Chuck It

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by stace84, Feb 17, 2016.

1. stace84

stace84 Registered Users

has anyone else found out the great beautiful joy that resembles a "chuck it" ball?!

i was going through at least 3 decent tennis balls per week with my slobber chop, all she does it chew on them and pop them!

so when i went to crufts some seller guy stopped me and was explaining about the chuck its. i thought he was full of dog poop, so i gave in and bought a 2 pack. he promised me that my dog wouldnt get through it, and guess what? she hasnt! its such a brilliant invention!! she can chew untill her hearts content, plus its bright orange so grassy fields and balls are no longer a problem, AND they float!!

needless to say i am a massive fan. they arent cheap compared to tennis balls but they are SO worth it!

Newbie Lab Owner likes this.
  2. stace84

stace84 Registered Users

can just about see the ball itself

[​IMG]

Pilatelover likes this.
  3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Are they kind of "foamy"?

I usually buy the Air-Kong balls, they last rally well, biggest issue being my dodgy throwing the ball into random bushes and trees.
    They often do a 3-pack for a decent price as an Amazon add-on so free P&P if with something else >£20
    Can get them in most pet shopes too but more expensive. Given up buying the cheap ones. Useless.

4. stace84

stace84 Registered Users

they are quite hard, just like a reinforced tennis ball but without the hairy outside, if that makes sense?!

5. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

They look good, I might try them.

Charlie crunches up those cheap, glued in half, tennis balls in one chomp (since he is a ball bandit, I carry more expensive tennis balls with me to give to other owners....). I don't use any kind of fabric ball myself.

For everyday, run off the mill stuff, I use nets of rubber balls that I buy at pets at home. They are fine, and he doesn't chomp them. Apart from when he comes back from the beach with OH....completely chomped rubber ball. Makes me wonder what exciting over threshold things the boys get up to when I'm not there...I don't ask, better not to know methinks.

But then I have my 'specials' - really special balls Charlie goes mad for....

drjs@5 likes this.
  6. Newbie Lab Owner

Newbie Lab Owner Registered Users

Yes, we've just started using them. I must say I'm very impressed.
    Dexter never destroyed his balls :D until another dog wrecked ours a couple of weeks ago. Dexter then decided it was a fun thing to do and went through about 8 in a week.
    These are 2 for £7.99 on Amazon and I also got their short chucker.

7. Newbie Lab Owner

Dexter's not made a mark on these in a week and they're very bouncy balls too :D

8. stace84

stace84 Registered Users

same, grace has had hers since this time last year, and not a mark on it! i get mine off ebay, think they are about the same price, id recommend them to anyone!

9. Naya

Naya Registered Users

I use these at agility as we currently do it on a sand base and normal tennis balls would get covered in sand etc which isn't good for their teeth.
    We ran out of normal tennis balls 2 weeks ago and have been using these instead on everyday walks.......they are so much easier to find in the grass
    I think they are really good quality and worth the price. We've had 2 for over 5 months with not a mark on them and I just purchased 2 more as one fell in the duck pond a few days ago and when Harley went to retrieve it 2 swans came around the corner hissing so I got her out and we ended leaving the ball (she wasn't happy to leave it though - good job I had a spare!).

10. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Are they safe, can the dogs swallow them? My Lab chomps through those cheap, stuck together, tennis balls.

11. Newbie Lab Owner

On the reviews, a staffie has had his/her ball for 2 years or more.

12. stace84

stace84 Registered Users

if your worried about them being swallowed i do believe they do the next size up? but i may be wrong

13. Newbie Lab Owner

We have the medium size, same as a tennis ball. I know they do small, large wasn't available but I'm not sure if it's because they don't do a large or the seller doesn't have them.

14. Newbie Lab Owner

Medium is the same size as a tennis ball, if that helps.

15. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Thank you :) Am always afraid of swallowing and suffocating.

16. Newbie Lab Owner

Yes, I was told the other day that a man knew of an Alsatian that suffocated on a tennis ball. It is a scary thought.

17. charlie

charlie Registered Users

I have seen those but aren't they a little too hard? I found Loopies Jokko tennis ball covers on Amazon for £5.90. You just pop the ball inside the cover and it protects your dogs teeth from sandy, gritty tennis balls so you can still use them. Not sure how goot they are as I haven't tried them. Has anyone else? :)

18. Newbie Lab Owner

I don't find them hard and they're not heavy. I'm really happy with these balls. I was using 'The Dogs Balls' before these, they are stronger than tennis balls but one only lasted a day.

Cath and charlie like this.