flowers, leaves, branches, mummy's and daddy's fingers when we are all playing outside!! I try to remember but i still have a young mind. When i am out on my own playing-the other thing i am happy doing alone for short periods of time-i do forget what i should and shouldn't eat, or even bring into the house. But daddy always takes it out of my mouth gently and returns it to where it belongs. He's good like that. We have some softer flower pots but i haven't really been interested in them just yet.

It must have been so funny watching Tuppence dragging a big branch. I can imagine trying to do so myself and getting lost underneath it.

Right, i think i am now going to finish up with my chats for the night. Wispa, as always it has been a huge pleasure, and i am sure we will chat more very soon. Goodnight to you, and nighty night to Tuppence. Sleep well.

Bud

9. KeeperTony44

YAWN!!
    My first official night last night in the parental chambers. My bed is set up in there, and a little play space down the side of the huge cushion on legs. However, mummy gives me the option of curling up at her feet , which means i sneak closer through the night.

A slow and relaxing morning today. Mummy has gone out and i miss her a lot because she is not always here to play with and cuddle with, and i like the way she does those things. Daddy says she will be home later so that is good.

Something new has appeared along the sides of our garden pathway. If i wanted to i could chew it but i don't think it is a toy. It stops me playing with the little stones that daddy says are temporarily covering some bulbs until they start to sprout next year...he says it worked well before and is looking forward to tulips, daffodils and crocuses lining the pathway. I don't know what they are but i hope i can play with them.

Yesterday i said to you all that i no longer have my own room. Mummy and daddy tried their very best to make me comfortable in there but the room scares me so much. It is not dark, there is fresh air when i need it, and toys and my bed, but as soon as i start walking towards this room i get scared, and this then makes me have an accident which i know is naughty. Daddy talked to mummy on that little box in his hand and they agreed that it was unfair to cause me this distress any longer. I am much more happy and comfortable in any other room of our home and they are letting me have the time to find my own favourite places.

Listening to my parents talk it sounds like they think it might be that i associate the room with a place where i have been told i am naughty and i don't want to go to that place. It could be also that nasty big crate that so many puppies grow to enjoy-but i did not like it. I used to bite it, jump against it, have accidents in it and cry and cry and cry. Mummy also said that it is possible i am sensing something else in this room. Daddy i think is open to the idea but for now keeping a ............"what's that word again daddy?"..........practical mind.

Anyway, time to go and see what help i can offer in the garden whilst daddy is resting. I must be able to find something to bring in to make daddy jump up and down with joy :) I also need to find my Kong....it is hidden somewhere i know it.

Bye for now. Be safe all.

Bud.x

10. KeeperTony44

TREAT or TREAT :) :D ;D

Daddy thought it would be a good idea to go round my friends here and see if any treats were available.....apparently this happens every year. He said that he has changed a word to guarantee me a treat. I think this is cheeky but he is doing it for little old me.

Mummy and daddy have been talking about taking me out soon to a place where there is lots of grass for me to run around on, without that restriction they connect to my collar. I will get to run as far as i like as long as i can still see them, and that i return to them when they call me. Why would i want to go away from them? Maybe it's a game.

Something weird happened a little while ago. A thing crawled along the floor and daddy leapt out of his seat. Mummy laughed and i smacked it with my paws and then ate it. Mummy tried to take it from my mouth but i was too quick for her. I don't feel ill so i don't know what all the fuss was about.

I will say goodnight now as i want to cuddle with mummy. I think daddy is going up to bed soon as he has been making lots of strange noises from his mouth, pulling strange faces, and holding his body. Mummy says he is not well. I wonder if this is like my tummy ache when i got this? Giving him lots of licks.

Night night friends. Keep safe.

Bud.x

11. Rolokris

Rolokris Registered Users

Good morning Bud,

Sorry to hear your daddy might not be feeling well. I know you will look after him with lots of licks. Sometimes my mummy comes down in the morning from wherever she goes at night and she looks like a monster with her fur she has on her head all over the place and she doesn't seem to smile as much. I can make her smile tho by licking her and running around. This morning it was dark when I needed to go outside, I too am confused with the whole dark light thing. My mummy took me for a walk last night when it was dark and there were so many people out on the street, I wasn't keen at first but soon lots of people were giving me strokes and I like that. My small humans looked different too very strange. When we returned from our walk I noticed 2 orange things were sat outside my door and they were very ugly, I showed them who is boss tho I gave them a big growl, that will teach them.

My mummy has been talking about letting me off my lead when we go somewhere safe, I know she is worried about this but I think she may be coming round to the idea. She now has to convince the biggest of the small humans I will be ok. I heard them both talking the other day and the small human started to cry and panic I think she thinks I will run away from them and the small humans love me so much, I know this because when I am sleeping they always wake me up for cuddles, mummy tells them off for this tho.

Well I have gone on and on so I will speak to you soon Bud, hope your daddy soon feels better. Have a good day.

Rolo

12. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Why on earth do they always think we'll run off? We puppies all know that that's the last thing we want to do when we are little... why would we want to leave The Pack? Now that I'm older, of course, it is different and I do want to go off exploring on my own.... I can tell you about that another time... but when I was littler I would never want to do that.

Oh these silly humans. I'll never understand them.

Pongo

13. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hello, Bud, it's Tuppence here again. I hope your daddy is feeling better. As Rolo has said, lots of licks will help, but don't wake him up if he's asleep!

I found a yummy black thing recently too. Mummy wasn't happy when she found it under the edge of the door and it ran when she tried to catch it. She had to stamp on it and that was when I saved the day. I quickly gobbled it up, all but two legs, while mummy was looking for something to pick it up. You would think she would have been so pleased, but she shouted "No!" and wouldn't touch me for a little while. Very strange ...

Yesterday evening Wispa and I had a real treat. Mummy decided I can go upstairs again, so instead of having our yummy Kongs in our crates for a while we went upstairs with mummy and looked after her while she watched another screen, not the one she taps on. I gave her lots of cuddles - I'm not allowed on the furniture really (only on the 'dog sofa') but it seems that if I'm really careful I can pretend I'm not there.

I hope you've found your Kong. Wispa and I always look forward to settling down in our crates for the night, as we know mummy will have put something yummy in our Kongs to settle us down.

Have a lovely day.

Tuppence

14. KeeperTony44

[quote author=Rolokris link=topic=8427.msg120929#msg120929 date=1414823642]
    Good morning Bud,

Sorry to hear your daddy might not be feeling well. I know you will look after him with lots of licks. Sometimes my mummy comes down in the morning from wherever she goes at night and she looks like a monster with her fur she has on her head all over the place and she doesn't seem to smile as much. I can make her smile tho by licking her and running around. This morning it was dark when I needed to go outside, I too am confused with the whole dark light thing. My mummy took me for a walk last night when it was dark and there were so many people out on the street, I wasn't keen at first but soon lots of people were giving me strokes and I like that. My small humans looked different too very strange. When we returned from our walk I noticed 2 orange things were sat outside my door and they were very ugly, I showed them who is boss tho I gave them a big growl, that will teach them.

My mummy has been talking about letting me off my lead when we go somewhere safe, I know she is worried about this but I think she may be coming round to the idea. She now has to convince the biggest of the small humans I will be ok. I heard them both talking the other day and the small human started to cry and panic I think she thinks I will run away from them and the small humans love me so much, I know this because when I am sleeping they always wake me up for cuddles, mummy tells them off for this tho.

Well I have gone on and on so I will speak to you soon Bud, hope your daddy soon feels better. Have a good day.

Rolo
    [/quote]

Good Afternoon Rolo

Thank you for your kind thoughts for my daddy. He doesn't seem any better today so forgive me if i am a little quieter as i want to stay by him as much as possible.

Daddy doesn't have much fur on his head, but mummy has a weird furry look when she first comes downstairs. Then it all seems to disappear when she goes to her workplace.

I think i have been able to convince my parents, with help from my friends on here, that it is safe to let me off this lead thing that keeps getting mentioned, and i won't run away. I can understand why they worry though because when we are walking near busy places where metal boxes speed past me, i do sometimes almost rush onto that part of the walking area. Daddy is very quick at preventing me from straying into danger, but it does show that i like to run off. Still, i like being close to my parents, and i expect them to run with me and play chase, or play with a ball.

I will say goodbye for now as daddy is looking very tired and i want to devote some puppy love to him, after i have said my other hello's. It is always a pleasure talking with you Rolo.

Until the next time. Have fun and be safe.

Bud

15. KeeperTony44

[quote author=Rosie link=topic=8427.msg120934#msg120934 date=1414827088]
    Why on earth do they always think we'll run off? We puppies all know that that's the last thing we want to do when we are little... why would we want to leave The Pack? Now that I'm older, of course, it is different and I do want to go off exploring on my own.... I can tell you about that another time... but when I was littler I would never want to do that.

Oh these silly humans. I'll never understand them.

Pongo
    [/quote]

Hey Pongo,

Hope you are well and been up to plenty of mischief as you take control of your household :)

You are right, our 'humans' as you call them do worry for no reason. We know that during our little years we need and want to be close to the safety of the pack, and i still crave this closeness. They on the other hand have to be taught, and gently relieved of the pressure and worry they put on themselves. They only want the best for us, but i think they forget at times that we know what is best.

Give them time. They will eventually catch up.

Have a great day mate.

Bud

16. KeeperTony44

[quote author=Granca link=topic=8427.msg120936#msg120936 date=1414828295]
    Hello, Bud, it's Tuppence here again. I hope your daddy is feeling better. As Rolo has said, lots of licks will help, but don't wake him up if he's asleep!

I found a yummy black thing recently too. Mummy wasn't happy when she found it under the edge of the door and it ran when she tried to catch it. She had to stamp on it and that was when I saved the day. I quickly gobbled it up, all but two legs, while mummy was looking for something to pick it up. You would think she would have been so pleased, but she shouted "No!" and wouldn't touch me for a little while. Very strange ...

Yesterday evening Wispa and I had a real treat. Mummy decided I can go upstairs again, so instead of having our yummy Kongs in our crates for a while we went upstairs with mummy and looked after her while she watched another screen, not the one she taps on. I gave her lots of cuddles - I'm not allowed on the furniture really (only on the 'dog sofa') but it seems that if I'm really careful I can pretend I'm not there.

I hope you've found your Kong. Wispa and I always look forward to settling down in our crates for the night, as we know mummy will have put something yummy in our Kongs to settle us down.

Have a lovely day.

Tuppence
    [/quote]

Hello Tuppence. Lovely to see you again.

Thank you also for your kind words for my daddy.

You didn't manage all of the legs!!! It must have been too quick even for you then my friend. I do find it strange how there is so much fuss over these creatures.

Are you saying you got to spend a little time on that special comfy thing they sleep on? Good for you. Like you, i know that i am not really allowed on the main sofa downstairs, but they have given me a place on it just for me. It has a different pattern on it though to match my paws. I think it works well because this part of the sofa is longer so there is room for me, and mummy who is on the top end where the cushions are.

I did find my kong, and it had something different in it this time. Much sweeter, and really, really yummy. But i don't know what it is yet. I am sure they will tell me soon so i know what to ask for in the future. Unlike you and Wispa, it didn't matter what was placed in my crate to try and calm me, nothing worked. I simply did not like being inside there.

Anyway, must go. If we don't chat any more this weekend, then have lots of fun and we will catch up very soon. Say hi to Wispa for me.

Keep safe.

Bud

17. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Hi Bud
    Sorry I've not been in touch for a couple of days... I've been on a bit of a bender. Every now and then mum and dad take me to this fantastic place called Doggy Day Care where I get to play ALL DAY with lots of other dogs - it is just wonderful. And then occasionally the two humans who look after us all at Doggy Day Care take me home with them overnight, and I sleep in their house with the dogs that own them. That's quite fun too (we dogs have a bit of a midnight party after the humans have gone to bed, they never guess...).

I'm not sure what mum and dad do while I'm away, but they always seem OK when they come to pick me up again. I used to worry a little bit about whether they'd be fine without me to look after them, but they always seem to be well (and they are always very pleased to see me again).

So that is where I've been for the last two days and nights. Gosh, I'm tired now! But I'm back on my own sofa now and everything is quiet and calm again - daddy is watching the screen with the pictures (there are lots of animals running around on it - I think he calls them 'horses' although sometimes he shouts at them and their name always seems to be "KUMONMYSUN" or something like that). And mummy is tapping away on the black box and I expect she'll have an afternoon nap later on - maybe I'll curl up next to her then, she seems to like that. It's good to have them both back where I can keep an eye on them.

Have a good day, Bud - hope your dad is feeling better soon.

Pongo

18. KeeperTony44

Hi Pongo,

It's quite alright you know. I understood you being away doing whatever exciting things you do with your days. I know i won't always be able to share my news every day, but that means i will have more to share when i do nip on here and give a bark or two and see if anyone is nearby. All of us puppies, and older dogs, have a lot of responsibilities, some to do with our parents, some to do with looking after our homes, and a lot of the time simply taking some time to ourselves which usually means having fun. Doggy Day Care sounds like fun, as does the midnight party. I don't know how those humans didn't guess the fun you were having. My parents would wake up immediately upon hearing any sound that i make.

My daddy laughed quite loudly when i told him about your daddy watching those horsey animals you mention. He must understand what you are talking about. I see lots of things on that big screen that lights up the room, but i feel it is not for my entertainment. It seems to keep my parents amused though a lot of the time they are not even looking at it. Their smaller screens seem to take up more attention, and when they are both tapping i sometimes have to go over to them both and nudge a foot, or try to jump up on them (not quite got the strength yet to make such a jump.) I like it when they both decide to snuggle together and watch that big screen as that is my time to curl up between them and catch an extra snooze.

Daddy appears to be a bit better today, I suppose it is natural for our parents to get ill and slow down. It's nice though that they always have time for us.

Mummy will be home from her workplace soon. It is around this time i begin to smell yummy aromas from the kitchen as daddy cooks their dinner whilst mummy disappears upstairs to "get work out of her system for a couple of days." Her words and they do not make any sense to me at all. But when she returns she looks fresher and i then find i have lots of time with her.

Right my friend. Back out to the garden to see if daddy has made any other changes. And i left my treat bone out there earlier. Fancy a bit more of a chew.

Enjoy the rest of your day and night.

Bud

19. KeeperTony44

Hello friends

I haven't been my brightest self over the past day. Feeling a little sorry for myself and a little uncomfortable inside my tummy. Mummy thinks it might be the different foods i have been trying, including the occasional morsels she sneaks into my bowl. My main meals have gradually changed over a number of days and now i am on what they are telling me is my regular food. It's really nice, and always has a tiny bit of liquid which fills it with a little more flavour without taking away the crunch i enjoy.

Yesterday i went to a new place for a walk. It was large and had lots and lots of grass. When i went to run i found i went further and further without anything stopping me. When i turned round mummy and daddy seemed smaller and i didn't like that too much so i ran back to them and waited for them to run with me. I didn't feel like running around too much to be honest, but i did enjoy this place and i think i am going there often.

I have a new soft toy to play with now, a bit bigger than my other ones. It has floppy ears and a smiley face but i still like to fling it around and growl at it a little when playing. I keep finding some of my other toys inside which is a clever trick but they are soon scattered over the floor.

Mummy and daddy are saying it is getting colder. I don't really feel the difference in the house. I sometimes like to be out in the colder air when it gets really cosy inside. But other times i love to snuggle in the warm. It's nice to have that mix i think.

Wishing all of my friends a wonderful day. Be safe.

Bud.x

20. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Hey Bud, I was going to send you a message last night, but then I fell asleep. It's so difficult to stay awake sometimes, isn't it?

Yesterday was a funny day. I'm not sure I liked it very much. I went outside first thing and there was lots of rain coming from the sky. Mummy made lots of happy noises and ran around in in, but I wasn't too keen. Then, there a really big blowy thing happened and I got scared, so I jumped onto Mummy's lap for a cuddle. It was like that all day, so I didn't want to go outside. I was good, though, and, even though I didn't like it out there, I still asked to go out when I needed the toilet.

I'm sorry to hear about your sore tummy, Bud. As you know, I had a bit of a squiffy belly for a while. Mummy cut out all new food from my meals, so I just had my biscuits and minced meat, which I've been having since I was really little. It still didn't get better, so she made me some chicken and rice for two days, which was yummy. She also gave me a tiny tablet in the shape of a bone which she said was to get rid of any worms. Funny, I don't remember eating any worms, so I'm not sure how they would have got inside. It tasted a bit weird so I threw it round a lot and in the end she took it away from me. The next thing I knew, she was giving me a lovely lump of peanut butter, which had a funny crunchy bit in the middle that tasted a little bit like that little bone thing. Whatever that was, it made my tummy feel a lot better and since then, I have had a couple of days with only a bit of raw chicken and then two days with a whole wing for lunch again. My tummy still feels really good, and I really enjoy the crunchiness of the chicken bones.

I had a different flavour Kong last night. Mummy says it's because she needs to go shopping as she has run out of sardines. It was very nice, though. She told me it was cream cheese layered with tuna. I took it into my crate to lick it, until it got so empty I couldn't reach the bottom and then I gave it to mummy to hold while I continued to lick it. They are very useful with those "thumbs", aren't they?

Mummy has been very happy with me the last few mornings. She hasn't been to visit me during the night (except last night when I got scared from the wind noises outside) and only gets up to see me when it's light. I don't know why this makes me a Good Girl. Does she not like seeing me in the night time, Bud?

This morning when she got up to see me, she had done something to outside! It was different! It felt a bit colder and wetter on my paws and there was some white stuff coming from the sky. I wasn't sure about it at all, but soon found out that it tastes nice when I lick it off the floor. Mummy said that there will be more of the white stuff coming over the next few months and it will start sitting on the floor a bit more. I wonder who trained it to sit? Does the white stuff have a mummy, too? I wonder if they use clicker training like my mummy.

Well, Bud, it's time for my first morning nap. I really hope that your tummy feels better soon. Are you still looking after your Daddy and giving him lots of licks? I hope he feels better soon, too. Remember your licks are really good for him.

Speak soon, my friend.

Willow x