Bud's Story (an ongoing diary)

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by KeeperTony44, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Re: Bud's Story (an ongoing diary)

Hi Bud and Willow!

I hope you get the chance to go SWIMMING soon. When I first did it I was a bit confused. I was playing with some friends in a POND which is like a puddle but very very big. And then one of my friends (I think it was Benson) went over to the middle of the POND so I followed him and then suddenly there wasn't any floor any more! Can you imagine how shocking that was? My little feet weren't touching anything! In fact nothing was touching anything! I got such a shock that I tried to bark and then all the water went up my nose and in my ears and I didn't like that AT ALL. But then.... and this was magic.... I found that I COULD STILL RUN!!! Well, it is not quite like running, but it is sort of the same. You just move all your legs like you are running and you go forward with your head on top of the water! And your tail sticks out the back and steers you, it is really really brilliant! So now whenever I see a POND I hope and hope that there is enough water to lift me off my feet again so I can go SWIMMING.

The only thing that is sad is that mum and dad can't come with me (I don't understand why, but they just stand at the side of the POND and watch me and laugh). But I help them feel part of it all when I run out of the POND all wet and shake myself all over them. Oh, how they love that!

I don't understand the bit about hard cold water. How can water be hard? Is it like when I have my Kong and it is very cold and hard? I'm not sure I'd like to go SWIMMING in hard water, I don't think it would be very comfortable. Lots to think about...

Speak soon, pals!

Pongo

2. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hello Bud and Willow,

Pongo's right about swimming. It's really good fun, though I found it really scary at first. I watched Wispa jump into the stream and swim across to the other side where mummy was waiting, but nobody could persuade me to follow her. I found it more fun rushing around on the muddy bank or running over the bridge to get to the other side. I was very worried about Wispa as I could only see the top of her head and her nose above the water. One day, though, when lots of people were there to encourage me, I decided to be very brave and try to reach Wispa as she was swimming after a large branch. Suddenly I found my paws weren't touching the mud any more and they were just pushing the water around me. Everyone called me across to the other side of the stream, so my paws worked very hard and I followed Wispa, keeping my head right out of the water. I didn't want to get my ears wet! I was so proud when everyone said, "Look, look! Tuppy's swimming!"

Since then I have actually swum in the SEA! That was really good fun - I enjoyed it more than the stream.

Well, I must go and have my 'mad fit' with Wispa, as mummy seems to have forgotten our supper. It's our way of reminding her, as she soon gets the hint and realises that we might calm down if we're not hungry any more.

Hope you've had a good day.

Tuppence

3. KeeperTony44

KeeperTony44 Registered Users

Hi again Pongo/ Hello Tuppence,

It sounds like swimming is tremendous fun, and once i adjust to being in the sort of water that has no floor, i hope to really enjoy it the same as you both. Daddy apparently was born in a seaside town Tuppence so he understands what "swimming in the sea" would be like for me. Sadly we don't live near that kind of water but i am still very young. There is plenty of time for such an experience.

Pongo, i really appreciate the detailed description you have given, and i think i understand swimming really well now. I just need the practice. It's great to hear that you share the water with your parents. They obviously don't know what they are missing. As for hard water, that is a mystery to me too at the moment. Maybe it makes walking on water a lot easier, but how it gets so hard is something we will learn eventually.

Tuppence - have you been good for your mummy? And did you and Wispa get your supper on time? I have these "mad fits" you mention but it is never to remind my parents that i am hungry. I just go crazy for a while. It's great fun and burns energy i heard daddy say.

Well, i am off to play before my evening walk. Keep safe friends. Good night from me.

Bud.x

4. KeeperTony44

Hello all, on a rather chilly Sunday morning.

Woke up earlier than normal today and mummy took me downstairs, opened the back door (why do they keep it shut at night? They know i need to reach my corner,) and introduced me to that white flowy substance again. How do i make that happen? Very strange.

A mixed day yesterday. I have learned that not everybody is nice and friendly. One of those boxes on the roads with wheels stopped near daddy and a man talked to us through a hole. I heard words "What is he?" and "Sell him." Daddy's normal tone of voice seemed to change and this man then disappeared into the box and ran away. My tail was wagging all the time as i wanted to say hello to this man but daddy gave me a cuddle and said that i have to be careful. Most people are very nice but there are those who don't love dogs like all the lovely people do. I think i understand.

Later in the day daddy gave me treats and said i was a good boy a few times. I think it has something to do with me spending time alone in the upstairs room that has become my shared bedroom. Normally when i am sleepy i don't mind being alone, but it is different if i know that mummy and daddy are both out of the house. Still, they are very pleased with me and i like making them happy.

I think today is the day daddy cooks special food that smells delightfully meaty. I will try to be on my best behaviour and hope for a taste myself.

Be good and safe my friends. Have fun.

Bud.x

5. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Hi Bud :) white flowy substance......what is that? I've never seen it before. Is it nice? Can you play with it?

Unfortunately Bud, not everyone is nice towards us :( my mummy has been told that I'm not a lab and I know this annoys her. In the park a long time ago (I was about 5 months old) a women came around the corner and seen me as I was just on the grass and started shouting and screaming at me and waving her arms - she even went to kick me when I went a step forward - I was really scared. Mummy quickly put me on my lead and we walked away. Mummy told me that not everyone likes dogs - how can they not? I don't understand this!

I'm glad you are getting treats and are happier being in your shared bedroom :)

Mummy has found a new place to walk and it's got woods, fields and lots of small ponds :) I love it there......I think we are going there again today :) I've met a few new friends there and the humans all seem really nice :)

Anyway, I'm off to gnaw on my antler for a while before my morning snooze.

Have a good day Bud x

6. KeeperTony44

[quote author=Naya link=topic=8427.msg122562#msg122562 date=1415526979]
    Hi Bud :) white flowy substance......what is that? I've never seen it before. Is it nice? Can you play with it?

Unfortunately Bud, not everyone is nice towards us :( my mummy has been told that I'm not a lab and I know this annoys her. In the park a long time ago (I was about 5 months old) a women came around the corner and seen me as I was just on the grass and started shouting and screaming at me and waving her arms - she even went to kick me when I went a step forward - I was really scared. Mummy quickly put me on my lead and we walked away. Mummy told me that not everyone likes dogs - how can they not? I don't understand this!

I'm glad you are getting treats and are happier being in your shared bedroom :)

Mummy has found a new place to walk and it's got woods, fields and lots of small ponds :) I love it there......I think we are going there again today :) I've met a few new friends there and the humans all seem really nice :)

Anyway, I'm off to gnaw on my antler for a while before my morning snooze.

Have a good day Bud x
    [/quote]

Hi Harley,

Have you never gone outside on a really cold day, and noticed this white stuff flowing out of your mouth? I don't know how it just suddenly appears, and i try to play with it, and catch it but it cannot be touched. It only seems to happen when my parents say it is really cold.

I am sad to hear that some nasty person tried to kick you when you were younger. At least your mummy was there to defend you. I haven't experienced this nastiness but i know my daddy is very aware of people when we are out. He even says to mummy "always be cautious." Daddy is very protective of me, and mummy, so i feel very safe. I don't understand either how some people cannot like us dogs.....look at how cute we are. How can anyone think we are anything but adorable?

Really pleased that you have met some new friends and are enjoying this new place for your walks. I think i am having another of my off-lead walks this afternoon before mummy comes home from her workplace-this place keeps stealing her away. I wonder what she does there and if i can one day help her?

Oh well, i think i am due a morning snooze too. Daddy will vanish to do his housey things but i am too tired to whimper about being on my own. Looking forward to the cooking smells later. Still hoping for a taste. I have my best puppy-dog eyes waiting :)

Bye for now Harley. Have fun.

Bud.x

7. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

[quote author=KeeperTony44 link=topic=8427.msg122572#msg122572 date=1415529357]

I have my best puppy-dog eyes waiting :)

[/quote]

Go for it Bud - so glad you're using the puppy-dog eyes - they are our best weapon!
    When you get a little bigger, you can combine them with the 'chin on daddy's knee'. Its a killer. I have lost count of the number of times I've got exactly what I want just by doing the 'chin on the knee and look up with the puppy dog eyes'.

Off to try it now.

Pongo

8. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hello Bud,

Oh dear, that sounds a really scary walk yesterday. It's very difficult to know how friendly (or not) some people are, isn't it. I sometimes try to protect my people when I'm on my lead and I feel a bit uneasy, but I probably get it wrong because mummy tells me 'no' or 'leave it' when I bark or jump. I want to protect her and Tuppence, but perhaps I'm not getting it quite right because I really don't mean to frighten anyone. I can remember feeling very safe when I was little and we walked with my old friends Callum and Amber. They were calm and I didn't need to worry. Now that I have to be grown up and look after Tuppence too it's hard to get it right.

Tuppence and I had a great time in the woods today. It was very muddy and we had fun running through the puddles. We met lots of people too and I didn't bark once! I think mummy was very pleased with me.

I hope you've had a lovely off-lead walk today. Have you had some tasty bits from the cooking too?

Time to curl up for my evening snooze now. Tuppence is already asleep and I can hear strange noises coming from her bed. Perhaps she's dreaming about our muddy walk!

Wispa

9. Debs

Debs Registered Users

[quote author=Rosie link=topic=8427.msg122655#msg122655 date=1415556796]

[/quote]

Go for it Bud - so glad you're using the puppy-dog eyes - they are our best weapon!
    When you get a little bigger, you can combine them with the 'chin on daddy's knee'. Its a killer. I have lost count of the number of times I've got exactly what I want just by doing the 'chin on the knee and look up with the puppy dog eyes'.

Off to try it now.

Pongo
    [/quote]

Bud! A word of warning with the lovely cooking smells you get on a Sunday...........I'm in big trouble! Mummy left a dish of lovely looking white things on the side in the kitchen, that are going to go in the thing called an oven, I thinks she said they are potatoes. Well, I couldn't help myself and now I'm in the dog house! They tasted really nice and warm, but boy I was in trouble and had to go and sit in my bed. I tried the doggy eyes, but it's not working at the moment :(

Maisie xx

10. KeeperTony44

[quote author=Rosie link=topic=8427.msg122655#msg122655 date=1415556796]

[/quote]

Off to try it now.

Pongo
    [/quote]

Pongo - I already do the 'chin on daddy's knee,' but i haven't used the puppy-dog-eyes at the same time....yet. The chin routine gets me love and nice words. It hasn't yet got me extra tasty morsels of food though. There's plenty of time though. Maybe when i put the two together like you do, that will be the time things start to go my way.

Anyway, i am having a slightly mischievous night and am now going to find mummy's slipper and get her to chase me. Daddy tends to chuckle which makes mummy wave her arms around even more.

Goodnight Pongo. Have a good one.

Bud

11. KeeperTony44

Bud! A word of warning with the lovely cooking smells you get on a Sunday...........I'm in big trouble! Mummy left a dish of lovely looking white things on the side in the kitchen, that are going to go in the thing called an oven, I thinks she said they are potatoes. Well, I couldn't help myself and now I'm in the dog house! They tasted really nice and warm, but boy I was in trouble and had to go and sit in my bed. I tried the doggy eyes, but it's not working at the moment :(

Maisie xx
    [/quote]

Hi Maisie,

I think we are supposed to wait until offered this extra food - aren't we? Maybe that is why you are in the dog house (what is that by the way? Do you have a house of your own?) I was treated to one of these potatoes you mention, and something green, and something else meaty, the last time daddy created those lovely aromas. Tonight though i got a small share of this chicken meat that gets mentioned a lot. I felt really lucky. And it was a real surprise because i hadn't expected to find it in my bowl.

I hope you are soon forgiven for your inability to resist the urge to taste those potatoes. Maybe next time you could give the puppy-dog -eyes before the urge to taste takes over. Then you might be given the treat you seek.

Off to be playful with mummy's slipper...have a lovely night Maisie.

Bud.x

12. Debs

Debs Registered Users

[quote author=KeeperTony44 link=topic=8427.msg122694#msg122694 date=1415564252]

I hope you are soon forgiven for your inability to resist the urge to taste those potatoes. Maybe next time you could give the puppy-dog -eyes before the urge to taste takes over. Then you might be given the treat you seek.
    [/quote]

Oh yes Bud, I'm forgiven, I got to lick the cauliflower cheese bowl out ;) ..............puppy dog eyes every time! ;D ;D

13. KeeperTony44

[quote author=Granca link=topic=8427.msg122663#msg122663 date=1415558421]
    Hello Bud,

Oh dear, that sounds a really scary walk yesterday. It's very difficult to know how friendly (or not) some people are, isn't it. I sometimes try to protect my people when I'm on my lead and I feel a bit uneasy, but I probably get it wrong because mummy tells me 'no' or 'leave it' when I bark or jump. I want to protect her and Tuppence, but perhaps I'm not getting it quite right because I really don't mean to frighten anyone. I can remember feeling very safe when I was little and we walked with my old friends Callum and Amber. They were calm and I didn't need to worry. Now that I have to be grown up and look after Tuppence too it's hard to get it right.

Tuppence and I had a great time in the woods today. It was very muddy and we had fun running through the puddles. We met lots of people too and I didn't bark once! I think mummy was very pleased with me.

I hope you've had a lovely off-lead walk today. Have you had some tasty bits from the cooking too?

Time to curl up for my evening snooze now. Tuppence is already asleep and I can hear strange noises coming from her bed. Perhaps she's dreaming about our muddy walk!

Wispa
    [/quote]

Hello Wispa,

I certainly did enjoy my off-lead walk today. Or maybe i should say run because i really do love to run fast. I slow down to wait for mummy and daddy to catch up though as they are not as fast as me (daddy tries to keep up but he has no chance.) And i received an unexpected morsel of daddy's cooking once their dinner was eaten. It was chicken tonight and boy was it scrumptious.

I agree, it is difficult to know who is nice and who is nasty. I like everyone i do, and want to say hello to all people, but i do realise we have to be careful. Daddy is always very alert, and yet i know he has his own problems so i really admire him for being prepared to protect me. When i get older and bigger i will help daddy be the protector, or i hope i will be brave enough to anyway. It sounds like you want to do the right thing Wispa, and i am sure you will get it right so that everyone is happy.

Mud and puddles seems to be something us dogs really like. I'm not sure yet that i like getting too dirty, but it made me smile hearing that you and Tuppence had a lovely time. And well done you for not barking.

Right, i have nibbled mummy's slipper before she caught me, and now i am going to have a quick run outside....i quite like the dark. Then it is snooze time before more fun, and then my proper sleep in my cosy shared bedroom.

Goodnight to you Wispa. Keep safe. (Nite nite to Tuppence too, when she wakes from her dreams.)

Bud

14. KeeperTony44

[Oh yes Bud, I'm forgiven, I got to lick the cauliflower cheese bowl out ;) ..............puppy dog eyes every time! ;D ;D]
    [/quote]

Maisie.........that is really great news. Cauliflower cheese is new to me.......but i have always liked the sound of the word CHEEEEEESSSSSSEEEEE so i am sure it is great stuff. :) Nite.x

15. KeeperTony44

Looks like another wet day. Doesn't stop me enjoying my walks though, or my garden play.

I have a question for all of my friends. Do you like to sleep in the dark when it is time for your long bedtime sleep? Or do you prefer light where you are sleeping?

I heard mummy and daddy talking about it last night. I really find it more relaxing to sleep in the dark. For me i think it is more natural than sleeping in "false daylight" as daddy calls those things that light up the room. I think he even calls that big screen in the room,and their smaller tapping boxes false light too. I settle down to my bedtime sleep so much more easier when it is dark, I very rarely wake up until it is nearly time for breakfast and i think i am more ready for the day ahead.

Off to play now. A few laps round the garden is always great fun when daddy is trying to take my rope ball from me. It's a great game. He seems to stand in one place and i run all round him and he tries to take my toy from me. He might win more times today as he is brighter than normal. He is wearing something very colourful and i find it distracting. :)

Be safe all. Have a great day ahead.

Bud.x

16. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Hi Bud!

I hope you are well, my friend. I've not been able to pass on my story recently because Mummy has been tapping away furiously for days on her silver box. She has suddenly just relaxed, so I think she might have finished what she has been working on and now can take the time to pass on my woofs to you.

So, what has happened since I last talked to you? I've been continuing to train my mummy to give me treats by doing things she likes. Sitting still when she leaves the room seems to be the thing she likes most at the moment. I do worry that she won't come back, but as long as she's not gone too long, I stay sitting still and get a lovely treat and cuddle when she gets back!

I went out in the car a couple of times over the last few days. Instead of sitting in the front of the car, I now get put in a box in the back. Mummy tells me it's where I'll be a lot safer, but I'm not sure I like it right now. The first time we went out, I cried a little bit to let them know I wasn't happy. Yesterday we went out even longer, but I decided it was better to be quiet. I even had a little sleep and that was nice.

Our trip out yesterday was to the vet man. I wagged my tail as hard as I could at him and he gave me a treat. I have him well trained too. Then I went into the room at the back and I remembered that last time I was there I got stuck with a pointy thing which hurt me, so I got a bit scared and cuddled up to my daddy. I tried wagging my tail a little bit, but the vet man didn't give me another treat; he poked me again! I was very brave, though, and didn't yelp.

For some reason, this trip made Mummy and Daddy very excited because apparently, it means I can soon go out on my FEET! Mummy says that tomorrow I am going to meet another doggy on a play date and we are going to WALK to his house! I am a bit excited and a bit nervous about this. I don't know what the outside will be like without being cuddled in Daddy's arms. (Mummy doesn't hold me in her arms very often now, because they're a bit too small for me to get comfortable in. I prefer Daddy's arms, which are bigger).

Because I am soon going to be going outside on my FEET and sometimes in the DARK, I have a new collar which I tried on yesterday. It's very strange. It lights up with red lights all the way around and makes me glow. Mummy says it's so she doesn't lose me in the dark, but I don't think she has to worry. I'm going to be sticking right next to her feet for a while!

Mummy tells me I'm having a little holiday this weekend. We're going in the car (with me in my new car crate) to go back to see where I was made! I'm going to see my Mummy Ruby and Daddy Jake and old Uncle Drake, as well as some of my brothers and sisters! I wonder if they'll remember me?! I think I'm going to have fun running round with them in the big, big garden.

I've also overheard some very strange conversations about another puppy coming to stay. I'm not sure what they mean, who this is, or if I like the idea. Time will tell, but until then, I'm just going to have a good chew on this bully stick. NOM!

Speak soon, I hope!

Wx

17. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hello Bud and Willow,

I hope you've both had a good day. Wispa and I had a lovely play in the garden yesterday, as mummy thinks I can run around again now and don't have to be kept quiet. I think that 'quiet' means 'not bouncy' and I find that so difficult, so it's lovely to be able to go in the garden off my lead again. This is me with Wispa playing tug-of-war with an old football ...

[​IMG]

Although we like to go in the garden in the dark sometimes, we both usually feel quite tired in the evenings. When we've had a bit of a play we just curl up and go to sleep in our beds near mummy's desk with the tappy box thing. Wispa is snoring there now and I shall be soon too. Wispa looks very snug because she's a bit bigger than me and fills the whole bed.

[​IMG]

Mummy says we sleep longer at night now that it's dark for so long. I usually just give a little bark when I wake up, just to let her know I'm ready for breakfast!

I wonder what this puppy will be like, Willow? I have never been an 'only dog', as I have always had Wispa for company. Perhaps that's why I've never found it difficult to settle down in my crate when my people aren't around, as I can see Wispa safely in hers too.

Well, it's time for my evening nap now. Night night to you both.

Tuppence

18. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Hello Bud and everyone!

Willow, I hope you enjoyed your first walk on your feet. Walks are just the best thing ever, aren't they? I've noticed that as it has got colder and wetter outside there seem to be more and more SMELLS for me to explore... very exciting so every now and then I have to have a crazycrazycrazy moment on my walk where I just runandrunandrunandrunandjumpandjumpandrun in circles. Mum and dad seem to like it because it makes them laugh a lot.

I have been spending quite a lot of time helping them do GARDENING recently. I think that I am a very good influence. I know this because mum says that if a job usually takes ten minutes, then it will take an hour if I am helping her. That means that she must be doing a better and more careful job, doesn't it? So obviously I am making them raise their standards. I feel proud about this.

I have heard them talking about something called AJILLITEE KLASSIS. They seem to think it is something that I might enjoy. Do any of you know anything about AJILLITEE KLASSIS? Is it tasty?

Right, I need to do a bit more chewing on dad croc clog, then I think they are going out to do some more GARDENING so I'd better get ready to help them. Speak soon...

Pongo

19. KeeperTony44

Hi Willow, my young friend,

As always it is a pleasure to hear your woofs. I apparently have quite a loud bark, which i use when playing. I remember the first time i spoke my woof. I was a little shocked. "Was that me? Wow, i can talk."

It sounds like your mummy has been as busy as ever. Same with daddy. I listened to a little of what he is tapping when he was reading it out to mummy. It's some kind of "story" about Christmas (i like the sound of this word.) Mummy said "she will absolutely love it," I heard words like "snowmen, magical and penguins." All sounds rather bizarre but also a lot of fun. Daddy has said he needs to finish it by the end of the month. Maybe this means that then he won't be tapping quite so much!

Very well done with your training. As your friend i am extremely proud. It can be a bit tricky sitting in a quiet position whilst our parents walk away from us, when our natural instinct i think is to follow them closely. Well, it's what i do anyway. I always do my very best to do things that make my parents smile. I receive plenty of cuddles and my fair share of treats so i think the training is going well. However, i know i don't always get things right. I still like to follow my parents when they leave the room because i want to be close to them. Not all of the time but some of the time. Maybe treats aren't as important to me as the closeness of mummy and daddy. Some of the treats i get are quite chewy and keep me entertained for ages....i think my parents are really pleased with me at these times as i don't follow them when they leave the room, and i don't cry or pace the floor at all.

Wow Willow! You get to travel in those boxes on wheels....oh yes, they are called cars aren't they. Sometimes i forget i am getting older every day, and with age comes a little bit more intelligence. :) Lots of woofs of encouragement for you my friend because you will be fine in this car. Every effort is being made to help you feel comfortable and secure. When you go away on your little holiday, just remember that at the end of the car journey is lots of new space to run around in and play, lots of friendly faces, including your brothers, sisters, Ruby, Jake and Drake. They will all be so very pleased to see you again, i feel very certain of this. Think of all this when you are in the car and i am sure you will smile and relax.

I have actually travelled in a much larger box on wheels.......not a car. Something bigger. There are sometimes strangers inside who say hello to me. When i get out of this box it is not long before i see mummy. And then we get in another box and before i know it we are nearly home, with just a short walk and run ahead of us. I notice daddy appears very shaky in these boxes but because i am too young to walk long distances he does this trip once a week i think it is so that we can meet mummy from her workplace directly. At all other times we have a little walk to where all of these boxes........excuse me a moment Willow; "DADDY....i can't keep calling them boxes. New word please?" (Listening carefully.) As i was saying Willow, at all other times we either take the short walk to where mummy's BUS stops, or we wait at home until mummy walks through the door, and i wag my tail madly and jump all over the place with excitement. I notice we meet mummy when it is dark. Mummy comes to us when it is light.

I regularly get let off my lead now which is really great fun because i get to chase daddy for a longer distance. And if he is getting tired then i stop and wait for him or run back to him. Sometimes mummy is also there so i run between the two of them until i am ready to rest. I am still on my lead when we are near roads, but i don't mind this because i feel safer, and less likely to run off if something takes my attention, which i believe could place me in danger.

Have you now had the last of your injections? (i think this is when you have been poked by the vet man.) You must be just over 13 weeks old now aren't you because i am just over 15 weeks old and there's not even 2 weeks between us is there. You have definitely been very brave Willow. And yes, your parents have every reason to be excited because now you get to share the adventure which is the world outside your house. It will be amazing. I was a little nervous at first but i have got to say it is totally awesome. There is so much to see, and it feels like it is never ending.

You have one of these collars too. Yes, they are a little odd but we must let our parents do what they must to feel at ease when out with us when it is dark.

It sounds like you are going to have a companion to share your home with you, your food, your walks and play time. Everything. Let me know what he or she is like when the time comes. Until then though my friend, have a fantastic trip away at the weekend. I am off now to run around in that rain coming down from the sky. And if i take a toy outside it guarantees daddy coming out to play too. Yippee.

Keep safe and well Willow. We will catch up soon i am sure.

Your friend Bud.x

20. KeeperTony44

Good Morning Tuppence,

Really great to finally see you and Wispa. You both look amazing. And you have one of those footballs too. I play chase with mine when daddy kicks it up and down the garden. And when i get a good grip i run round and round and round and round until daddy either catches me or gives up and drops into a seat to rest. He breathes noisily after i have exercised him. I don't think he is unfit. I believe breathing is not always easy for him.

Wispa certainly does look rather snug in her bed. And she snores as well does she? I think i do too though i never actually hear me do so. I tend to get sleepy at all kinds of strange times of the day and night. Sometimes when it is dark i am wide awake, and a quick run in the garden, or a little nose around to see if there is anything i can get away with digging up, is so cool as i can see better in the dark than my parents and i don't think they can see me as easily so i can get away with more. Or so i thought. They have a shiny thing that lights up where i am. And they call me sneaky.

Well, the nights are certainly longer now, and i think like you Tuppence i sleep more than i did. But i get plenty of play time and walks before my bedtime sleep arrives.

Anyway, it is always great to hear from you. It seems like you are keeping well. That is always nice to see. Have a fantastic day. Be good if you can. And i will speak with you and Wispa very soon.

Bud