Christmas pics please...

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by DebzC, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Christmas is a serious business don'tcha know!

1.jpg

2. Joy

Joy Registered Users

3. Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones Registered Users

Well not exactly a Christmas photo...more the result of Christmas photo! Bailey zonked out after two days with my sisters dog...back home with all his pressies....
    [​IMG]

charlie, Bruer, edzbird and 6 others like this.
  4. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

I felt like this after Christmas :)

Bruer, DebzC and Samantha Jones like this.
  5. Sim

Sim Registered Users

Dexter, Bruer, edzbird and 5 others like this.
  6. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

my mum came round for lunch yesterday...and brought lots of treats.. and an octopus for Bramble. She loves it, carries it around, takes it to bed...:)

bimboatchristmas1.jpg

DebzC, charlie, edzbird and 13 others like this.
  7. Yvonne

Yvonne Registered Users

I envy the doggies that don't destroy anything made of fabric! I feel so bad when my Cooper rips all of them apart.....wish he would be"kinder" and have an octopus or a lamby or teddy!

8. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Willow's Christmas gingerbread man was eviscerated today. Through the face. Sad times.

Dexter likes this.
  9. SwampDonkey

The main kill rate has gone down now Rory is older. He now only chews off extremities. He just used to reduce his toys to kit form really quickly.

Dexter likes this.
  10. SwampDonkey

Just found out so funny my brothers new little pup Monty ate and chewed my mums Christmas presents. Is it bad to laugh? My mum thought it was funny too:rolleyes:

DebzC likes this.
  11. Jonathan Wang

Jonathan Wang Registered Users

It took kibs a total of 10 mins to destroy the 2 new super tough kong stuffed animals.... IMG-20161222-WA0019.jpg

drjs@5, DebzC, Diane Dake and 6 others like this.
  12. Cath

Cath Registered Users

What a beautiful dog :)

13. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

I hear you. I was frankly rather horrified when Brogan came along at his capacity to "kill" all his stuffies. My first dog, Duncan, never put a mark on any of them. He knew them all by name (you could say, "Go get your Tigger!" or "Go get Eeyore" and he'd go right to the correct one) and would lovingly bring them outside for a bit of sun in the morning and then bring them back into the house again for a cuddle. I bought him really nice stuffies (ones for children instead of for dogs) and it was a real joy watching his little family grow. The worse they ever got was slobbery. Then comes along Brogan the Deathmeister and all that sweetness is over. I learned to start getting fabric toys WITHOUT faces as it really kind of bothered me. Don't get me wrong, Brogan was a total sweetie...he just had it in for anything made of fabric.

I'm really kind of hoping my next pup isn't another stuffie Deathmeister, but I'm not holding my breath...especially with a Lab. ;)

14. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Coco's squeaky ball was super-fun...it lasted about half an hour before he popped the squeak. small presents.jpg

drjs@5, Granca, charlie and 2 others like this.
  15. Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones Registered Users

Well I have become and expert at re-attaching limbs, sewing up seams, restuffing and repairing toys since Bailey hit 8 months old! In the last two months Long Legged Monkey (known as monkey for short ;)) has lost both ears, both legs have had to be reattached twice, one arm once, face surgery, including reattachment and restuffing - twice, and a full lobotomy repair! Eyore has has various seams resown and I gave up with his ears and tail! Even the new bear he got for christmas has had a tail repair and surgery on both ears! We can't give up on either Monkey or Eyore as Bailey still likes taking them both to bed!

Granca and Emily_BabbelHund like this.
  16. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I don't bother re-stuffing. Once there's a hole, the stuffing comes out and they get the skin to play with. When that's ripped to shreds, it goes in the bin. The Kong Cozies are by far the sturdiest I've found.

Samantha Jones likes this.
  17. Yvonne

Yvonne Registered Users

I don't sew or re-stuff either......have you noticed how MUCH stuffing is in some of these stuffed toys???? It just never ends!!! How on earth do they get so much of it in such a small toy???

snowbunny likes this.
  18. Joy

Joy Registered Users

At three years of age Molly is clearly never going to stop shredding soft toys, so I rarely buy them now. Very occasionally I pick up a 50p one from a charity shop because she's so pleased to be given one, but they get destuffed within minutes and the 'skin' lasts for perhaps a few hours. I have tried expensive toys but they get chewed up just as quickly so it's cheap things now. I buy pound shop plastic toys but keep them in a cupboard so she only gets them when I'm playing with her.
    My last dog was very gentle with his soft toys and had a favourite 'ducky' for years.

19. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Betsy is much harder on toys than Charlie - I don't really buy 'soft' toys much at all though. There are a few tuffy toys around, left over from when Charlie was a pup, and Betsy has done much more damage to these than Charlie ever did - he still has a lot of toys from when he was a pup. We mainly play tug with toys though, or catch etc. so we have indoor balls, and tuggie ropes etc. not really soft toys that the dogs get to chew up.

20. The Lab Coach

The Lab Coach Registered Users

Your labs are all so cute, I can't get enough of them! :)

Wish Tyson was as photogenic as your dogs, it's unfair!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :)

/Adam

charlie likes this.