Decision weekend.... keep Barney or let him go....

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Chris Draper, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Saba's Boss

Saba's Boss Registered Users

What a tough decision, and I salute you for being brave enough to do what is right for Barney and your family. Please take some comfort from knowing that your breeder will do their utmost to find a good home for Barney.

All the best to you and your family.

2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Just wanted to say you have made a very brave decision and is sounds like the right one for your family. All the best x

3. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

I am so sorry as I know you would have liked to have kept Barney, however, you are doing the best thing for Barney and your family and it is brave of you let him go back to the breeder. Maybe in the future you could get an older dog?

4. Chris Draper

Chris Draper Registered Users

Well we just sat down as a family and broke the news to our daughter that Barney will be leaving to go to another home. Lots of tears as expected. We are all upset as the excitement of getting a dog has been huge. I can say that we tried 110% but although I work from home, I simply cannot give him the attention he needs. Although we love him dearly already, Love isn't enough. It's time. The nights have been especially difficult for my wife as she works full time and hasn't had much sleep in the last 7 days. We are all getting cross with each other and that kind of bad atmosphere isnt fair on Barney. I hope he understands in some doggy way how much we love him, and that is why we can't keep him.

Thank you for all the advice over the last week. We have always adopted cats in the past and I think we may go down that route again. We will see.

Good luck with all your adventures with your furry friends.

5. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

A brave and terribly hard decision but it sounds like the best one for you all. Wishing you all the best.

6. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

7. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Thinking of you, it does sound like you have made the right decision, tough but very brave.

8. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Thinking of you all. You have done the very best in thinking it through and coming to the right decision for your family despite the huge disappointment. It's very hard because puppies so quickly become one of the family, but Barney is young and will adapt quickly.

Perhaps an older dog whose owner can no longer keep him/her will be in need of a good home at some time and you could consider that.

Wishing you all the best.

9. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

He will be just fine, dogs don't think like we do.

((hugs for you all xxxx))

10. jools

jools Registered Users

A very difficult decision and one I can relate to as I was so close to giving Eric back to the breeder last summer. He is now a puppy in an adults body and it is not easy. He will be happy :)

Lots of hugs for you and your family x

11. Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones Registered Users

What a brave decision and one that sadly is going to be the best one for your family and for Barney. x

12. Pilatelover

Pilatelover Registered Users

I felt so very very sad for you reading your post. Without doubt you have done the right thing for Barney and your family. I wish you all the very best on what was without doubt a very painful and heartbreaking decision.

13. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Big hugs to you Chris. What a tough time you've all had, you especially. Barney will be fine, someone will give him all he needs to grow into the super dog he is. Best wishes to you and Barney xx