Dexter is counting up his Airmiles

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Dexter, Jan 3, 2016.

1. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Me too, me too !!!

When does she land?

2. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

I am excited now! Are you nearly here????? :)

3. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Hope the flight went well! Looking forward to updates!!

4. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

The Yellow Fellow has landed and we are settled at base camp.....

Wifi is being a bit weird ...so can't load photos of him snoozing by the hearth...

Emily, drjs@5, Edp and 2 others like this.
  5. Dexter

Sorry just posted that to check I was working,still can't pull photos in though...

6. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Yayyyy! Happy dance!:tail::tail: :happy::happyfeet:

7. Dexter

Dubai had a few hiccups...as I boarded ,Dexter's crate was sitting out on the Tarmac at the rear of the aircraft with no one around it....his tracker said loaded ..hmmmmmm so I instantly made a nuisance of myself and went to look for the Purser.....who was attending to a medical case ....of course,I've done that job,everything happens at once and usually pre departure! Anyway I wouldn't budge until the dispatcher confirmed he was loaded and then legged down to the back to make sure I couldn't see him anymore...
    The medical case created a delay of half an hour ...that made me a bit twitchy but doors got closed and

bbrown likes this.
  8. Dexter

Sorry the wifi is being v hit and miss trying to get this all out to you because you've all been so lovely supporting me while I was fussing I want you to know we are here!
    I felt every bump of the flight....and as I say I've been cabin crew so I usually take everything in my stride.I nearly had a cry pre landing as I could imagine him having had 6 relatively quiet clam hours where I'm sure he slept being bounces awake and bothered by all the noises again !
    I saw his crate get unloaded at Manchester from the aircraft window ,they had tethered his crate to a little dogs crate so they came off together...I dont know when that happened as he was alone on Dubai....I hope they were together on the flight and Dex was brave and strong or the little dog ::):
    He was processed in 45 minutes ...Chris was there to collect him,he said he was massively excited to see him,like when we've been away for a week...did a few wees and a poo in the holding area....Chris checked his crate ...NOTHING! That lad did nothing in 12 hours in a crate ....he looked immaculate like when I've just brushed him and now if I could show you the pics he is snoozing on his bed by the hearth!
    I'm so proud of him.....
    Now the grounds around our place are

Debs, drjs@5, Boogie and 1 other person like this.
  9. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

I want you in charge whenever I travel ! :D

Glad you're all here safe and sound x

JulieT and Lisa like this.
  10. Dexter

...another story....
    LOTS of sheep....despite Chris's reports back,I tell you, him and I have different understandings of quantities! But non backing onto our garden and the fields look pretty secure so I can get to work on that a bit....tomorrow,I'm knackered!
    Chris let him out in the back garden when he got back and he said he went nuts......it took him minutes to get him to come back ,to sausages so I'll be taking him out on the long line later and seeing if he can remember himself a little bit!
    Right in true Angela fashion I now have to go and get everything done before I can settle down so I'm off to get straight ,thanks so much for al your kind thoughts and words....we made it !!!!
    Ps lovely day here,white and grey clouds interspersed with a bit of sun and drops of rain....can't tell you how lovely that is after what we've left behind xxxx

JulieT, Karen, charlie and 6 others like this.
  11. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Welcome welcome welcome!!

:happyfeet::happyfeet::happyfeet:

Dexter likes this.
  12. Edp

Edp Registered Users

Well the sun is out for you with the odd refreshing shower. The Dales are green and beautiful . Dexter will soon forget his journey as soon as he gets here and has a good run round. He will have a blast and even make some new friends...have a safe trip all of you :sun:

Dexter likes this.
  13. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Fabulous!!

14. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

YAY!!!!! Well done Dexter, super-dog!
    Now have LOTS of fun driving your mum crazy and misbehaving outrageously with all the delights the UK can offer.

drjs@5 likes this.
  15. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

YAY!!!! Glad to hear you all made it safe and sound. What a star Dexter is xxx

16. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

So glad you are all safely reunited! Now the fun really begins!! So looking forward to hearing all about it! And spotty wi-fi is ok...just gives you more time to relax and soak it all in. And for longer walks. :doug:

The sheep are a slightly ominous addition but what did you expect with the Lambie network on high alert.

17. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

So pleased that Dexter's flight is over and he is happily settled. What a wonderful time he is going to have. So many new things, lots of grass and no sand (except at the beach!), new scents, rabbits, pheasants, new people :chuckle:

18. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Phew, great that everything went well and what a star Dexter was :star: Have an absolutely fantastic time all of you :) I won't be able to check in next week as off on our holiday tomorrow morning and no WiFi :eek:o_O we are in the wilderness!! xxx :)

Karen and drjs@5 like this.
  19. Karen

Karen Registered Users

WELL DONE Dexter and Angela!!!

20. Joy

Joy Registered Users

So glad that Dexter is safely in his holiday home. :doug: