Bud's Story (an ongoing diary)

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by KeeperTony44, Oct 23, 2014.

1. KeeperTony44

KeeperTony44 Registered Users

Re: Bud's Story (an ongoing diary)

[quote author=Rosie link=topic=8427.msg123344#msg123344 date=1415784579]
    Hello Bud and everyone!

Willow, I hope you enjoyed your first walk on your feet. Walks are just the best thing ever, aren't they? I've noticed that as it has got colder and wetter outside there seem to be more and more SMELLS for me to explore... very exciting so every now and then I have to have a crazycrazycrazy moment on my walk where I just runandrunandrunandrunandjumpandjumpandrun in circles. Mum and dad seem to like it because it makes them laugh a lot.

I have been spending quite a lot of time helping them do GARDENING recently. I think that I am a very good influence. I know this because mum says that if a job usually takes ten minutes, then it will take an hour if I am helping her. That means that she must be doing a better and more careful job, doesn't it? So obviously I am making them raise their standards. I feel proud about this.

I have heard them talking about something called AJILLITEE KLASSIS. They seem to think it is something that I might enjoy. Do any of you know anything about AJILLITEE KLASSIS? Is it tasty?

Right, I need to do a bit more chewing on dad croc clog, then I think they are going out to do some more GARDENING so I'd better get ready to help them. Speak soon...

Pongo
    [/quote]

Hi Pongo,

I don't know what it is you say that makes daddy laugh much of the time when he reads your little stories, but you are obviously quite a character. It's good to see him laugh though.

There is definitely something about us having mad spells of running and jumping that agrees with our parents. But if they enjoy it so much why don't they come and join in?

I have to applaud you my friend,and i do so with my front paws, because you may be the very first green-pawed dog!! (Daddy says people who spend a lot of time gardening are green-fingered, but we don't have fingers, only paws.) It must be such a wondrous feeling to have realised that there was room for improvement to the gardening techniques your parents use, and then for you to have shown some authority and gardening intellect of your own to have trained your parents to take the extra time needed to make your garden all the more productive. I like to think i help a little bit. When daddy planted what i think was the last of these "bulb" thingys, i thought they would have been much better placed elsewhere so i dug out a few and left them in quite a nice pile i thought on the other side of the garden. Daddy made a funny growling noise and then picked them all up and buried them again exactly where he did before. I can't quite reach them as easily either because of some objects standing in the way. Well, i hope it is worth it. Apparently these bulbs come alive next year and i will like what i see and smell!! Does that mean food?

Before i go Pongo. These agility classes (i think this is how daddy prefers to say the words, but between you and me i think your way is much cooler,) are not anything to do with food, so not exactly tasty. Sorry to disappoint you. That is all i really can tell you, at least with the confidence of being correct and helpful. Maybe some of your older friends will explain it better to you.

Right, snooze time for me. Enjoy your gardening my friend. We will catch up some time soon.

Bud

2. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

[quote author=KeeperTony44 link=topic=8427.msg123350#msg123350 date=1415785857]

I have actually travelled in a much larger box on wheels.......not a car. Something bigger. There are sometimes strangers inside who say hello to me.

[/quote]

Oh wow, Bud, I am so jealous that you get to do that! I go in my mum's box-on-wheels quite a lot - I used to be nervous but now I know that it ALWAYS takes me somewhere exciting, so I love it now when they say 'Letsgointhecar' which seems to be its name. But a BUS!!! That sounds really exciting. And by the way, I think your daddy is very, very brave to take you on the bus because it sounds like he doesn't enjoy it at all. He is a really good parent to you - I know that you know you are a very lucky pup.

Right, back out to the garden now. Mum is doing some 'cutting back of the borders' so that means I have to go and lie down flat out in front of her wherever she is working.

Pongo

PS Don't give up on helping your dad get the bulbs in the right place. He's bound to remove the things that are in the way eventually, and then you can get back to work.

PPS A bit disappointing to know that agilityclasses is not something to eat. But maybe it will be good in another way. (Can't quite imagine what that could be, mind you...)

3. KeeperTony44

Thank you Pongo for your kind remark about my daddy. I know he really appreciates your understanding. I do feel i am a very lucky puppy to have the mummy and daddy i have.

The bus journeys i take are fantastic. I like it when people come and say hello, though there are not many people on when we take these journeys. I get to walk about a little if i need to, but i mainly sit at my daddy's feet as i think this is safer. And then before i know it we are getting off and there is a spot of grass i can have a run on as we go to meet mummy. I don't think we will be travelling on a bus when i am older and strong enough to walk longer journeys, and this is fine with me because i like to walk and run. But for the time being it is certainly exciting to go from one place to another without actually moving myself. What is it like in "Letsgointhecar?"

I hope you continued to help your mummy with her gardening. She must feel so fortunate to have an extra pair of paws assisting and instructing.

Let me know if there is anything fun about these agility classes, once you experience them.

Have fun mate.

Bud

4. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Bud!! Pongo! Everyone!

I went for a WALK! On my FEET! It was AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING! I was so excited, I ran around loads and loads, and was a bit clumsier than normal. It was so nice to feel the grass beneath my paws. I've been missing that a bit since I left where I was made. We walked up a hill which Mummy said wasn't very big, but to me felt HUGE! I've never been on a hill before. There was a little bit of the white, cold stuff under my paws but Mummy says there will be a lot more arriving soon.
    I made sure I kept checking on Mummy and Daddy when we were walking, to make sure they didn't get lost, and when Mummy blew that peepy thing, I ran towards her as fast as I could to make sure she was OK - and to have a bit of CHEEEEEEEEEEEESE.
    It was so much fun, and although Mummy says it was only a short WALK compared to how long I will be out when I'm big and grown, I was so tired when I got home, I've been asleep for most of the day.

Mummy says we're going back out for another WALK in a little while, to meet another dog. I hope he likes me. I like making new friends. I will ask Daddy to take lots of pictures. He likes taking pictures of me. I'm not surprised; they keep telling me I'm beautiful, and if they think that it's only natural they'd want to see pictures of me.

I had a lovely lunch earlier, too. A nice, crunchy chicken wing and, a little bit afterwards, Mummy took me outside and gave me two big, scary looking things. She told me they were raw king prawn heads. I've had prawn before, but that was meaty. This was just the heads. They're the tastiest, crunchiest bit. A real treat! She says I have two more for tomorrow. Yummy!

5. KeeperTony44

Willow,

That is fantastic news my friend. Isn't it just the best thing in the world (apart from food maybe) to have the freedom to walk and run about OUTSIDE in the bigger world!!! I am still very envious of you having the white cold stuff under your paws. And you have plenty more to come. JEALOUS!!! :)

You mentioned one of my favourite words.....CHEEEEEESSSSSSSEEEEE....and yet i haven't tasted any (i don't think). I need to have a little talk with my parents regarding my diet because there area lot of good tastes being enjoyed by all of my friends, and i think it is time i got my share. I know my stomach sometimes doesn't agree with new foods but i won't know if i don't try.

My daddy loves taking photos of me too, though he has said he wishes i would smile! Apparently i have a tendency to look sad, but i try to assure him that i am really, really happy by giving him my paw and licking him until he pulls that scrunched up face that makes me giggle inside.

Again Willow, really fabulous news to hear about your first walk out on your feet. So happy for you i fell on my behind jumping up and down with excitement. ;D

Speak with you soon.

Bud.x

6. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Great news, Willow! I'm going to bounce up and down now too, and try to fall on my behind like Bud did...

Pongo
    xx

7. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Fab news Willow :)
    The bus sounds like real fun.......I've never been on one - think I had better talk to mummy about that ;)
    I had a realllllllllllly long walk today with mummy :) we went into the woods and I had so much fun jumping in and out of the stream and running amongst all the tree. It was sooooo much fun that mummy forgot what time it was and said she was late back to work! I didn't mind because I was having a great time :)
    Mummy did laugh at me today because I kept running on these wood things (mummy says it's where people stand to feed the ducks) and I fell into the duck pond. It was great fun so I went for a swim and these other swimming animals - ducks - started coming over to see me, but mummy made me come away. I was having fun, but I think she was trying to keep me safe :)
    Anyway, I'm off to try and get mummy to play with me :)
    Speak soon

Harley x

8. KeeperTony44

Hiya Harley,

The bus is so cool in that it could fit all of us puppies and older dogs, and our parents, and take us all on a big journey. Plenty of room for us all. I really like how it can get me to meet new people as i am very - sociable - yes, i think that's the word. I also think it is just magical how it can take me from one place and when i get off i am nearer to mummy. And there is not just one. When i go to the other place to meet mummy when she gets off the bus, there are lots of them. Some even have STAIRS!!!!

Did your mummy think these ducks you mention might hurt you? I hear that they make a funny noise. They don't woof like we do so how are we supposed to talk with them?

I'm sure your mummy didn't mind being late when she could see how much fun you were having. It sounds like you had a fantastic time. I say it a lot but isn't being a puppy/ a dog such a great way to live? I think it is.

I hope you got your mummy to play with you some more. I am going to watch daddy with his floor cleaner thingy that spurts out what i understand to be "Steam." I like to try and grab it even though it doesn't let me.

If we don't talk anymore then have a good night. Sleep well and catch up with you soon.

Bud.x

9. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Hey Bud! If you want to get a great reaction out of your parents, try the DROOL tactic!

(It doesn't result in any treats or food but oh boy their faces are funny....)

Pongo

10. KeeperTony44

A very strange day that actually started last night.

Waiting for mummy to lift me onto the really really comfy bed, i decided to walk around the side and basically fell asleep on my own big bed which i normally avoid. Only for about an hour and then i woke up and paced the room mumbling until mummy reached down for me.

Today i didn't see much of daddy until mummy went to work. Mummy was spending time with me whilst daddy was in the upstairs chambers. He doesn't normally go to the upstairs bed during the day so i was a bit worried and cried a little. Mummy comforted me and told me daddy was not very well but will be down to see me later, and he is with me now so i am a bit happier. I don't think we are taking our bus journey to mummy's workplace later. Daddy has said we are waiting for her to arrive in a smaller box on wheels - i mean a car (so used to the younger me talking) :) This car brings mummy home on some occasions as i see her through the hole in the wall that lets in light. I think it's name is CAB but it always looks different each time, as does the man who walks Cab. Really strange.

Something in our garden started to fly earlier, with the help of a strong blowy noise in the air. It hit daddy on the back and he fell over, and i had to run over to him and lick him before he got back on his feet. Don't like that blowy noise and i barked at it even though i can't see it. It must be scared of little ol' me and that is why it hides.

Going to have a restful night now, and play with daddy when he is ready to play. Be safe my friends. Nite nite.

Bud.x

Oh...Pongo...thanks for the message. I think i know what DROOLING is so i will keep this in mind. Daddy has said you are one of the best at this skill, and it makes mummy constantly tell you that she loves you. It must be a really good thing to do. I like to see the funny faces my parents sometimes show so more reasons to cause this is very welcome. Goodnight mate.

11. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Oh Bud, you really haven't had a good day have you. Make sure you give daddy lots of cuddles as they will make him better quickly. I hope daddy didn't get too hurt in the garden? I give mummy cuddles and licks and it always makes her better quickly :)
    I'm off to bed soon as I've had a really busy day.
    Sleep tight Bud x

12. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Poor daddy - look after him well Bud

Lilly's mum xx

13. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Oh dear, Bud, it sounds as if you had a scary time in he garden. I hope your daddy's feeling better now, as I'm sure all your licks will have helped.

It's been a quiet day for us today, as mummy has been busy, but we had our walks as usual. I saw something really scary when I was walking on my lead. It looked like a large heap of something in the distance on the path, but it was moving a bit. I stood still and barked, so mummy told me to 'leave' and 'walk on' but I was really worried. Then the shape changed and I could see that it was a lady who had been bending down to help her little boy. Silly me! I walked on nicely and tried to pretend that I hadn't been scared at all. Mummy said, "Good girl, Wispa", so I think she was pleased with me. I wish I could always be brave.

Time for my sleep now. Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Wispa

14. KeeperTony44

[quote author=Naya link=topic=8427.msg123831#msg123831 date=1415918136]
    Oh Bud, you really haven't had a good day have you. Make sure you give daddy lots of cuddles as they will make him better quickly. I hope daddy didn't get too hurt in the garden? I give mummy cuddles and licks and it always makes her better quickly :)
    I'm off to bed soon as I've had a really busy day.
    Sleep tight Bud x
    [/quote]

Hi Harley,

I showed daddy plenty of love, and i think it has helped. He's not running about as much as he usually does but he is doing all the things i normally see him do. Just slower.

A really, really wet day today. So much of that rain coming out of the sky. Think i'll run around inside for a while.

Hope you had a good sleep after your tiring day yesterday.

Bye for now.

Bud.x

15. KeeperTony44

[quote author=drjs@5 link=topic=8427.msg123834#msg123834 date=1415918517]
    Poor daddy - look after him well Bud

Lilly's mum xx
    [/quote]

Thank you Lilly's mum........i think i did a good job looking after daddy.

Bud.x

16. KeeperTony44

[quote author=Granca link=topic=8427.msg123842#msg123842 date=1415919552]
    Oh dear, Bud, it sounds as if you had a scary time in he garden. I hope your daddy's feeling better now, as I'm sure all your licks will have helped.

It's been a quiet day for us today, as mummy has been busy, but we had our walks as usual. I saw something really scary when I was walking on my lead. It looked like a large heap of something in the distance on the path, but it was moving a bit. I stood still and barked, so mummy told me to 'leave' and 'walk on' but I was really worried. Then the shape changed and I could see that it was a lady who had been bending down to help her little boy. Silly me! I walked on nicely and tried to pretend that I hadn't been scared at all. Mummy said, "Good girl, Wispa", so I think she was pleased with me. I wish I could always be brave.

Time for my sleep now. Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Wispa

[/quote]

Hi Wispa,

Daddy seems better than yesterday, but moving more slowly.

I think you are very brave, but sometimes you just don't quite know how to release your bravery so everyone can see it, including you. There are lots of little things that can scare me for a few seconds, until i realise what it is and understand it is nothing to worry about. Believe in yourself my friend.

I am about to have a run around inside and then flop out on my downstairs bed. I think daddy may then also have a snooze. Have a lovely day Wispa. Talk with you again soon.

Bud

17. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Hi Bud, I'm glad your daddy is feeling better.

I know that you like helping your parents to do good GARDENING so I thought I'd share a picture of me helping this morning. One of the things that mummy likes me to do is look after her gloves. Whenever she puts one down anywhere, I know that she is asking me to help by softening it up a bit. So I give it a really good chewing. She is so pleased that she runs after me and plays the chasey game for ages and ages until I give the glove to her.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/584e1yj6pz34cw6/IMAG0607.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hd478dtgwjr8efk/IMAG0602_BURST002.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqo49ezsrs90zzw/IMAG0599.jpg?dl=0

I'm sorry you are having a wet day, I am having a very nice sunny one today! And I think that later on I might be going for a big walk with my friend Mabli to the POND again to do some SWIMMING. Mabli is Very Very Very Fast (even faster than Harley, if you can believe that). So I'm going to have a little rest now after helping in the garden to get ready to chase her.

Your mate
    Pongo

18. KeeperTony44

My friend Pongo,

Hey - I'm glad daddy is better in himself too. It's no fun when he cannot join in with all of my activities.

Fantastic photos of you helping your mummy in the garden. Daddy says you are extremely "FOTOJENIK???" (too big a word for me at the moment.) I think it means that you look really good in pictures. Really enjoy seeing you helping with the gardening, but i do wonder if your mummy is actually playing a happy chasing game with you....is it possible she really just wants her glove back? Daddy sometimes gives his gloves a bit of a shake and plays with them a bit - i am wondering if his need a bit of a chew to make them easier to wear? He doesn't leave them on the ground where i can reach them though so i think he knows what my mind may be thinking.

The wet rain finally stopped falling, and i have had some fun in the garden, and an off-lead run. Found a lot of water all in one place which daddy said is a "waterlogged " bit of grass. I jumped in it and water went all over me and daddy. I then shook it off me and covered daddy some more. Why doesn't he shake it off him....it's so easy to do? Did you get to go swimming with Mabli, and did you catch her when you chased her?

Nap time now. Catch up with you soon mate.

Bud

19. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Hi Bud

Just back. From. Chasing Mabli around. The woods. And. Swimming in the. Pond.

Too tired to. Even. Think.

Mummy says I look like I've been on the world's biggest bender. Dunno what that means.

Good niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.............

20. KeeperTony44

Goodnight Pongo,

Sounds like you have had an extremely exhausting evening. Pleased you enjoyed yourself and in the process kept fit and healthy.

Never heard of this bender you mention. Daddy just raised his eyes at me as if to say "not explaining it now boy." Oh well.

Sleep well mate.

Bud