Bud's Story (an ongoing diary)

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by KeeperTony44, Oct 23, 2014.

1. KeeperTony44

KeeperTony44 Registered Users

Re: Bud's Story (an ongoing diary)

Hello Willow. I hope your evening is treating you well.

Daddy is improving a lot, and i think my licks and cuddles helped a lot.He chased me round and round the garden today as i held onto a football we were playing with. He tends to stop after a while and bend over making a strange noise, but i enjoy our time outside. I saw him put a couple of photos of me on his screen on his lap-he said he was sharing them with close friends and family. I looked at his screen as he was tapping words underneath my pictures. So weird but it keeps him happy i think.

You experienced a very blowy day did you yesterday? That makes me jump sometimes when something in the garden moves when the blowy stuff comes to play. But when i know it won't hurt me i stay outside because i like it out there. Your mummy must be so very proud of you that you let her know that you need to go to the toilet, and that you go even in the rain and WIND as daddy has just whispered to me. Be proud of yourself too Willow. I feel really pleased with myself everytime i go to my corner of the garden. It is partly sheltered from the worst of the rain but i am not there long for it to really bother me. Then mummy or daddy go out there-strange. I thought they have their own room in the house for those things!! When i go back it always smells fresher.

Did your mummy tell you more about the 'worms.' Apparently they are not something we eat. They can already be inside us and make us ill which is why we have to take these things we don't really think is food. My parents are keeping an eye on what i eat and keeping me on specific food for a while to see if my tummy improves. I like the sound of some of the food you eat, and maybe one day i will get a taste of real chicken and bones. I like my food though as i know it is good for me.

So you got to try that cream cheeeeesssseeeee you told me about before. Was it as nice as you expected? I agree with you about their 'thumbs,' they certainly seem very useful. When they pick me up i notice these thumbs are underneath me sometimes but the rest of their hands are above me. Have you noticed also that their feet are different to their hands? Very strange. How do they manage without four paws like us?

I was sad to hear that the noise the wind makes outside scares you. Really glad that your mummy checked to see how you were. I don't get too scared when i am inside the home. There has been some loud noises that have made me jump, something called 'fireworks.' They can be a little scary but i am reassured that i am safe, and normally daddy takes my attention by playing with me or giving me a big cuddle. To answer your question Willow - your mummy always loves to see you whenever she can. But at night time, if you are really good and sleep through the night with out waking up, then this is something that makes our parents really proud. It means everyone has a lovely sleep. When it is light, good things happen like lots of love and company again, breakfast, a walk and all the good stuff the day brings. I suppose i am lucky because i have either mummy or daddy in the room with me at night, and someday soon it will be both of them.

My daddy says he is very jealous. You have the fluffy white stuff that he wants me to see and feel. It sounds really fun and i am really pleased you are enjoying it. I don't know if anyone teaches this white stuff to sit but it is very clever isn't it? I am learning to sit when asked when out on walks. And i sit politely before my meals and offer a paw which gets me a 'Good boy.' If the white stuff does have a mummy then maybe she is like your mummy-patient and devoted. And in return you make her smile and laugh just as much as this white stuff does.

Right Willow my friend, i am going to go and place my cold damp nose somewhere it probably shouldn't go. And i think i am due a little snooze.

A warm goodnight to you. Be safe and don't let the wind worry you too much.

Bud.x

2. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Hello Bud Boy!

I'm Charlie. A right Charlie, my mum says.

[​IMG]rule 11 by julieandcharlie, on Flickr

I'm a big boy - 19 months now. All grown up, I am. I can see you are having a comfy puppyhood, that's great - but get on with training as soon as, no time to waste, really.

Make sure you clicker train them, that's the best. You get lots of treats in the kitchen for doing stuff like "sit" when there is nothing else whatsoever to do, then you ignore them when outside. Brill! They usually respond by giving you more treats for doing stuff when you are bored anyway. It's a real gravy bone train.

And do not ignore the gambling effect - make sure you don't always reward them by doing what they want! You know you've got it just right when they say things like "funny, he usually recalls fine, must use more jackpot rewards in training to tighten that up". That's sweet. Then they continue dishing out the sardines - make sure you reward them enough to keep them hopeful so they keep buying those sardines!

It's dead good fun being grown up - you get to run round, sniffing stuff. And meeting girls (check out that Lady, and Lilly ;) ;) ).

Get your humans hooked on throwing stuff for you, then you always know what they are doing when you take them for a walk. It's best to get them hooked on this while they are still new.

Right, there's a chicken about to come out of the oven so I'll have to go get some while they kid themselves that they are training my magic word - ah, bless, they really think I'm going to leave a dead seagull when they haven't got a hot roast chicken, but it makes them happy. More importantly, I get hot roast chicken. Get the idea Bud?

Here's a photo of me and my best girl, Meg. What a sweetie, eh? :)

[​IMG]IMG_3422 by julieandcharlie, on Flickr

Best

Charlie

3. KeeperTony44

Hey Charlie. Good to meet a wiser dog.

Puppyhood is very comfy, but i think it's because that's how i want it. I should be using that crate thing but my parents know that i don't like it and never will accept it.

Clicker training....that's that noisy little thingy that i heard before treats were offered. I paid no attention to it so they changed to voice commands and hand gestures that works well all round really.

I have my parents well trained i think regarding throwing things either to me, or away from me for me to go and chase and sometimes bring back. You are right, it allows me to always know where they are. And if i leave what they throw exactly where it lands, they then run all the way to me to pick it up for me. That's nice of them i think, and keeps them close to hand just incase it's time for a treat.

Fantastic photos Charlie. You and Meg look really happy, and wow, you can run really fast. So can i but only as far as my little legs can go.

Thank you again for dropping by and sharing some tips, and offering me an insight to adult life. Looks like so much fun is to be had as i get older. But i will first enjoy my puppy days.

Keep well Charlie.

Bud

4. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hello Bud,

I'm glad to hear your daddy is improving. I'm sure all your licks and cuddles will have helped, as Tuppence and I find we can always help our humans in that way. Mummy doesn' seem to appreciate my licks when I've been sniffing something deliciously smelly in the garden, though.

Are you enjoying your new food? I hope your tummy is getting used to it. We have a little bit of liquid on our food, too, and that helps us to lick our bowls really clean and not miss any little bits!

So you've been to a new place for a walk? It's such fun exploring new places, isn't it. I always enjoy my regular walks to the places I know, as I enjoy sniffing to see who else has been there recently, but when mummy takes us somewhere new I get really excited and forget to walk nicely to heel. I can't wait to run free. It can also be a bit scary, though, so I'm always careful not to run to far. I just have to go back often to check on my humans, too, because I would hate them to get lost.

Tuppence is having her nap, so it's my turn to chew the nylabone. Really we have one each, but somehow that youngster always seems to get both, just to tease me, I think. At least you don't have to share your toys!

Have a good evening.

Wispa

5. Debs

Debs Registered Users

Hi Bud, how are you doing? Those pictures of Charlie a great aren't they....he's quite hansome ;)

Do you know I had my 8 month birthday yesterday, I'm getting so grown up! ;D

I've had a funny sort of day really. After all the rain yesterday, mummy thought it would be a good idea to go to the park (I love the park, it has big fields, smelly ponds, rabbit poo and a huge lake), but oh boy it was wet! I ran around with my pals and got super dirty and wet. I heard mummy saying that I would have to be "hosed down", I really don't like that! Anyway, half way round the lake I found a nicely rotting bird, but for some reason mummy wasn't best pleased and shouted at me to leave it! So boooring!! Then I saw a friend just by the end of the lake and I went running off to say hi to him, but I went just a little to fast and fell straight in the lake, what a shock! I looked at mummy and was shocked to see that she was laughing at me and saying that I wouldn't need to be hosed down now!! She's very strange sometimes!

Bud, I had a fantastic Kong when I got back from my walk - tuna and grated carrot, just super scrummy! Have you had one?

It then rained for the rest of the day and we've had something called a storm with lots of flashes of light and bangs, I'm not too worried about it as long as I'm inside the house!

After lots of ball games this evening, I am feeling rather tired and think I will have a snooze near the lovely warm thing that Daddy keeps putting logs on, but I'm not allowed to touch those because they are HOT! I think hot is not good ;D

Have a good evening Bud! Speak soon,

Maisie

6. KeeperTony44

[quote author=Debs link=topic=8427.msg121601#msg121601 date=1415135542]
    Hi Bud, how are you doing? Those pictures of Charlie a great aren't they....he's quite hansome ;)

Do you know I had my 8 month birthday yesterday, I'm getting so grown up! ;D

I've had a funny sort of day really. After all the rain yesterday, mummy thought it would be a good idea to go to the park (I love the park, it has big fields, smelly ponds, rabbit poo and a huge lake), but oh boy it was wet! I ran around with my pals and got super dirty and wet. I heard mummy saying that I would have to be "hosed down", I really don't like that! Anyway, half way round the lake I found a nicely rotting bird, but for some reason mummy wasn't best pleased and shouted at me to leave it! So boooring!! Then I saw a friend just by the end of the lake and I went running off to say hi to him, but I went just a little to fast and fell straight in the lake, what a shock! I looked at mummy and was shocked to see that she was laughing at me and saying that I wouldn't need to be hosed down now!! She's very strange sometimes!

Bud, I had a fantastic Kong when I got back from my walk - tuna and grated carrot, just super scrummy! Have you had one?

It then rained for the rest of the day and we've had something called a storm with lots of flashes of light and bangs, I'm not too worried about it as long as I'm inside the house!

After lots of ball games this evening, I am feeling rather tired and think I will have a snooze near the lovely warm thing that Daddy keeps putting logs on, but I'm not allowed to touch those because they are HOT! I think hot is not good ;D

Have a good evening Bud! Speak soon,

Maisie
    [/quote]

Good Morning Maisie,

I am feeling ok this morning. Thank you for asking. My tummy sometimes feels a little weird at night more than any other time of the day, and i think i create smells that don't "smell of roses" (daddy says something like this.)

Sorry i missed your 8 month birthday. You are growing up very quickly. But you are still a pup and we must enjoy our puppy days for as long as we have them.

I think i might have laughed, just a tiny little bit, if i had seen you fall into the lake. When we fall over we do it in very funny ways at times, and i think the looks on our faces also gives our parents reason to laugh. Did you get straight back up, shake all the water off you and carry on with your head held high?

I have tried this grated carrot. Personally - YUCK- i may be quite a fussy eater because if it doesn't have a really good taste then i won't let it in my tummy. And this carrot was not very strong in tastiness. Daddy tried to mix some in with my food but i still left it in my bowl, or as much as i could.

It is really nice to hear that you are having so much play time. We love to be outside don't we, and to be running and chasing and all those things that make us pant afterwards. Then we have good reason to lay down and relax with not a care in the world. I love being a puppy.

HOT is not good you say....i will remember this word and if i hear it then i will stay away.

Maisie, it is always great to hear from you. Have a fantastic day and try to keep out of the lake in the future, unless you would prefer this to the hosing down you mentioned.

Catch up soon.

Bud

7. KeeperTony44

[quote author=Granca link=topic=8427.msg121591#msg121591 date=1415133850]
    Hello Bud,

I'm glad to hear your daddy is improving. I'm sure all your licks and cuddles will have helped, as Tuppence and I find we can always help our humans in that way. Mummy doesn' seem to appreciate my licks when I've been sniffing something deliciously smelly in the garden, though.

Are you enjoying your new food? I hope your tummy is getting used to it. We have a little bit of liquid on our food, too, and that helps us to lick our bowls really clean and not miss any little bits!

So you've been to a new place for a walk? It's such fun exploring new places, isn't it. I always enjoy my regular walks to the places I know, as I enjoy sniffing to see who else has been there recently, but when mummy takes us somewhere new I get really excited and forget to walk nicely to heel. I can't wait to run free. It can also be a bit scary, though, so I'm always careful not to run to far. I just have to go back often to check on my humans, too, because I would hate them to get lost.

Tuppence is having her nap, so it's my turn to chew the nylabone. Really we have one each, but somehow that youngster always seems to get both, just to tease me, I think. At least you don't have to share your toys!

Have a good evening.

Wispa
    [/quote]

Morning Wispa,

Hello to both yourself and Tuppence. I hope your day has started with a brightness in the sky (instead of the rain water that seems to drop on top of us, sometimes without any warning.)

I am certainly enjoying my new meal time food, and that little bit of liquid really does make me want to clean my bowl everytime. I sit and sniff when it is placed in my bowl, and then when daddy has finished (or mummy if she is home) i give a paw which i believe is polite, and then i tuck in. I always wish there was more but i hear them say that they can't overfeed me. I detect that i am supposed to eat a certain amount at mealtimes. I can appreciate this. I feel very satisfied afterwards, but i could still eat more.

I have enjoyed my "running free" time, and it puts big smiles on my parents faces. I have a short walk to get to this green place but i am getting stronger all the time and i am not so tired after the before and after walk. I occasionally try to be cheeky and ask daddy to carry me for a short while. But i can actually manage on my own.

I sometimes wonder if i am sharing my toys Wispa. I can go outside to my corner of the garden, and when i return one or two have vanished! They are not in the tidy space under the table, so do i have an invisible play mate? Mummy and daddy also seem to take great pleasure playing with my toys, with me , but this does stop me having my own time with them. But then i get my turn and i hold on to them tightly until i am ready to give them away.

May your day be a good one Wispa. Look after yourself and young Tuppence. And also your parents. They need us just as much as we need them.

Bud

8. KeeperTony44

[​IMG]P1040731 by literarytony, on Flickr

This is me today. (It might be a small picture as daddy is not sure how to make them bigger on here.)

Daddy asked me "Why don't i smile...i always look sad." I don't feel sad and i am happy inside. What is a smile anyway?

Bud.x

9. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Hi Bud
    Thanks for sending us a photo - it's good to know what my friends look like! Here is a photo of me, taken a couple of months ago when I was 8 months old. (Mum says you have to click on the row of black marks below because she doesn't know how to put a photo into this message. I don't know what she's talking about but maybe your dad will know.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ap3tae7oqlfldnj/1comfy sit on terrace.JPG?dl=0

And here is a photo of me when I was really young!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyzgl0vamgh5lzc/IMAG0083.jpg?dl=0

I hope those work!

Pongo
    xx

10. KeeperTony44

Hi Pongo,

Wow!!! You are really big and mature. And you still have about a month to go before you are 1 year old don't you? Am i going to be this big? (Daddy just said to mummy we need an extension. I need a house of my own!!)

Really good to finally "meet you " my friend. And you look really sweet when you were little. Not sure if you like being called sweet now you are older but i am sure everyone used to say it to you.

Daddy is trying the same thing as your mummy did, but he is using his Flickr (don't ask. I have no idea.) It is the same photo but will show me much more clearly if your mummy can see it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/9459721@N07/15530388059/

Off to spend time with mummy now before she goes to her workplace. Take care matey.

Bud.x

11. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Hi Bud,
    You are growing :) you are very handsome :*
    I have been out with my dog walker human - Faye - today. She usually takes me out twice a week, but mummy is poorly so I am going out with Faye every day this week :) I got very wet and muddy playing with all my friends today :)
    Here is a photo of me when I was little:

[​IMG]
    Watching animal rescue on TV by ternayacummings, on Flickr

And this was me on the weekend:

[​IMG]
    DSC_1667 by ternayacummings, on Flickr

Mummy says if your dad opens the photo on flickr by clicking on the arrows, then press close. There should be a box at the bottom with an arrow in it, click on this, then select the 'grab GTML/BBC code', then chose the size (mummy uses 369x640), then select and copy the code then paste onto here. Hopefully that makes sense to you......I don't understand it but mummy uses it a lot to show everyone who I am :)

Anyway, I'm off as mummy has just given me a kong with a new smell inside......she says it's tuna and carrots, yummy, I'm sooooo excited

Bye for now,
    Harley

12. KeeperTony44

[​IMG] ,

Hi Harley,

Daddy says thank you to your mummy for the helpful tip on adding a larger picture of me. This photo is about a week old but i like it because i seem distracted by something and therefore am ignoring daddy!!

Thank you very much for the kind words. My parents say i am adorable so i must be all the nice things people say to me. You look lovely, fit and healthy yourself. I see you have one of those little balls too. How many have you chewed up so far? I am on my second batch of three i think.

Enjoy your kong....i don't like carrots but that is just me. Fussy. And daddy says to make sure you look after your mummy whilst she is poorly. I had to do the same for daddy not long ago. Give mummy lots of attention. I hope she gets better soon.

My mummy has now gone to her workplace. I cried for a short while but daddy soon helped me cheer up. Going to have a nap now though and let daddy get on with his household things. I might wake and follow him around later but for now i need to close my eyes.

Catch up with you soon.

Bud

13. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hello Bud,

Wow, you look really cute in your photos. You remind me a bit of my old friend Callum. He must have been very like you when he was a puppy. He was a very old dog when I knew him and one morning my mummy found him lying very still by my crate. I haven't seen him since.

It's lovely lying in he sun, isn't it. Our mummy keeps thinking she will try to post photos of us, but hasn't tried yet ...

I wonder where your toys are going? We're not allowed to take our toys into the garden unless our humans are with us because they disappear too. Tuppence must have been naughty, though, and taken our new nylabone outside, because all I can find are the two chewed ones which are now rather small. Sometimes we find strange toys outside - mummy says, "Oh look, another present from the foxes!" I think those foxes are the funny-looking dogs I have to rush outside and bark at when it's dark. Do you have foxes in your garden too?

Have fun today, Bud.

Wispa

14. KeeperTony44

So.....after another regular long sleep in my parents chambers(daddy thinks this is too posh a word but i like it) he must have heard me starting to wake up because the door opened and there he was looking like he was about to lay down next to me in my bed!!!! (well, i guess it isn't exactly mine but i feel i must protect my new found cosiness!) I was pleased to see him and was slowly creeping forward towards him with my tail wagging. He picked me up in his arms and took me downstairs (yes i could have walked down them but he knows that when i am still waking up that i can be a little bit slow.) Once my feet were back on the floor i raced for the back door and out to my corner of the garden. And then i saw it. This white flowy stuff was flying all around me. I tried to catch it but i could not grab it, even with my growing sharp teeth. I then realised it was coming out of me!! Coooooooool, i think. Daddy gave me a cuddle and said something about it being "a tad nippy out there this morning." If that means cold why does he not just say cold. Nippy doesn't make sense because i saw no teeth anywhere that might have nipped me.I wasn't feeling cold. My parents can normally tell if i am. I make it quite clear to them.

Anyway, whatever this white stuff was, it disappeared when i got back into the house where i can definitely feel a different kind of warmth. Really cosy. Going to my own little bed now for an extra snooze till breakfast.

Bud.xZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

15. KeeperTony44

[quote author=Granca link=topic=8427.msg121823#msg121823 date=1415259893]
    Hello Bud,

Wow, you look really cute in your photos. You remind me a bit of my old friend Callum. He must have been very like you when he was a puppy. He was a very old dog when I knew him and one morning my mummy found him lying very still by my crate. I haven't seen him since.

It's lovely lying in he sun, isn't it. Our mummy keeps thinking she will try to post photos of us, but hasn't tried yet ...

I wonder where your toys are going? We're not allowed to take our toys into the garden unless our humans are with us because they disappear too. Tuppence must have been naughty, though, and taken our new nylabone outside, because all I can find are the two chewed ones which are now rather small. Sometimes we find strange toys outside - mummy says, "Oh look, another present from the foxes!" I think those foxes are the funny-looking dogs I have to rush outside and bark at when it's dark. Do you have foxes in your garden too?

Have fun today, Bud.

Wispa
    [/quote]

Wispa, good morning.

I was going to have another quick nap but i could not ignore your message to me. Daddy said you would understand but i said "No, it's ok. I'll snooze after breakfast." I think he heard me.

Thank you very much for the nice words. Sorry though to hear what sounds like something sad about your friend Callum. I am sure wherever he is now he is the same old friend you remember.

It certainly is nice laying out in the sun. We don't get a lot in our garden, and daddy says this is because of the time of the year. He says i will experience lots and lots of it next year. Can't wait. There is a lot of brightness that shines though into our house, and i lay on my part of the sofa and enjoy this extra warmth.

I wonder why we are not allowed to take our inside toys outside? I do bring them back...................................well, sometimes i do. Daddy brings them back in for me when i forget, but sometimes he puts them in this white box (yes another box. They have so many of these things.) And i don't see them again for quite some time, except for if i watch them through the glass as they go round and round. When i do get them back they are softer and smell fresh. Was that really necessary?

I still don't know where my toys disappear to Wispa. But they suddenly just appear again which is magic isn't it? You talk about a nylabone....daddy is looking at me with a strange look on his face. Maybe he has never heard of such a thing, or maybe he calls it something different. It does sound like Tuppence though has cost you the loss of your newest one. I wonder what she done this time.

I haven't seen any other creatures in our garden except the birds. And daddy has said there is a squirrel nearby but it hasn't yet investigated our garden. I will look out for this and see if it wants to play with me. Mummy and daddy sometimes talk about another house, and i have heard mention of foxes and badgers. I don't think they go to this house now but it sounds like it had these creatures you talk about. I am happy to share our garden with the birds and this squirrel, but too many more outside invaders will make me cross.

Anyway, time for breakfast. Wispa, have a lovely day and we will talk more when we both can. (And Tuppence...try and be good for mummy.)

Bud

16. KeeperTony44

17. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Hi Bud
    You've done great work with all that paper. I do the same for my parents. They appreciate it very much and they call it 'pre-recycling'. Once I've prepared it nicely they pick it up and put it in a pink bag and a big truck comes once a week to pick it up.

A couple of days ago I went SWIMMING. Have you been SWIMMING yet, Bud? I didn't learn how to do it until I was about four months old but I love it now.... only we don't very often find places where there is enough water :(. But this week I found a new POND (my friend Holly told me where it was) and I took my other friend Mabli and we went SWIMMING lots and lots and lots. It's great!

Pongo

18. KeeperTony44

Hi Pongo,

Thank you mate. I was rather proud of myself.

I have not heard of SWIMMING at all. You do it in water you say. (Looks up at daddy with questioning eyes????) Hmmmm, he is saying strange mumbo jumbo things again and doing silly things with his arms and hands. I will assume that it is some kind of walking or playing, but it is done in water. I have splashed around in "puddles" before and had baths, but this is the only water i have been "IN." Sounds like brilliant fun though Pongo and i am sure i will be introduced to this swimming at some point in my early life.

Thanks for the quick chat.

Bud

19. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Hey Bud!

I asked Mummy about the lines and she says she thinks if you look at the post and see a bit that says [/url , it needs to have the end of it put on so it is [ /url ] (but without the spaces).

It looks like you had great fun with all that paper! I love paper too, but we don't have a hole in our door. Sometimes Daddy comes in holding paper in his hands but I don't normally get that. They do give me special things, though. My little sisters, Fidget and Twitch, are too little to go outside to use the toilet, so they have to go in boxes in their bedroom. It's very strange. But the wood chip stuff that goes in the boxes comes in a big paper bag and when there's an empty one, I get to shred it! I normally take it to my crate so I can do it in peace, but then I like to take little bits out and leave them on the floor as presents for Mummy and Daddy.

You need to tell your daddy not to worry about how excited you get when playing with your toys. You know the difference between a toy and a person so you won't growl and snarl at them, will you? Even when you're playing tug with your daddy, it doesn't matter if you growl a bit because it's all part of the fun! My mummy makes a growling noise when playing tug with me to let me know it's ok to pull. When she stops, I know I have to let go. I don't make a noise though because I like to stay quiet most of the time.

I have a new contraption in the living room! It's like my crate but a bit smaller and softer. Mummy says it's a travel crate for going in the car. I have a long trip to go on next weekend and they say I'll be safer in there than in the foot well of the car. I'm not sure I'll like that, yet, because I like being close to Daddy's feet, but I don't mind sitting in it when we're in the house. I keep finding little treats in there which is fun, so I have to keep popping in to check if there's any more. Mummy says we'll take it out this weekend for some short trips to get me used to it.

Pongo, SWIMMING sounds fun! Mummy says there are lots of places to SWIM here when I'm big enough to go outside on my feet. She says they will be very cold at the moment, though so is worried I will get too cold if I get wet. I wonder if she's just being a worry-wort or if she needs to watch out for me getting too cold because I'm still little. It is cold outside. The places where there are bits of water have gone hard. It looks like water and smells like water, but I can't drink it and if I lick it, my tongue gets really cold.

Right, I'm full of wakeyness now so I want to jump on Mummy until she plays with me.

Speak soon!

Wx

20. KeeperTony44

Hi Willow,

Daddy says thank you for trying to assist him. He says he has looked at his post and can't see where he needs to make the addition - maybe his eyes are just too tired because i don't think he had a very restful night. He says it's not a problem though...he will just try to be more careful if he posts any new photos in the future.

Daddy mentioned to me a little while ago that you were soon to be going on a journey. I think you are going to really enjoy yourself, and there is plenty of room to run and play so i believe. Don't worry about the new "contraption" (that's a cool word.....i must remember this.) You have shown great bravery and an ability to adjust to smaller spaces already - look at how well behaved you are in your crate. Unlike me who has made it very clear that i don't like being behind bars. Your parents want you to be safe and comfortable when you go on your trip, and i think you will cope very well indeed.

You don't have a hole in the door for all the paper to come through? You are missing a great game. Sometimes when this paper appears on the floor i get the chance to pick it up and run into the kitchen or the garden with it, and mummy or daddy come and chase me. It is really good fun and i think it gives them some exercise.

Daddy laughed out loud at the names Fidget and Twitch.....he says they sound so adorable and yet can imagine them being so restless and always on the move. Daddy thinks they are not like me (if he has understood correctly who they are) but are lovely sisters for me.

I must also say another thank you from daddy.....he appreciates the reassurance connected with my playful growling when i am playing. I have never growled at people. Quite the opposite, i get very excited and accidentally water their feet. Very strange how i don't do that to mummy and daddy as i am very excited when with them????

When me and daddy play tug he sometimes growls too, and then strokes me and lets me know it is all good fun. He sometimes pretends to let me win, but one day i will win for real.

I think your mummy is a bit of a worrier, just like my daddy. But maybe it is necessary. Our parents only want us to be safe, and in good health. And if they think something like cold water will make us cold and shivery then they want to protect us. But Willow, you have baffled me a little. Did you say the water has gone hard? How did that happen? I wonder if water turns hard when it is really, really cold. I need to be aware of this i think.

I tried to help daddy in the garden a short time ago. He took these plastic boxes towards these objects where i see lots of birds. I thought he was giving them my food at first but i wasn't too keen on the smells and realised it was not mine. When he opened each one i took the lid and ran into the house. I didn't think he would need it again. He didn't chase me which was disappointing. When i went back into the garden these large birds flew away. That's cheating. How can i play with them if they go into those high places i can't reach.

Oh well, time for me to go and play. That rain is falling out of the sky again, and very, very fast so i will play in the house for now. I hope that jumping on your mummy done the trick and you have been playing lots and lots.

Catch up with you soon my friend.

Bud.x