Congestion??

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by BuddysRick, Feb 8, 2017.

1. BuddysRick

BuddysRick Active Member

For the past few days it sounds like my puppy (4 months) has congestion. I did some research and found that sometimes this can happen when they are teething, which my puppy is doing. Also, this morning I noticed that he did not eat all of his food.

I give him dry kibble and was thinking of moistening it tonight to see if it is teething. Otherwise, Im thinking that I should take him to the Vet.

Also, hes been snoring pretty loud over these past couple of days! Lol

Just checking to see if anyone has experienced this.

2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

I don't think Lilly has ever done this. I would definitely get a vet check.
    It might just be a cold, but there are other things that could cause it too.
    Not heard of it linked to teething though.
    I think if he is off his food then a check would definitely be appropriate.
    Hope things settle down though

3. Snowshoe

Snowshoe Registered Users

A Vet check is never amiss but I wonder if what you are hearing is reverse sneezing? Google up several youtubes, they all sound a bit different. Oban is the first dog I've had that I ever noticed it in but I would say it sounds like trying to breath out through a nose full of snot.

Puppies also get hiccoughs but if you cut down on the booze, not so much. Kidding, but they do seem to get hiccoughs and not when they are adult.

4. BuddysRick

BuddysRick Active Member

Revers Sneezing was interesting but its not that. I moistened his food and he ate all of it, last night and this morning. I think its more of a result of the teething. Anyway, thanks for the replies.