Crate question

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by JulieT, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Re: Crate question

Julie, is that a Cruft's playpen? It's what we had for Poppy, though smaller, I thought it was great! :)

2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Best sick-room.
    Best nurse.
    Much admiration to you for all this. :)

3. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

[quote author=Karen link=topic=3736.msg42454#msg42454 date=1387654376]
    Julie, is that a Cruft's playpen? It's what we had for Poppy, though smaller, I thought it was great! :)
    [/quote]

The crate is a cruft's crate, the metal pen is from margo the dog. The crate seems a bit flimsy - but it looks the same as all the others I've seen. Probably I think that just compared to my hooligan - I wouldn't say he's a careful dog with his things.

Anyway, we've got on with the crate ok today. He seems totally unbothered by being in it, and we've got up to a minute with the door closed. He thinks it's great, a treat box. I'm tempted to go a bit faster, because he seems so not bothered - happily trotting in and out for his treats - it's a bit tedious to do ten reps of everything. But, I've got dog training time on my hands (even if no other type of time, I still carve out Charlie's time somehow) and he is going to be in it such a lot :( for 6 weeks, I might as well make a good job of the crate training.