Chewing cables

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Mols, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Mols

Mols Registered Users

My lab is now 8 months old and has developed a love for cables. Tv, computer, telephone, if it's got a cable she attempts to chew it! How do I stop her from doing this?

2. sunsetpines

sunsetpines Registered Users

Re: Chewing cables

Other than the obvious, attempt to keep them out of her "safe zone"...you might try either an anti chew spray like bitter apple, or a smear of vicks vapo rub....

hopefully its just a phase, and with a little prevention, you'll both get through it.

3. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

You can get cable shields and cable trays - they also tidy everything up so they looks smart. Although I used some anti chafe hose from an old boat...

I'm not sure I like the idea of using vic's vapour rub, you really need to be sure anything your dog licks is safe...

4. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

I still hide all the tv cables behind the narrow box I got my stairgate in. Chepi's 10 months. However, there are other cables out that she doesn't bother with (I suppose I value the gogglebox more!).
    I have a bitter apple spray that I have used a couple of times - on a corner of carpet at the bottom of the stairs and on some plumbing expanding spray she took a fancy to in the garden - and (touch wood) it has seemed to work.

5. sunsetpines

sunsetpines Registered Users

I mentioned the vics as it was something that Boogie used to keep Gypsy from chewing her skirt boards. ;) But I've not used it myself...