Chew Toy Avoidence

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Leanangle, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Julie1962

Julie1962 Registered Users

Re: Chew Toy Avoidence

We found over the years getting them onto chew toys rather than furniture was easier if you rub the toy with something tasty, peanut butter or cream cheese two favourites. Time they have licked them clean they are straight into chewing them.

2. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

Chepi gets excited every time I go to the freezer; she loves a kong. However, she brings them to me to loosen up with a knife - spoilt!
    I am still just using her kibble as her breeder advised nothing else until 6 months (1 month to go), then I will look to introduce some veg and fruit slowly.
    Otherwise, she loves chewing cardboard and unfortunately, sticks!

3. Leanangle

Leanangle Registered Users

[quote author=Naya link=topic=7793.msg109386#msg109386 date=1410695999]
    Lol ;D
    Harley has a football (garden only) which we deflated very slightly so she can pick it up and play with hubby ;)
    [/quote]

I think that Bouncer may well deflate that ball by himself very soon.

4. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Dexter still loves his footballs,I've just looked out the window,there are currently 5 lying around in different stages of demise in the garden !
    Cardboard was a godsend for me too,I kept the boxes off everything ,Toilet roll,kitchen roll inserts too .Put a few prices of kibble or chicken in and twist the ends ,it makes a right mess but keeps them occupied for quite a while when they are young x

5. Leanangle

Leanangle Registered Users

Seems when it comes to balls, Bouncer thinks bigger is better. He has just discovered my kids spacehopper :)

6. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

[quote author=Leanangle link=topic=7793.msg109612#msg109612 date=1410764290]
    Seems when it comes to balls, Bouncer thinks bigger is better. He has just discovered my kids spacehopper :)
    [/quote]

;D

7. Suthuncat

Suthuncat Registered Users

[quote author=Dexter link=topic=7793.msg109608#msg109608 date=1410763874]
    Dexter still loves his footballs,I've just looked out the window,there are currently 5 lying around in different stages of demise in the garden !
    [/quote]

ah yes - footballs, american footballs, baseballs... you name it... orion once undid an entire baseball (unwrapped it by picking out the stitches)... have you ever seen the inside of a baseball? i have!!!

:eek: