Cuddly labradors

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by Simba2017, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Simba2017

Simba2017 Simba and Minstrel worn out

Hi
    My labradors are so Cuddly! Minstrel 5 yr old female lab and Simba 6 month old boy love cuddles both with each other and me!!! They love curling up together on a mat or in minstrels bed. In the evening they take turns to ask to come up on me when I have my sofa reclined. They both enjoy going on my lap for a snooze!! They also love playing together, more recently Simba does not get away with as much as he did when he was smaller. But their play if boisterous at times is never aggressive.

I think we have been very lucky!!! After advice from others we are now considering having minstrel spayed rather than having Simba neutered. The change of mind is also partially due to our vets now offering keyhole surgery.

What put me off before was how major the surgery was. And after having very major surgery myself 2 years ago I was very reluctant to put minstrel through the same thing. Especially as minstrel is so boisterous and would not understand she had to take things easy.
    So we are now looking into minstrel having keyhole surgery in the near future.

Lisa x

SwampDonkey likes this.
  2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Hi. My girl loves cuddles too. She is currently on my lap snoozing now :inlove:
    I think that sounds like a good idea in terms of spaying. It should also decrease the risk of her developing pyometra. It's good that they offer keyhole surgery - Unfortunately we didn't have that option, but I am told recovery is a lot quicker. Hope all goes well x

3. SJH100

SJH100 Registered Users

Ours is a complete cuddle bear too. She loves an afternoon nap on the sofa with me on my days off. If she's sitting next to me she always leans up against me And when it's bed time I'm her personal pillow lol! So much for no dog on the sofa or in our bed lol...those rules didn't last long. Can't beat labrador cuddles though
    We also had her keyhole spayed, worth every penny. Recovery was so quick & it was great we could still walk her, albeit gently for the first couple of days. No stitches to bite either, the stitches used are internal so no cone of shame required.