Destructive 6 month old chocolate Labrador

Discussion in 'Information and Announcements' started by GailBatey, Feb 8, 2016.

1. GailBatey

GailBatey Registered Users

Wooohooo day 8 today but as of yesterday what a transformation. The devil pup is now turning into a loveable pup, his attitutude is changing so much that he actually prefers kissing our other dog rather than snapping at him. Of course, Rollo (other dog) doesnt know quite how to take this. He is doing really well which I am pleased about. This morning left the underfloor heating on for him in the conservatory and he seems to think that he is royalty. He lay on floor just lifting his head for his goodbye cuddle and then lay back down obviously to comfortable for his own good. I am still not counting on things being sorted in the not so distance future but at least its progress still.

MaccieD likes this.
  2. GailBatey

Yes Angela, i think that it is the not understanding how to deal with pup after having other dog now for 10 years. What we didnt understand is how hard they can be, how demanding. Someone said to me get rid of him. Ummm not in this lifetime I said, I will perserve and that is what we have done and will keep on doing until such time as his puppy attitude disappears and his more mature attitude kicks in. He entered my home and that is where he will stay I told this person. He aint going anywhere.

Gail x

edzbird, Dexter, Karen and 1 other person like this.
  3. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Good for you for persevering. I'm glad things have improved for you and your pup, and you can enjoy him again. I still would pursue the ideas for training sessions when you are home, and a walk to break up the day when you are away. These things will help as well, and strengthen the bond between you.

GailBatey likes this.
  4. GailBatey

I haven't posted for a week but things are still improving although we did have a blip the other day. We have worked through it and we told him he was naughty but didn't scream and shout as we have done in the past. We are very proud of his achievements though.

Boogie likes this.