DIGGERS progress

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by Digs Mom, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Digs Mom

Digs Mom Registered Users

Meds finished, thankfully as it was a challenge, wereas his Doxie sister has cushings pills everyday with a dab of butter, she thinks they are treats.
    His Eye looking better.
    Some muscle atrophy on the right side of his face under his eye.
    Still not interested in dog food, God bless my Husband whom has bought several types of food to try but no luck.
    For now Digger is happily eating chicken nuggets.
    He has a litttle more bounce in his step, and even brought me his ball this morning, but new developments are Shakey hind legs, pacing, and sometimes he just stands and stares .into space.

This morning...
    His bloodwork was all in normal ranges, abdomen exrays all normal, there was a vety small white spot on the chest exray, for recheck in 2 weeks, and possibly a head ct scan if there's no more improvement.

Digs Mom
    Sher

2. Christina2807

Christina2807 Registered Users

Glad to hear Digs has a bit more energy.
    If he is happy with chicken nuggets then least he is eating something! My mother-in-law has an 11 year old poodle and sometimes he goes off his food but will have a nibble of what anyone else is eating. He doesn't have long left unfortunately but he much prefers human food so safe to say he is getting that just now!

Sorry you are both having to go through all this, hopefully they can find out what is wrong with him soon!

Digs Mom likes this.
  3. Digs Mom

It is somewhat unfair that our pets don't get to be with us as long as we are here. One minute they are goofy with boundless energy, then you blink and they sleep more, hear and see a little less, and begin having health issues.
    We've had several dogs during our 19yr marriage and have 3 now. Our life would not have been enriched as it is were they all not a part of our family.
    Digger appreciates all the well wishes and kind words, its a slow recovery, but a little of him comes back each day.

Digs Mom &
    Digger ❤❤

Christina2807 likes this.
  4. Christina2807

Christina2807 Registered Users

This is my first dog and puppy experience. We have had Luna a year to the day and I couldn't imagine life without a 4 legged furry bundle of joy and fun anymore. Although I do miss sleeping past 6am!
    Long as he is recovering he will be well cared for and spoilt along the way

Digs Mom and Simbabear like this.
  5. Digs Mom

Absolutely !!