Dex out of sorts.....

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by Dexter, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Jen

Jen Registered Users

Re: Dex out of sorts.....

I've only just seen this Angela. Been a bit preoccupied with my two, well Scott, he's had an upset stomach that won't go away.

Hope Dex is improving and feeling more himself and you can get in touch with the good vet. Fingers crossed.

2. UncleBob

UncleBob Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Hi Angela

I've only just seen this thread too. Hope Dex is on the mend.

The thing with the Google Vet is that he/she has fantastic availability (24/7) but is not always very reliable ;)

3. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

[quote author=UncleBob link=topic=10567.msg156672#msg156672 date=1429084038]
    The thing with the Google Vet is that he/she has fantastic availability (24/7) but is not always very reliable ;)
    [/quote]

;D So very true! ;D

4. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Gosh Angela just saw this! Hope Dexter is better...

5. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

Sorry Dex has been under the weather :( Glad he is on the mend now though :)

6. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

[quote author=Jen link=topic=10567.msg156669#msg156669 date=1429083145]
    I've only just seen this Angela. Been a bit preoccupied with my two, well Scott, he's had an upset stomach that won't go away.

[/quote]

Ah don't worry ,my Yellow Fellow seems fine today....I'm just watching his water intake ( ::) can't shake the diabetes spectre ) sorry about Scott though,what's going on? Have you npbeen able to manage without the disruption of a vet trip? Has it been going on for long?

[quote author=UncleBob link=topic=10567.msg156672#msg156672 date=1429084038]

[/quote]

You are dead right.....x

7. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Hope Dex is feeling better now and back to his usual self. Second staying away from all forms of medical diagnosis on the internet, everything becomes worst case scenario - think they should carry a health warning ;)

8. Jen

Jen Registered Users

I'm glad Dex has improved. :) I've been keeping an eye on water intake for the best part of four years since their bladder infection. A bowels and bladder obsessive. ::). I thought I'd managed to control Scotts upset stomach myself at the start of last week reducing food and Diar Stop paste. He was fine for three days then went dodgy again. My vet very kindly gave me a repeat of the meds he had last upset tum. As I pointed out he wouldn't have been able to examine him anyway. :-\ If we can get to the weekend ok I might start to relax. ::)

9. Dexter

Ah I know tummy upsets are particularly stressful for you...hope you make it to the weekend ok and you are over the worst x

10. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Get well soon Dex , sending hugs x

11. Dexter

Thankyou Kate,he's absolutely fine today in everyway except he doesn't want to get up on the couch next to me.he wants to be on the floor so I reckon it's the increase in temperature.....to be honest we all take a bit of a hit as the Summer comes upon us ,And furry friends must feel it more than most x

12. Karen

Karen Registered Users

It hit 22 degrees here today and Pops was slower than usual, so goodness knows how it must be in Dubai!

13. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Poor Dexter, hope he is OK, and it is just getting used to changing temperatures. Hot here, too and Casper seems to prefer the floor. Looks like a tadpole with his round tummy, chin on the floor and legs splayed out! Obviously much cooler there for him :)

14. bbrown

Obi training is restricted to mornings and evenings at the moment. This is his first real heat and he's a furry little beast so he's really feeling it. I've bought a big round rubber horse trough and filled it with water to dunk him in ;D

Both dogs are starting to search out cooler spots to lie in, they'd never cope in Doobs!!

15. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

[quote author=bbrown link=topic=10567.msg156879#msg156879 date=1429179119]
    Both dogs are starting to search out cooler spots to lie in, they'd never cope in Doobs!!
    [/quote]

Mine are doing this too, and it's only reached about 20C here! Wait until full summertime happens! I'm hoping it's just the shock of going from winter to relative warmth so suddenly, otherwise we'll definitely have to look at cooling pads for them.

16. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

[quote author=bbrown link=topic=10567.msg156879#msg156879 date=1429179119]
    Obi training is restricted to mornings and evenings at the moment. This is his first real heat and he's a furry little beast so he's really feeling it. I've bought a big round rubber horse trough and filled it with water to dunk him in ;D
    [/quote]

That sounds great - where did you get it?

17. bbrown

I got it from Mole Valley farmers. It's big enough for one or other of the dogs to stand in and if they fancied they could have a little lie down. It seems really tough, it's a bit like tyre rubber so quite heavy. I use it to bath Obi too as he's a stinky spaniel ;)

18. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Sorry Angela I'm so late in reading threads, so sorry Dexter hasn't been feeling too good poor boy :( Sending lots of hugs to him from us xxxx

19. Dexter

Helen don't worry at all,Dex is grand,it's lovely to see you around on the forum :*
    Dexter seeks out cooler spots Barbara,eg. he's lying on the tiles again rather than the couch and the rug but he doesn't seek out water...if I put his paddling pool out he will stand on the grass and lean as far as he can to retreive what I've thrown rather than put his paws in.His spaniel friend that I mind regularly....now he's different altogether he would lie down in a drinking bowl if he could,in fact this last week ,whilst I'm pouring drinking water out on our walk he's digging down in the sand to lie down to cool himself...I think spaniels feel the heat more definately.The trough you have will be brilliant for Obi x

20. Merla

Merla Registered Users

Poor Dex, it must be so tough for him I think the heat makes everything a bit grimmer. I know Merla starts to struggle as the puddles dry up here- don't know what would happen if we were in the desert too! She was Canis Non Grata yesterday as the doorbell went before I'd had time to clean her off after her walk, and she'd been MUD BATHING in the remains of the water filled hollows. I stupidly didn't keep her in the garden when I opened the door and the resulting waggage when our visitor walked in redecorated our cream walks nicely ::)

Good thinking with the horse trough, Barbara- much better than a kids' paddling pool, that will keep Obi Spaniel happy :) My sister lives in South Molton, right by Mole Valley Farmers Central, so I might get her on it!