Burning the grass

Discussion in 'Information and Announcements' started by Joe Mika, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Joe Mika

Joe Mika Registered Users

Hey all,
    I'm new here, 1st post, I have so many questions about my new black lab name Gracie but here is my first one..do any of you have a problem with your female dogs burning your grass when she pees. If yes is there a magical cure for stopping this. Thanks in ADV for any inputs.

2. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

i=It's our male dog that burns the grass. Belle is fine. Sorry - no solution. Just waiting for him to cock his leg, that should improve things for us....but Gracie isn't going to do that..

3. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Hello, and a very warm welcome to the forum from me and Charlie. We live in London, UK.

Yes, dog pee generally burns grass, no, no solution. I'd save your money that you might spend on rocks, water additives, extra tomatoes and pineapple (or is that poo eating....) and just buy extra grass seed.

Saba's Boss likes this.
  4. Snowshoe

Snowshoe Registered Users

Is this a new thing? Or has it always happened if she pees in the same place over and over? OR, does one pee in a new spot burn the grass? OUr Vet said one pee in one spot should not burn grass and if it does the urine may be too alkaline and if it is too alkaline the dog is probably very uncomfortable when she pees because it's burning her too. Then she might try not to pee, till she can't hold on any longer and dribbles little accidents, bringing us full circle to how we learned about this. Tablets of some sort cleared this up for our girl, I guess it was a UTI.

LOL, yup, boy dog pee in the same place over and over burns grass too. Each spring we have spots around the yard where Oban peed all winter against the snowbanks from the OH blowing pee paths for him. In the summer he picks a variety of bushes and tree trunks and we don't have burnt grass because he spreads himself around more.

5. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Burnt patches on the grass is one of the little publicised "benefits" of dog ownership. It helps if you're not overly bothered about having a neat, green mown lawn :D

edzbird likes this.
  6. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

We cut our garden in half gravelled one half and turned half into a "wildlife garden" he he. The newts and hedgehogs don't mind a few patches and the gravel is great.

7. Joe Mika

Joe Mika Registered Users

Thanks all for your inputs...no both my females burn the grass everytime. I come to the understanding that I have to live with burn patches. Again thanks!