Bud's Story (an ongoing diary)

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by KeeperTony44, Oct 23, 2014.

1. KeeperTony44

KeeperTony44 Registered Users

Re: Bud's Story (an ongoing diary)

A quick Good Morning to you all,

No rain falling from the sky. Yet. Had an early morning run down an empty road which is near our regular walking patch. This road NEVER has danger on it early in the morning, and i know daddy is very alert. We run up and down it almost close together, and if he stops i turn round and either run back to him or sit and wait.

Got home, ate breakfast, burned off more energy, and now about to have a snooze. Life is wonderful.

Bud.x

2. KeeperTony44

I got a little bit MUDDDDDDDDDDYYYY today!!!! I found a large puddle of water (daddy says it wasn't a pond....it actually was a large puddle.) I wandered around it and then splashed through it. It was rather fun. Then i ran back to mummy, with daddy close behind, and got mummy a little muddy too.

This evening we were all snuggled on the sofa and the big screen had a moving picture which was very colourful (daddy says it was animation.) A young boy started singing and i looked up, got off the sofa and stood in front of the big screen. Then i looked behind but could not find this small boy. I was very puzzled as how could he just disappear? My parents were just saying things like "How cute."

I also apparently make them laugh and say "AAawwwww" when i am playing with a toy and walk in a certain way. Daddy says it is like i am performing "dressage for dogs". No idea what he means but it is part of me so must be good.

Going to have a last bit of playtime with mummy, and then i think i am due my long sleep. I will wake up briefly when mummy goes upstairs as that is a sign that i can share the really comfy bed. Hope you have all had a great day. Goodnight friends.

Bud.x

3. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Muddy puddles are good fun aren't they, Bud! Wispa and I have had some muddy walks too as it has been raining quite a lot. I don't really like spending much time in the garden when it's raining, but if it's time for a walk I'm always ready!

For some reason mummy wasn't very pleased this evening. She was busy talking to a friend, though her friend wasn't actually here, so I thought it would be a good idea if I entertained Wispa for her with my squeaky snake. I'm not sure why she told us to go away and then shut the door, as I thought I was being very helpful playing so nicely. We were having a great time trying to make squeaky noises too, but they came out a bit growly I suppose.

I hope you've had a good day, Bud. Night night.

Tuppence

4. KeeperTony44

Morning Tuppence,

Sorry i wasn't awake when you spoke to me last night.

I don't have a squeaky snake. Are they good fun? It sounds like you and Wispa were really enjoying yourselves. I make lots of growly noises, and most of the time my parents just sit back and let me have my fun, and sometimes they join in with my game. Daddy used to think i was sounding very angry but my tail was always wagging.

Isn't it peculiar how our parents talk to people who are not in the room. We never see the other person but sometimes we can hear them. They must be really, really tiny.

We have a second day in a row of no rain, a clear sky which looks bright and colourful, and lots of singing in the air which daddy says is some of the birds i try to play with who share our garden. A great day for running and jumping and playing outside. I hope your day is good to you and Wispa. Catch up with you soon.

Bud

5. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Hello Bud! I'm back home after my long and exhausting weekend away.

I had a lovely time playing with all the other puppies and big dogs (my old Mummy and Daddy) but Uncle Drake didn't seem to like it when I jumped on him. Mummy told me that's because he's nineteen years old and likes his quiet. Wow. Can you imagine being THAT old?? I'm sure that even Mummy and Daddy can't be THAT old!!

I wasn't too sure about night times, when Mummy didn't put my in my warm crate like normal, but left me with the other dogs in what she called a "kennel". There was a nice big box in there filled with shredded newspaper, which was warm but a little disappointing. I mean, what's the point of newspaper that's already shredded??? I had a little whine when I heard her or one of the other hoomans outside, but I was really only putting it on to see if I could get some cuddles.

It rained A LOT while we were there. I didn't really mind, though, because it meant that I got to get nice and muddy on our walks. I discovered marvellous things called puddles, which I splashed about in and made nice and muddy before having a good drink from them. There were lots of lovely new smells, too. Mummy said the strongest of these was something called "wiyald boor", which is a terrifying monster with big tusks. I was very careful not to run into one of these!

Eventually, it was time to leave and Daddy put me in the front of the car. I was very confused, because I normally go in the crate in the back of the car now, but when I looked around, it was full! There was my sister, Dotty, and my brother Jebs in there! I thought that was a bit strange and maybe they had sneaked in when Mummy and Daddy weren't looking. I didn't mind at all, because it meant that I got lots of cuddles on the way back home and fell asleep in Mummy's lap for a bit and then in Daddy's later on. It's strange, though, that I'm not allowed to sit on Mummy's lap when she's on one side of the car, in front of that round thing she keeps turning. It looks like a good game, so I suppose she wants it all to herself.

When we got home, I was very surprised to see that Dotty and Jebs were still there! Although, it's a bit odd, because Mummy and Daddy have started calling Jebs "Shadow". He doesn't seem to mind, though, and comes when he's called. Mummy gave us all some dinner and then we had a fantastic play. I had to show them that this is MY house and that I am the BOSS here, especially with Dotty, who is nearly as big as me, although she's not as tall. It was great fun and before long we were all soooooo sleepy, so we curled up in the cosy crate and went nuh-nights. I was SO tired, I had a lie-in this morning and didn't make a peep at getting up time!

Jebs - sorry, *Shadow* - and Dotty were still here when I woke up and Mummy gave us all some lovely breakfast. We then had lots more playtime and I played "bitey face" with Dotty a lot. Then, my friend Bethol turned up. I like Bethol, she has a very friendly doggy who I like to play with and she gives me lots of cuddles and makes lots of funny noises. She wasn't as interested in me as normal, though, even though I gave her lots and lots of licks. She was more interested in Dotty and when she left, she carried Dotty out with her! I tried to follow her out up the stairs, but I'm still scared of stairs, and Mummy says I shouldn't use them very often, so I couldn't follow. I hope I'll see her again soon. I liked playing with Dotty a LOT!

Shadow is still here now, even after lunch. He got a bowl full of biscuits for lunch while I got a lovely chicken wing. I tried not to be too smug, but it was hard. Mummy says that he will be able to have some chicken once he has been here for a little while, which I guess means he's sticking around. I don't really mind, I supposed. He makes a very good pillow. Speaking of which ... I think the Zs are calling...

6. KeeperTony44

Morning Willow,

Really good to see you back, and i am so pleased you had a lovely time. How old is Uncle Drake....19???? Wow, that is soooooooo old. I wonder if we dogs age in the same way as our parents. Mummy sometimes says to daddy "it's your age dear," and even daddy sometimes mentions age too.

I looked up at daddy when you talked about a kennel, and he said something about a cosy house outside.....don't think i would want to sleep outside, but i have grown rather comfortable with my indoor sleeping arrangements. I am intrigued by the shredded paper, and mildly irritated. Who did it, and how dare they take away our fun! We puppies don't need any help tearing up paper thank you very much, do we Willow? And we do such a great job of it.

Yay, you discovered puddles! Great fun aren't they. I haven't drunk from them yet - i don't always like the smell. One very fussy pup me. And what is a "wiyald boor?" I don't like the sound of a monster, and i hope i don't come across one of these. (Looks up at daddy.) He is shaking his head and i think he is telling me i am quite safe. That's a relief.

I never seem to want to have a lie-in during the mornings. I like to be up before my breakfast to have a play. Or sometimes just to potter around a bit after a long sleep. I think daddy needs a very long sleep. I don't think he gets much. Maybe if i have a few more naps today he might shut his eyes too.

I need to ask Willow, is Shadow your new friend that your parents were bringing home for you to play with? That is so cool. I don't think i would like to share my home with another little me as i sometimes like my own company, and to share my time with mummy and daddy. I look forward to playing with other dogs when i go out - i don't meet many at the moment but i am in no rush to be sniffed and jumped on, in a friendly way of course. I meet lots of people though when i am out, and because daddy has me on a long lead that gives me more freedom, i can play with all the strangers who stroke me and say i am cute, without daddy having to be surrounded by them. I then run back to him with my tail wagging really fast. Daddy is very protective of me and is always watching closely. I like that. Makes me feel safe.

You made me laugh, and daddy too, when you talked about your chicken wing meal. I imagine you walking around with head held high a little, politely saying "i am older than you and my responsibilities reward me with a tastier food." I am sure Shadow may at some point sniff at your bowl...try not to be too angry. He only wants to see what you are eating. Dotty sounds like a lot of fun too by the way.

I don't have a lot of news at the moment. Life is going at a nice pace.....i am now 4 months old. I have been watching that big screen with interest and then looking behind for the humans but can never find them. Lots of play and rest and walks, and everything i like about my life. Different people have been arriving at our house, and daddy walks in with boxes or packets, which i sometimes get to chew when they are empty. I keep hearing the word "kwismas" ('What was that daddy....speak properly!) Apparently i meant to say "Christmas." Don't know what this is but i see a lot of excitement on mummy's and daddy's faces so it must be a lot of fun. Can't wait. Wonder if it is a foodstuff because i like food a lot (don't get to eat as much as i would like though, but i never feel hungry.) Daddy has said he thinks "I live to feed my stomach." And his point is exactly??

I am going to go Willow and have a snooze until mummy wakes. I look forward to playing with her before she goes out.

It is always so lovely to talk with you Willow. Give your mummy a lick or two from me as she sounds really nice. You and i will catch up again soon i am certain.

Be safe my young friend.

Bud.x

7. KeeperTony44

(CLICK)....TREAT!!!!!! (CLICK)......TREAAAATTTTTTT!!!!!

Just thought i would share that i am now learning the meaning of that clicky thing.

PONGO (hope you can hear my shout) Guess what. You were right. You told me once that laying down quietly when my parents are eating will reward me with a tasty morsel being offered to me afterwards. It really works. Not only do i get called a good boy a lot, but on some occasions i actually receive a really tasty piece of food that is nothing like my usual meals. I think i need to learn though not to always expect this, and i am slowly beginning to understand.

And the other day, my kong appeared again (hadn't seen it in a while.) Wowee it tasted scrummy. It was filled with, and covered in, (wait for it....another favourite word of mine at the moment).........................BANANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ;D

Hope you are well mate.

Bye for now.

Bud

8. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Hi Bud!

So glad to hear that the lying-down-nicely training is working on your humans. And yes, BAANNANNAAAA is great - I usually get a bit after I've had my breakfast and while dad is making his own. I sit by his feet while he is in kitchen...I can't see what he is doing on the table above my head, but it involves a knife and every now and then a little bit of BAANNANNAAAA shoots off the edge of the table and I snaffle it. Here is another lesson I have learned in life: time spent in the kitchen with mum or dad is never wasted. I've heard them say that their kitchen floor has never been so clean as it is now that I'm here to help.

I had an odd day yesterday. We went to a PETSHOP. (I got the idea from talking to other pups on this forum and suggested it to mum.) Well. What an odd place. It was just FULL of great things to smell and explore, and people talked to me and it was great. I had to wear my lead so that mum and dad didn't get lost. So that was good. But then a nice man-with-treats came over and after he had had a chat with me he talked to mum and dad, and I heard mum say something about what a lovely big strong boy I am now (well yes, I know that's true...). But she didn't sound completely happy about it, which I don't understand. And she said something about TRAFFIKK and TOWNS (what are they?) and then something about 'pulling'. And then the man-with-treats got a thing and put it over my head and round my body and it was fine and quite comfy, and then mum put my lead on it (she is so very worried about getting lost) and we went for a little walk around the PETSHOP and .... here is the odd thing.... I found that when I wanted to go quickly over to some nice people round a corner I COULDN'T! The thing round my body stopped me, it got all squeezy and I didn't like that and I stopped... and then it was OK again. What on earth is that all about, Bud?

When we got home mum put the thing on me again and we went for a walk and that was fine (although I do prefer walks where mum feels safe enough to let herself off the lead). But then a CAR with lovely whizzy wheels came past, and as usual I wanted to go and bite its whizzy wheels (obviously!) but I COULDN'T again! The thing round my body made me stay with mum. I'm not sure I understand this, Bud, and I'm not sure I like it very much either....but I suppose it is a good thing if mum and dad say so... Lots to think about.

Apart from that, life goes on as normal.... lots of walks and GARDENING. And mum has started making really odd noises some days.... she calls it SINGINGPRACTISS but it sounds to me like she's in pain. But she says she's OK and she doesn't want me to make a fuss when she does SINGINGPRACTISS so I just lie down and try to ignore the racket.

Have fun, Bud mate. Speak soon

Pongo

9. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hello Bud,

Banana? Wow, that sounds good. Wispa and I had frozen Kongs with carrots, kibble and a little bit of peanut butter today while mummy was out. They were yummy! I love the frozen Kongs!

I have been trying to be extra good when I am walking on my lead. Mummy has resorted to taking treats in her pocket again to try to make me sit before I cross the road. Wispa is very good at that, but I don't like sitting when I'm out because there's too much to do. I must remind mummy about the clicky thing because I think she tried that when I was very little.

I've just helped mummy tap on her machine thing on her desk. I lie across her lap and rest my head on the MOUSE! I'm not sure why it's a MOUSE because it's not furry and it doesn't run around much, but it makes a good chin rest when I'm trying to see what's happening.

Now it's time for me to play with my nylabone, then I'll probably feel quite sleepy and need a cuddle.

Hope you've had a good day, Bud.

Tuppence

10. KeeperTony44

Pongo, hi my friend,

Just a short message as i am going out soon for my walk to meet mummy from the BUS on wheels. I never feel the urge to bite those big spinning wheels as they are moving too fast. But i do sometimes try to race some of the buses as they are passing where we stand and wait. That means daddy has to run with me too though. I don't think he minds :)

Yay, we both like Bananaaaaaaaa. I agree with you that time spent in the kitchen has its benefits. Not so much with food coming my way, (though it does on occasions when daddy is a little slack at preventing things from dropping onto the floor.) But for me it's the smells, and they are at their most powerful in the kitchen. I love to just lay in there when there is the smell of cooking. Had a shock the other day however. You know that big box that has doors that open, and a flat surface with circles where i can just about see some food being moved around if i am sitting in the right place? Well the other day one of the doors opened and i had to move back really quickly (daddy had already tried to move me out of the way but i crept back) because this invisible heat jumped out at me. The smell was delightful to my sensitive little nose but i am very careful around this area now.

I have been doing a little thinking about this thing your mummy puts on you that stops you racing ahead whenever you feel like it. I get the impression that it is for your own safety, especially if you have desires to chase CARS and bite WHEELS. Also, as you are a big, strong boy now, it is possible that you are stronger than your parents. Maybe when you tug on them it hurts a little, or makes their walking uncomfortable. You appear to accept this thing much of the time until it stops you from running off suddenly, so i am thinking that it is not hurting you. Could you learn to understand it's purpose and not get angry with it? I am only young Pongo and don't know a lot just yet, but i learn very quickly, and i am very OBSERVANT (i think this means i look at everything around me. Always watching and learning.) I know that i am still adjusting to walking nicely when out on the lead, but i am improving all the time.

Your mummy makes the same noises i think my daddy makes. He has never used the words "Singing Practice," but i think he is doing what mummy says is not exactly SINGING. She has said something about cats which i don't think is praise. But he doesn't stop. And he moves around very strangely which i also find most bizarre. I sometimes go up to him and bark, but he then grabs my front paws gently and moves me around with him. Like i said - bizarre.

Well, i will wish you goodnight mate. Always a pleasure to catch up with you. Keep strong and try your best to cope with your mummy's musical talent.

Nite.

Bud

11. KeeperTony44

Hi there Tuppence,

My kong was of the frozen variety too. I can't believe just how much i enjoyed playing with it. I could smell this delicious substance, and slowly it became tastier and tastier. It bounced a few times too and i had to fetch it back so i could play and bite and lick some more. I didn't enjoy it as much with peanut butter, and i HATED carrots. YUCK!!

How is Wispa? I hope she is well. You will soon learn to sit at roads just like she does. We all like to just explore, and we don't always pay full attention to the dangers around us. However, sitting still until it is safe to walk or run across a road, does not take too long, and before you know it you can continue sticking your nose where our parents wouldn't dream of sticking theirs! (Why is daddy looking at me with eyes raised, and chuckling?)

Is that what it's called...a MOUSE? Hmmmm, i need to investigate this more. A new friend to play with perhaps. Mummy lets me sometimes help her on her tappy thing (i think she is letting me help anyway.) Daddy however doesn't like me too close when he is busy....i do on occasions sneak close though and have a look at what he is doing. I might one day place a paw on the things he taps, just to see what happens. What do you think - a good idea?

Right, i think daddy is about to play with that steamy thing again he glides across the floor. The room always smells nice afterwards. I will chase this and then rush outside and have a mad moment in the dark.

Nitey nite my friend. Be safe. Speak with you soon.

Bud

12. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

[quote author=KeeperTony44 link=topic=8427.msg125311#msg125311 date=1416426233]
    Pongo, hi my friend,

She has said something about cats which i don't think is praise.
    [/quote]

Ah yes, now you come to mention it, mum does sound quite like the neighbour's cat when her human stood on her tail once. That explains it.

Night night Bud

Pongo

13. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Hello Bud!

Um, Willow told me I needed to come and say hi. So, "hi".

I'm sorry, I'm a bit nervous about meeting a new friend because I've not met many yet. My name is Shadow and I am Willow's little brother, although I should be a big brother, I think, because I was born before her. But she's a lot bigger than me and "rules the roost" as everyone keeps saying, so I guess that makes her my big sister after all??

Anyway, I've just moved in here and I'm really enjoying it so far. Today we went out on a WALK and I found some SNOW. It was really cold on my paws and nose but I liked it a lot. I've been playing lots of bitey face with Willow and sleeping on a lovely warm bed. I think I will be very happy here. I get lots of cuddles from my new hoomans (I think I'm supposed to call them Mummy and Daddy) and they're trying their best to make me feel safe and welcome. I have a very full belly, although the food I have seems to be changing a bit every time I have some, but it's nice and I gobble it all up. It makes a change to not have to ... um ... "compete" ... with my brothers and sisters for food. My new mummy makes sure that Willow has her food in her bowl and I have mine in mine. We're not allowed to sniff each others' bowls until we've both finished.

Willow has been telling me all about you and how you look after your daddy when he isn't feeling very well. You must be very big and brave and confident to look after a hooman like that. Willow also tells me that your mummy and daddy obviously love you lots and lots. I think I understand what that feels like. It's a very warm, cosy feeling, isn't it? It feels like the best belly rubs, only on the inside.

Anyway, Bud, I'm sure that we'll talk more as I get a bit braver at talking to new friends. I hope we can be friends, can we? Willow says that friends are like brothers and sisters but better, because they don't tell you off as much and you don't have to share a bed with them if they've rolled in something icky. That sounds like something I want more of.

Night night Bud!

Shadow :)

14. KeeperTony44

[quote author=Rosie link=topic=8427.msg125329#msg125329 date=1416427779]
    [quote author=KeeperTony44 link=topic=8427.msg125311#msg125311 date=1416426233]

Ah yes, now you come to mention it, mum does sound quite like the neighbour's cat when her human stood on her tail once. That explains it.

[/quote]
    Not sure if i should have howled with puppy laughter, but i could not hold it back. And having recently heard the sound of a cat, and then instantly understanding what mummy was saying about daddy's apparent SINGING, it now all makes perfect sense. (Daddy, kindly stop making such a noise. Thank you.) ;D

Added note....daddy is telling me he still can't work out how to correctly quote specific lines from messages. And this is why he makes weird mistakes like the above. I think that if it can be read and makes sense then he needs to not worry.

15. KeeperTony44

Good Morning to my newest friend SHADOW,

Hi there friend. No need to be nervous. I am only a little bit older than you but i seem to have quite a wise little head on my shoulders. I am very happy to meet you, and yes we can certainly be friends. Your sister has become a great friend and i sometimes feel like a protective older brother to her. I will be here for you too whenever i can be, to talk and share lots of the fun stuff that you experience.

I am so very jealous that you have found SNOW - i would like some please and i know my daddy loves snow also (oh and yes, the lovely people you now live with are your mummy and daddy. As we get older i think we then call them mum and dad.......my friend PONGO calls his parents mum and dad and i think that is because he is nearly a year old (Have i got that right Pongo?)

Shadow, i truly believe you are indeed going to be very happy with Willow and your mummy and daddy. Your mummy provides lots of tasty food which you will gradually begin to sample over the coming weeks i am sure. It is wonderful to hear that you are very well behaved at mealtimes and don't sniff Willow's food bowl until she has eaten her food. That is very good manners.

Thank you for your nice words regarding my bravery in looking after my human........i think being part of a family means looking after each other. Daddy is just as brave at times, even though he won't openly say so himself, but between him, mummy and me we take care of each of us, and always know that we are loved. And yes, that warm, cosy feeling is indeed the love that our parents show us, and we show them in return. I am not sure though if we will ever get to give them belly rubs ;D A shame as i think they would enjoy them as we do, don't you agree?

Right Shadow, i am going to get some more sleep as it is really early and too long to wait until breakfast. It is a huge privilege to meet you, and we will certainly speak more whenever the time allows (and our parents rest their fingers from all that tapping...something you will learn to accept as music to your ears.) :)

Be safe. Have fun.

Bud

16. KeeperTony44

Really sad to hear my friend Pongo is not feeling his best at the moment. I am thinking of you mate.

Ran out into the garden this evening and WOW!!!! There are lights either side of the garden path, and alongside the little bridge that leads to my corner. They must have been what daddy put there earlier as i was helping him place these things in the ground by trying to bite them and run off with them.....now i can see them working i like where they are.

Detecting excitement in the air - not sure why exactly. Have heard words like "preparing for Christmas," and soon be off for a week, (from mummy.) I like it when they are excited because it makes me even more excitable. And we all play together even more than usual.

I have been using my own bed in the upstairs chambers for a short time each night. I still end up on the cosy big bed but i have to wait to be picked up, and that means waking mummy or daddy.

Well, i am off to gnaw on something, and i feel a mad half hour coming over me. Watch out chairs, tables, doors and anything else which may get in my way. :)

Nite nite friends.

Bud.x

17. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hello Bud,

Guess what! Tuppence and I had some BANANA yesterday! You're right, it's really yummy. I thought we were going to get some cheese, as mummy was making some delicious-smelling stuff with lots of cheese in it, but then she shared some banana with us. It's almost better than cheese. I was quite disappointed that we didn't have it all because she had some too.

Tuppence has been a bit naughty today. Well, actually she was naughty yesterday too because she tore a hole in her squeaky snake. We both play with it, usually having a pulling game together, but Tuppence likes to carry it around with her too. When mummy wasn't looking she chewed a big hole. Such a shame because we've had that snake a long time.

After mummy had been shopping today we found something on her desk. Tuppence decided to look more carefully and found it was a new snake - not quite the same as the old one, a bit longer and even better for us both to play. All went well for a bit. Mummy even laughed when she saw we'd helped ourselves to it and we had a lovely game. Then mummy realised that Tuppence had taken it upstairs and was chewing its tail. I don't know where it is now .... but I do know that mummy has just found a squeaker on the landing ... At least it wasn't in that silly Tuppence's tummy!

Well, I hope you've enjoyed your mad half hour, Bud. I'm ready for my evening nap now.

Night night!

Wispa

18. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Hi Bud,

I have had a really tiring 24 hours. A little 5 year old came to stay - his name is Logan. I do love him and showed him by giving him licks every time I could, but he doesn't stop! He likes to play ALL the time and made me very tired. It was fun but I was soooo tired when he left earlier today at I had to go and have a nap on mummy and daddy's bed :)

[​IMG]
    DSC_1719 by ternayacummings, on Flickr

When I woke up we went for a big walk to the woods. I was a bit naughty and ran off into the woods and mummy got annoyed because she said I was gone for nearly 3 minutes.......I was having fun exploring, but realise that mummy was worried so won't do that again ::)

Anyway, I still sleepy so am going to cuddle up to mummy and go to sleep

Night night Bud

Your friend Harley :D

19. KeeperTony44

Good Morning Wispa,

I told you Banaannaaaaaaa was delightful. So pleased you have managed to try some.

I am still waiting for my first real taste of CHEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSEEEEEEE :) But, i have actually tried a tiny morsel of a cheese substance, even though i shouldn't have. When i was out for my walk this morning i smelt something new amidst piles of leaves. Daddy didn't notice i was nibbling away until i had eaten half of it. My parents don't really like me eating food i find on the street so he sat me down and told me "NO." I looked at him and said "But it was tasty. What was it?" Mummy asked him also what i had been eating and he said "Cheese. He actually found a Babybel of all things!!" Is that a form of cheese then? It was very tasty but i suppose i should not eat things not given to me.

I think i hurt daddy today as well when we were walking. He and mummy were talking and i kept hearing the word "PULLING" and "STRONG." Daddy was rubbing his arm when we got home so does this mean i should walk beside him instead of charging ahead? I don't always know how to slow down because i love being outside and exploring. I think i pull more when mummy is with us, and i don't always sit at the roads when daddy asks me too when we are with mummy. I want to please them both, and i want to be able to enjoy my walks my way. As my friend Pongo says...."plenty to think about." Do you think it is easy Wispa to learn to walk beside our parents?

Oh no! Tuppence has been misbehaving again you say. Dear oh dear, will she ever learn. She sounds like me in a way because i can be very impatient and nosey. If i see something new that looks like fun then i will want to get my paws on it immediately. Has Tuppence been forgiven now or is she in this thing called the "dog-house?"

I did enjoy my mad half hour. It makes my parents laugh which fills me with great pride. Do you have moments like this? I think it is great fun to just rush around wildly. I am learning to avoid bumping into things as well so that must be good.

Right, i am going to have a late morning nap in a little while and let daddy catch up on his housey things. Have a wonderful day Wispa. Both you and Tuppence be safe. Chat again with you soon.

Bud

20. KeeperTony44

Harley, hello my friend.

What a lovely photo of you. And you look so snug in the big bed. I haven't been able to keep still long enough for my parents to get a picture of me in my big bed yet. I don't get to sleep on it during daylight hours and i think this would provide a much clearer photo.

Logan sounds like he was a lot of fun to have around. I am not surprised though that you were tired afterwards. I get sleepy very easily when i have been playing and keeping active. It's nice though isn't it to just go and sleep whenever we want?

I can understand why your mummy was worried. I think 3 minutes is a very long time to be away from our parents when out walking, even though we don't really realise the concept of time (do you like the new word i learnt?") I apparently do have some kind of understanding of time. There is a thing called a "CLOCK" on the kitchen wall and i recognise the sound that is made when it is breakfast time. I hear this same sound again when it is dark but i don't get fed at this time, so this sometimes confuses me.

Oh well, having my nap now, snug on the sofa with my head on daddy's lap. Be safe Harley, and have a really great day. Catch up soon.

Your friend Bud ;D