Crate training problems...

Discussion in 'Labrador Training' started by Buddy48, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Buddy48

Buddy48 Registered Users

Okay. Trying the desk bell, but I do believe that the bells from the door knob will be easier as mentioned above. The desk bell only has one specific location that can be touched. It obviously can be done, but the more I try the more I think the door bells would be much easier to get there quicker.

And, another accident today. :( After bath time, you know bath time right? When she drank her belly full while the tub was filling up! About 30 minutes later I wasn't paying attention and lo and behold walked up on her at the bedroom door doing her business.

Boogie's right. It isn't her head or mental capacity. It's mine! :)

2. Chococheer

Chococheer Registered Users

Okay, this is going to sound absolutely absurd, but I don't just offer food treats whilst toilet training - there's also the "Happy Wee Dance". Whenever he poos or wees outside, he gets a treat and I dance around the backyard clapping and singing songs I make up in happy high-pitched voice. All my Labs loved it (they'd get really excited). I only have to do it for a few weeks and then it's just a normal "good boy, good wee" once they're pretty much fully trained.

I have no shame ;)

Buddy48 likes this.