Day 4 with pies

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by teide, Sep 11, 2019.

1. teide

teide Registered Users

day 4 with my gorgeous little fur baby!

After taking on some advice I’m going to try taking pies into the bathroom with me today when I have a shower as I now realise he must of been very scared when I left him for A short while.

Today we go for his health check and jabs which I’m nervous about.. how did it go for everyone else :) ?

Night times are getting better we go out 4 times for the toilet and we have had no accidents in the crate :)

He’s very gentle with his mouth but even so we redirect him with a toy whenever he chews anything he shouldn’t or tries to play with his mouth with humans.

Toilet training is going well he goes outside we take him out after every meal, every nap and after play and I take up all the toys and repeatedly say toilet as that is our word for it.

He has mastered sit and he even sits without a treat now :) sometimes he gets a treat sometimes just a big stroke and lots of telling him he’s a good boy!

I am drained and it is a lot of hard work but I do just love this little guy so much! He comes to work with me everyday and loves the fuss he gets from my clients as I’m a support worker for people with learning disabilities so he’s just as good for them as they are for him :)

We are going to bring the crate downstairs on Friday and start day time crate training on Saturday whilst we are both home to do it with him :)

Teide and pies

Joy likes this.
  2. teide

teide Registered Users

[​IMG]
    This is my boy pies :)

Christina2807, HollyBerry and Joy like this.
  3. HollyBerry

HollyBerry Registered Users

Gorgeous!! Sounds like you’re all doing really well and have a good routine going

teide likes this.
  4. lucy@labforumHQ

lucy@labforumHQ Administrator Forum Supporter

That all sounds brilliant, well done! And he is SO cute :D

teide likes this.
  5. Joy

Joy Registered Users

He's gorgeous and it sounds as if you are doing really well.

I may be looking at the photo incorrectly, but is the seat belt attached to his collar? If so, I'd strongly suggest you attach it to a harness instead for safety. Sorry if I've made a mistake.

teide likes this.
  6. teide

teide Registered Users

Thanks so much! Yes it was his collar the harness we got him was too big and he wriggled out of it on the way home so we had to use his collar but we got him a harness fitted yesterday at a pet shop :) so he now has a properly fitted harness for the car and walking :) (only having a little walk around the garden when he’s a touch bigger at the moment I only have to walk a tiny bit and he follows)

Joy likes this.
  7. teide

teide Registered Users

Thank you so much!!!
    We’ve just been for his jabs and he was good as gold! He’s a healthy weight 4.6kg the vet said he’s in really good condition I feel so much better now I know he’s healthy :)
    Thank you it’s been tough but he’s settling into a routine really well! I’m still getting used to the fact he needs to be with me all the time but we are both still learning it’s new for both of us!

8. teide

teide Registered Users

Thank you so much! I’m desperate to do right by him and give him the best home and life :)
    Oh he’s so cute that little face pulls at my heartstrings haha!