Carbón's Big Adventure (aka Labratour Part IV)

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Emily_BabbelHund, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

Y'all are nuttier than I am! :cwl:

drjs@5 likes this.
  2. Emily_BabbelHund

Yes, I feel much calmer now. I didn't realise how much it was bothering me not to have the control. I don't know what that says about me o_O, but it's true.

We'll see, but I do think that's likely the outcome, which makes me very sad. And I completely understand the other person's point of view and why they are angry. It's just as I said - messy. No one one was 100% right (or wrong) here, but we all did our best and wanted a good outcome for Paul. The shelter itself is very pleased with what's happened and offered their full support, which has been very helpful.

Again, I can't say thank you enough to Kate @Beanwood - she is amazing! :heart:

:idea: Hey, maybe she's secretly the lambie leader and that's where she gets her superpowers? :dancesheep:

Karen, Stacia and drjs@5 like this.
  3. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Hmm, well that was @Oberon previously, but he's not been seen round these parts for a while. Maybe the lambies had a coup?! :eek:

Emily_BabbelHund likes this.
  4. Lara

Lara Registered Users

Haha we use it as a term for, erm, canoodling. Goes well with ‘hanky panky’ I find. As in ‘hmm it looks like there is some hanky-panky and jiggery-pokery going on there...’

5. Emily_BabbelHund

Yeah, he kind of does in the photo. I wouldn't put it past him, little troublemaker. :D

Thanks for the good wishes. The drive should be an adventure. Paul is not the best in the car, but he's making progress. I think the biggest challenge will be convincing him to have a wee outside my garden. For some reason he doesn't think it's polite to have a wee anywhere else!

As for the re-homing, we've still got the home check to get through but it is looking good. If it all goes sideways, there's Plan B and Plan C in place. But I have a feeling the hardest part will simply be the usual...having to say good-bye.

I'm glad you've already gotten lots of replies to this as it made me worry about you. I don't think you should ever count yourself out for doggie adoption if having a dog makes you happier and fitter and all the other things people have mentioned. My own life expectancy is rather different than the norm due to my medical background, and when I started off on Labratour I looking for my own dog, I had the 'dog mother' discussion with my friend who was also Brogan's 'dog mother'. That made me feel so much better, knowing that even if couldn't be around for my dog, he would be safe and loved. Now, maybe I'm not the best example as I STILL don't have said 'forever' dog yet for some other reasons, but the 'dog mother' idea is just more food for thought for you on top of what everyone else has written. :)

No, like I mentioned earlier, the shelter is just fine and dandy with the arrangement. See...I've taken your jiggery pokery and raised you a fine and dandy. :D

I love this. :p "Fine and dandy" doesn't come close. Darn!

6. Emily

Emily Registered Users

I said jiggery pokery in a meeting today. There was an awful lot of silence and a room full of o_Oo_Oo_O

7. Emily_BabbelHund

Carbon got in touch with his inner Labrador today. All he needs now is some water, because that 'mud' is a little dusty. :D

Screenshot 2018-05-20 19.35.56.png

Bonus photo - afternoon walk on the cliffs near home (and look how buffed our little Paul is looking)...
    Screenshot 2018-05-20 19.36.57.png

And finally...new Kong giraffe bedtime madness!
    Screenshot 2018-05-20 19.36.40.png

8. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Looking good boys!! xx :)

9. MF

MF Registered Users

Love the giraffe photo!!!

10. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Beautiful he's in touch with the inner lab for sure:). Paul is indeed buff:). Looks like the boys are ready for their next adventures. Hope your little car can hold that much dog. Xxx

11. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

Fabulous!
    @SwampDonkey , it's not actually as small as some would have you believe :)

Emily_BabbelHund and SwampDonkey like this.
  12. Emily_BabbelHund

And by 'some', @selina27 is talking about @snowbunny. :D

There's a reason it's the Tardis, and not just because it's blue...it really IS bigger on the inside. But having said that, yes, it's going to be a squeeze with two dogs, two crates, enough food for the dogs plus all my winter/summer clothes and assorted other worldly belongings. Loading it and getting stuff in and out as I need it is going to be like a rolling game of Jenga.

snowbunny, Granca, MF and 2 others like this.
  13. MF

MF Registered Users

History of this name? I’ve missed something, perhaps cultural?

14. Emily_BabbelHund

Doctor Who, UK SciFi program. The Tardis is a time machine disguised as an old fashioned blue police box (same color as my car, ergo my bad joke). And it is famously "Bigger on the inside". :)

Outside
    Screenshot 2018-05-20 22.44.46.png

Inside

Screenshot 2018-05-20 22.44.14.png

15. MF

MF Registered Users

LOVE it!!!!!!!!

16. snowbunny

Actually "T.A.R.D.I.S.": Time And Relative Dimension In Space :)

17. Granca

Granca Registered Users

@Emily_BabbelHund and @snowbunny : Here's what I found at the weekend, while staying with friends in Brixham: Florence was brought over from Spain about two months ago. She's settling in happily with her new owners in Devon. Their previous dogs were lurchers, so they had expected her to be a bit bigger than she is, but she's lovely!

IMG_5357.jpg

18. Emily_BabbelHund

Awww....lovely little podenco girl! :heart:

Let's hope Paul (and eventually Carbon) follows Florence's example and settles into UK life like a champ.

Granca likes this.
  19. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

I'm in a slight state of shock that someone doesn't know what a Tardis is.
    I do realise that this probably says more about me than about anyone else....

20. snowbunny

Aw, little Florence! Lovely! Poor girl not having her full gloriously whippy tail. They don't dock them here. Her feet are lovely and round. Ginny's feet make me sad because they are flat, likely due to a combination of claws left too long and bad weight distribution due to her injury.

Granca likes this.