1. WELCOME

To join the conversation, please register. It only takes a minute!

Chewie's training log

Discussion in 'Your Training Logs' started by Chewies_mum, Jun 17, 2018.

1. LoopyLuna

LoopyLuna Registered Users

Well done for the perseverance and consistency - it sounds like it paid off. We're working really hard on the "reward for calm" at the moment, so hopefully we're on the right track. She also has a mat that she sits on to wait for her meal and she's gradually understanding that good things happen when she's on the mat, not when she's chewing our feet under the table :)

I know what you mean - I find other people's judgement so frustrating. To be honest though, before we got Luna I probably would have been just as judgemental because I had no experience but had really high expectations of how a dog should behave - I guess I still do. I'm learning a lot about myself though through this whole process - that I have to work with the dog that I have in front of me, not the dog I imagined up in my head. She might be starting to look like an adult dog, but she's still a baby. I might want her to automatically understand how humans like things done, but she's a completely different animal navigating the world in a completely different way - I'm starting to respect that more and be more patient (however much I sometimes want to scream and swear). Other people's judgement comes from a place of inexperience, so don't let it get you down :) I love hearing about Chewie's progress from the other side of the world, you're both doing so well. And it's funny to know that labrador exasperation is a global phenomenon :)