Concerns of living at the ocean with my pup?

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Ilovelabs19, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Ilovelabs19

Ilovelabs19 Registered Users

Hi all and thanks for the add!!
    My Sadie is 11 months old and Just loves the water!! We’re living at a campground for the summer that is right on the ocean. She loves her daily swims and is doing great not drinking the water, but she Is ingesting some while swimming and fetching The ball which leads to very loose bowels... aka.. complete Diarrhea ! I always bring fresh water with us, but she won’t stop long enough to drink any. I stop and refuse to throw the ball - and she just stands in the water waiting patiently.... staring me down. I’ll make her come to the bowl of water... but you know that old saying- you can lead the horse to water, but you can’t make him drink? Yup! That’s her!! Even when we get back to the camper she’ll drink some, but in my opinion, not enough. I’m now mixing 1/2-1 cup of rice with each meal, I’m buying bottled water for her... I’m just not sure what else to do? She also has started to stop more frequently on our walks like she has to pee, but not sure anything is actually coming out. She makes it all night not wanting to go out to pee, no accidents in the camper, no licking herself, so I’ve kinda ruled out a UTI... any other suggestions from those of you that do live at the ocean? She does do several real urinations daily. Her energy levels are normal. Just curious to hear from you that live at the ocean what else to be aware of or to look for or things you do to counter the salt water . Can’t add a photo for some reason...