De-crating

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Somatic, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Kelsey&Axel

Kelsey&Axel Registered Users

We are working on decrating Axel. We had to at night because he can't move in that thing without whacking every square inch of it, it's so loud. So now he sleeps on the floor in front of the bed on a nice fluffy rug. And I'm hoping to decrate him during the day here pretty quick as well.

We are decrating during the day as we both work and are gone during the day. I work 6 hours a day so I do come home for a lunch and play fetch with Axel so he can stretch his legs a bit. I also put Axel in daycare 3 times a week because I don't like him sitting in a crate. So the two days he's not at day care he is exhausted and sleeps happily. But I still can't help but feel it's not fair for him to stay in there. He's so big and doesnt get to sprawl out easily. He's happy in there, goes in when I say go to bed... But I feel guilty.

I'm hoping to try leaving him free this weekend. Fingers crossed my house is still intact! Lol. Odie (my 6lb Pomeranian) will keep him in check, no doubts about that. Odie has been free of his crate since he was 4 months old. But he wasn't capable of chewing through drywall or baseboards. Not that Axel has done that but I've always been there.